• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

J Music! ~The Music of Visual & Melody~

DondonSF

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the burfday wishes,and thanks for the Alice Nine DJ!also does anyone here listen to ViVid?I just got their single Yume Mugen no Kanata and im really liking it.

justaway12

Smash Master
IKNORITE!? And I just recently got SUPERRR into Namie Amuro as well. AND NOW THE FLAWLESS PRINCESS NANA AND THE OTHER GIRLS GET TO WORK WITH THE QUEEN NAMIE.

It's a shame After School and Namie don't get a lot of love on these forums =(
She's also working with some famous people, like lil wayne and chemistry.

DondonSF

Smash Journeyman
I used to listen to Namie a lot a few years ago so its good to see her again,and the fact that she's got music with the group that got me into kpop is amazing.im not too big on her makin music with lil wayne but if it helps her career I guess its fine,I just cant bring myself to like that man.

justaway12

Smash Master
I'm not the biggest lil wayne fan either, just throwing it out there~

Oh they got you into K-pop? =O Didn't think a lot of people were interested in After School here.
I'm a little sad that AS are look like they're basically back-up dancers, but ehh, it is Namie's song in the end but hey, it's an amazing start in Japan.
TBH, the only K-pop bands I want to succeed in Japan are SNSD, After School and SHINee (Kara too, but with their lawsuit and eveything, it may be hard =X) There are too many going ATM =X

DondonSF

Smash Journeyman
I was hangin out with a friend of mine and he was playin a lot of kpop and he had me check out the video for their song Bang and I got hooked,after that I remembered victra started a thread on kpop and that was pretty much how I got into it.I think that since they're doin a song with Namie it'll be good for their exposure out there even if they aren't the main focus of the video,it'll help get them recognized by a larger audience as opposed to just goin over there and doin their own thing by themselves.I haven't kept up with the kpop world recently so im not sure why everyone is goin to japan or what this lawsuit business is about,anyone care to inform me?

DJMirror

Smash Master
BoA got me into Kpop but the whole time I thought BoA was japanese =__=

just thought I throw that out there

justaway12

Smash Master
Yeah, I got into After School by Bang too I had no idea who they were though, they all looked the same with those costumes xP
But, yeah, I'm glad they're doing a collabo with Namie, I was worried how they were going to start out, their style isn't as J-popish (?) as groups like KARA or SNSD.

Basically, everyone is going to Japan because of the money, it's the second biggest music market in the world, so why not? And Korea's market is like, teeny-weeny, for example, SNSD was the first group in five or so years to break 3K in Korea, I think and KARA made more in a few weeks in Japan from their Japanese album, than they ever made in Korea. The main way idols make money, I think is from CFs and stuff.

A lot of groups are going to either to Japan or America, personally, I think America is a bad choice since nobody ever made it in America, but whatever.
They're all going now because of the Hallyu wave, the Hallyu wave basically means, K-pop is getting super popular now.

I think this is a pretty stupid idea, TBH =X some groups are going, without even making a name for themselves in Korea.

And the lawsuit has nothing to do with Japan but, yeah :p
basically, 3 members of KARA (Nicole, Jiyoung, Seunyong) are basically suing DSP (their company) mainly because of their parents and the money they make, I think.

I've been listening to AKB48 soo much lately, they're so funky and catchy <3

EDIT: Yeah, BoA spent so much time in Japan, I think a lot of people thought she was Japanese =P It's a shame she's not as popular now V_V

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf4XrUM4oqk
What is this? IDE O_O

DondonSF

Smash Journeyman
I can see why a bunch of people are goin to japan for music,if you really aren't making anything from your music then I don't really see a reason to stick around.right now I would say that it wouldn't be too great of an idea to try to start off in America because their music would mainly be played for a niche market and I don't believe it would take them as far as they would like to go,especially if they barely have a name for themselves in their home country.as for the lawsuit I've heard about things like that happening quite a bit,which is really too bad but not much can be done about it.I haven't listened to a lot of AKB48 but from what I have heard they aren't bad,so far I haven't heard a song from them I didn't like.honestly at first I did think BoA was japanese so I was very surprised that she wasn't,she is a very talented singer and its too bad she isn't as popular as she once was.
HAHAHA WHAT THE HELL?!I honestly have no idea how I should feel about this,its like I have an emotion for this but im not sure if its the right one.I don't know if I should laugh,be disturbed,frightened or angry.I think I can only be amazed.

justaway12

Smash Master
Yeah, the only ones I can see making it in America is 2ne1 because in Korea they're pretty popular and they're working with Will.I.Am, so I could see them making it. A band called U-Kiss is going to america too, I feel really bad for them, since they encompass every America doesn't like about boybands =S
Some bands like SNSD, I can see going to Japan, they're already top of their game and going to Japan wouldn't do them harm even if they flop since they'll get lotss of support from their current fans as well, but groups like MBLAQ, 4minute etc. should stick to Korea, they would think making a name in Korea first is more important, which is a shame, I liked 4minute and was sad that they flopped V.V I just can't see MBLAQ making it.
And Yeah, BoA is an amazing performer and it's sad seeing her fame go down in Japan, her latest japanese song, I see me, I don't think it did that well =X

And yeah, I'm loving the songs by AKB48. SKE48 too, but I didn't hear too muuch from them.

