• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JAB 2 - November 7th - Full Results/Shoutouts thread

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
TOs: i hope you get this venue again, it was nice...i like the high ceilings

NesNob: you got lucky
BigR: way to let lil tommy beat you
kels: drop the fox plox

Tomacawk

Smash Master
champaign all posts really weird but it makes me happy
okay legit shoutouts
george-thanks for housing. your roomy is cool, I hope to meet him again. btw i quit falcon get at me!
KSAlan-you're so much better at guitar hero than I expected. Totally blew me away. So did Old Man Guitar, although I was skeptical at first...now I want one :\ fun games as always man you're one of my favorite people to play. i lol'd pretty hard at the ganon dittos with tinkerbell
Vro-the more I meet you, the more I love you, no homo. You're an awesome guy and I want to steal you in a pokeball and bring you around and throw you outta there when I want to kick it. That MM was so awful, lol. Your falcon is mad good man but your marth is super smart so I hope you get that figured out.
Wayne-you're one of my favorite people to play with too. you're okay i guess but i ****ed you up when we got smashed man. what happened? i was like THIS GUY RIGHT HERE MAN. and you're one of the funniest talking people ever dude you should be on the radio WPOT 420 am hahahaha
********-you're fun as hell man. thanks for the piece hookup at zeta psi that was really clutch and that liquuor you gave me was so nasty but i got ****ed up so no complaints
nesn00b-wow. falcon won a tournament. you're funny man, in a really weird person kinda way. having a class or something with you would be something else but seeing you at tournies is always fun. and god **** you ****ed my **** up so hard this time, I was pretty impressed. our games are always fun but you talk to me and be all weird when we play and i'm just like uhhhh lol so i got johns =D You're definitely a top 2 falcon IMO and I hope you **** **** up at pound 4, if any falcon can do it I think you're gunna be the one
goose-you're pretty good man. fun friendlies, sorry I wasn't too talkative I was pretty tired lol
ihaveamustache-dude you're way too good. my bad for johning about samus (this goes to you too fro) but samus is a super gay character, she is so weird to play against lol but it's pretty impressive to see that goofball be so good so props to you man
jayford-i love playing with you man. you gotta step up your mew2 tho =P sucks we had to be in the same pool tho!
fro-you're a cool guy(next time you're getting all marf tho so you're done son!) and don't feel bad about the celebration, I'm not one to be salty about that. I woulda celebrated if I won too :p
samurai-you're the man for driving. Thanks man, I gave you what I could in gas $.
NJzFinest-lol you're goofy man but it was fun hanging with you. I don't think we ever actually played? IDK We might have played in some dubs I was kinda ****ed up so I don't remember much
Champaign-you're all really ****ing good. I'm gunna step my game up and give you guys some better sets!
falcon-you're a really fun character but you suck so I gotta with shboy fox mccloud :(
kels-man i always love playing with you, your comments make me lol pretty hard and you gotta get your swagger back man step that fox up!

Rat

Smash Lord
Good tournament. Lack of sleep johns. I feel bad for sucking up it in teams. In pools we barely got 4th seed.

Kso + others (DJ and Ryan) - good time hanging out with the Drinking games (beer die?).
NESNoob - You are a strange person, but other than that good ****.
Spaceballs - Nice mustache. pretty good job at the tournament. Place in the money next time. We will finish that CF BB GG money match some other time.
Myztek - Sorry I didn't follow through on that money match.
Kirkq - That camping wrecked me in pools. =( good ****. *See Spaceballs shoutout about the money match.
Chicago - Way to choke it up guys (minus Joe).
Juke - Is much smarter than me =(.
TomR - Good set. I can't believe that knee traded. We will play again
Velyn and Bigy - great seeing you guys again. Too bad you had to leave early. Andrew pm me your number so we can play when I'm in GR (which is like every friday.)
'Fro - good to see you again. Thanks for letting me give you some advice, it makes me feel like I know things =).
BunBun - Is one of the nicest guys at the tournament.
George - I'm pretty sure you are a pot professional. GGs.
Kira - Good match. You are the most 'into it' Smasher I have ever seen. It sorta threw me off.
Everyone else - ggs. See you next circuit event.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Hey, someone left a "soul rebellion" T-shirt and a "Columbia Sportswear Company" sweatshirt in my room. Vro, I think this is either yours or razzledazzle's

Shoutties l8er

_kSo_

Smash Master
Shoutouts

Purdue Crew - I love you guys, you guys all did awesome in the tournament. Keep reppin' dat dew crew sonnn
Chicago crew - it was awesome chillin wit you and partying with you!! das grampas guitars messed all yall up sonnnn (except rat :) ) good **** in crews!
Tink - ganon dittos LOL good money matches dude. we did a hella lotta shots dude. It was good though. :) always fun partyin' it down wit you man
vro - you are such a crazy asian. I want my nalgene bottle back next time :p
tomacawk - you are one silly mother fukker and I got a kick out of gettin' fuked up wit you sonnn partyin it down. we needed to play more friendlies though
joe (razzle dazzle) - ur pretty chill. Happy birthday man. Keep practicing up in melee :)
rat - your samus is quite good, sir. It was fun playing you in crews. Fun times playing beer die, too man :)
Kels - you are a huge kels for johning out of the festivities.
george - you are a george
lemon + viperboy - you guys are fros for johning out :(
zjiin - ihaven't heard from you in so long
ihavespaceballs (wearing a moustache) - you are insane at this game dude...I am impressed everytime I see you play or play you. Keep it up dude
bigR - you are silly as hell man and you got one hella voice good **** singin cult of personality loLLLL. dat falco is sick
juke - good matches in pools I'm glad I finally got to play you :) fox dittos on yoshi's story = :(
bigy - your falcon is still insane as hell mann too bad you had to leave early, but it was still good seein ya
errdactyl - it's always fun to see you man. you are a funny guy and I always get some laughs out of our random exchange of phrases. We didn't get to play though :(
deku - you are impressive. I can tell you have gotten a lot better, even since SMYM. Keep it up, I wanna see you winning moneys next time :)