Aren't they a Visual Kei group too, I honestly never thought a Visual Kei group would do that. o_O Japan and it's weirdness is too fun sometimes :p

justaway12

Smash Master
You see, that is impossible, in reality, you're not enjoying it enough, you just want yourself to enjoy it more but have no idea how.

In a video with After School and Namie, it's impossible to enjoy them too much. B)
This and Wonder Woman, I really liked them.
This is Wonder Woman, for anybody who doesn't know who it is.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh2zic_wonder-woman-yyyyy-feat-ai-yyyyy_music

justaway12

Smash Master
='(

But, but, but...I can change ;O;

I can't wait to hear her other collabos.
http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/02/amuro-namie-reveals-details-on-collaboration-album-checkmate/
Here's the list

I don't have any new songs though =(
But, if you want it from them, then heres Namie:
Break it
Hide and Seek
Fast Car

If you want from Tsuchiya Anna:
Taste my Skin
inspi' NANA

AI:
Stronger ft. 加藤ミリヤ
Fake ft. Namie

I wasn't a big fan of AI's voice, but damn her voice kinda grew on me :S
Not a big fan of Anna though.

DondonSF

Smash Journeyman
she's gonna have m-flo and Heartsdales on the album,possibly my favorite news of the month.I actually really like AI's voice,she has a really soulful voice that works great with songs that have a funky beat.she kinda reminds me of the singer from Siberian Husky =O

edit:just in case you haven't heard of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPFGnkiaUHo

Tomoe Mami

Smash Rookie

justaway12

Smash Master
^
Shame =( I actually loved it, TBH, the chorus took some getting used to, but I really liked it overall and when the chorus grew on me, I loved it, though I would understand why someone wouldn't like it.

@Corrupt Wolf: I've heard of one of T.M. revolutions song, the bleach one, but what I've heard from it is really good.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I actually really like T.M.Revolution,we should get along fine.

you are a terrible person and should feel bad.
Cool I'm a terrible person, but you know what? I feel great. I don't like that song. it's mediocre, and i couldn't get into it.

tmr ***** tho.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i think that song is meh but i could probably get into it if you gave me a few more times to listen to it

sounds like something whatshername from the black eyed peas would put out, and she is really, really hit or miss

DJMirror

Smash Master
can someone please recommend me something new?

No TMR because i dont like it =[

DJMirror

Smash Master
can someone please recommend me something new?

No TMR because i dont like it =[

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna recommend me some music?

I listen to Kana Nishino (OMG SO MUCH <333), BoA, and m-flo mostly.

DondonSF

Smash Journeyman
I'm in a pop/Trance mood
im not sure of any jpop artist that does those,unless you meant pop and trance separately
Anyone wanna recommend me some music?

I listen to Kana Nishino (OMG SO MUCH <333), BoA, and m-flo mostly.
I checked out Kana Nishino and I liked what I heard,addin her to the list.I pretty much always suggest Crystal Kay cause she's easy to get into,then probably Minmi,Halcali,RIP Slyme,and Home Made Kazoku.dont know exactly what you wanna listen to but those are some pretty good default artists.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
I've heard of Crystal Kay, but not the others. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check em' out.

justaway12

Smash Master
I don't really pay attention to Koda Kumi for some strange reason, but I loving these *_*
http://vimeo.com/20597316
http://vimeo.com/20595916

They're only covers of old songs, so they might sound a bit dated, but I love them =O

EDIT: Completly unrelated but also this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqKLjleXoE&feature=player_embedded
lol, I love the song and the MV, but it soo doesn't fit, it sounds so happy and the MV is like, completly the opposite, but maybe it's because I don't know the lyrics =S

DondonSF

Smash Journeyman
I love me some Kumi Koda,a friend of mine had me listen to her songs a few years back and I got hooked.

EDIT: Completly unrelated but also this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqKLjleXoE&feature=player_embedded
lol, I love the song and the MV, but it soo doesn't fit, it sounds so happy and the MV is like, completly the opposite, but maybe it's because I don't know the lyrics =S
I honestly hope there isn't a connection between the song and the video,like they did it like that just because.

Top Bottom