Everyone - Sorry about the bracket mix-up. I will be sure to to all that I can next time to regulate the fairness of the bracket. However, I was unaware of the situation that occurred at this tournament and as far as I knew, the bracket was as fair as it could have been. Still, sorry if what we did upset many of you.
=====================================================

Good **** all, sorry if i forgot you.

oh yea, nes n00b good job winning the tournament you n00b. 0__o :)

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
nes noob - good **** man, I'm so glad to see a non gay character win a tourney, it seems every event I see you at, you just don't stop placing better and better.

Kels - tom is a barrel, not a bucket

tomacawk - its cool that someone from central illinois cares enough to drive hours to go to these with me, if it weren't for you i would be doing nothing but springfield tourneys.

chad - man, we played friendlies for a long *** time, ty for ****** me with puff and changing my mind...i guess. I been trying out the ftilt alot more, and yea, it straight up ***** everyone's reocovery.

spaceballs with a mustache - good **** on your first tourney man, 4th place in singles?! And way to carry me to 9th, your samus has a strong back, was really wierd teaming with a samus, wish I had a legit samus around me so I could get the feel for a samus teamate.

queso and jorj - ty for housing, and was fun playing with you guys, even if alan jons about madcatz controller's. alan, I totally had no idea about you and guitar hero, I've never actually met someone better than me at gh in my life, was fun playing with you and losing money, "I'm gonna ban cherub Rock cause I'm a dousche."

tink and vro - tink, you need to do commentary, you made those gannon dittos THE funnest matches I ever watched in my life. Vro, lol, you seem way to excited to play against pikas. was fun hanging out you guys, sorry if I seemed uptight at george's, not a big fan of the smell.

Rat - dude, was really interesting talking to you about pokemon and stuff, but chasey is gay. You also seemed over excited to play pika, lol.

NJz finest - nice taunt mind games.

jayford(?)- your kirby's a **** to my falcon.

others I played dubs with at alans - fun ****

everyone in my pools - as always, ty for ****ing my day up

west lafayette - your roads are ****ing stupid.

parking lot near cop station - get *****

my car - ty for not breaking down

samurai - l2edgeguard noob

kirkq

Smash Ace
Essentially I didn't really deserve 9th place. I got first in pools, then beat a member of the Purdue Crew, then beat fear, then lost two matches. I essentially won one bracket match that was challenging.

Spaceballs - To reiterate, I'm really disappointed I lost focus at the end of Dream Land. That was one of the best control matches I've played in a long time, and I honestly lost focus when people started talking /johns. Yes crewmates, you hinder my play with your unintelligible banter. Follow that up with Poke Floats, because I'm a scrub, okay that isn't really a win. Follow that up with Yoshi's Story where you did indeed best me. I consider that 1-1. You are definitely the better player, as proved by your further play in bracket, so I accept the loss, but I think there's more to be settled with Samus vs. Falco on another day. Your Samus playstyle is extremely impressive, and that was the most engaging set I've played in months. It was worth playing even though I lost.

As a slightly more generalized note, I've always played this game for the competitive atmosphere. There are definitely people inherently better than me and I'm okay with that, but nothing is more engaging than an even battle of minds where both players are playing at their peak.

Tom R - I apologize for the really uninspired set. You're easily better than me, but I shouldn't let it be 3 stocks better than me. Shall we meet again I will do my best to give you a better match.

Rat - (It was a samus day for me apparently.) I'd like to play you some more. Our pools matches really didn't do justice, and our one friendly we were both just warming up.

Vro - I owe you a money match in the future.

Goose - It always seems like we stop just short of something impressive in teams. It's always good teaming with you.

I'm really disappointed with the general viewing of the final match. I honestly thought Brawl finals was going on or something based on the level of crowd engagement. There was some really impressive play going on and some people just spout random bull**** completely unrelated to the match. It's really annoying to me when I'm the one playing, and really annoying to me when I'm viewing. I'd say more but it would be rude of me to start flaming in this thread.

All this in mind, my play hasn't really been inspired lately, and school is really dragging my general mindset down at the moment. As for now, it becomes more and more difficult to fully engage my mind in preparation for a challenging tournament match. See you all next time, whenever that may be.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Goose: We didn't play in singles for the first time in......ever? Also, "cape-wearing ******". And a ripped binder page.
LOLOLOL

He's up there. Other notably nice people include Dekuisascrub and GooseFactor.
Awwww.

goose-you're pretty good man. fun friendlies, sorry I wasn't too talkative I was pretty tired lol
Heh, well that does indeed explain a lot. I found it awfully weird that a friend of George would be so quite, lol. And ya, it was fun playing ya. Your Fox and Falcon did some sick things to me that day.

Goose - It always seems like we stop just short of something impressive in teams. It's always good teaming with you.
Heh, thanks dude. And ya, both times it's been a lot of fun. Overall, I thought we played some pretty solid matches.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
ok i can get some shoutoutz

brett - you are really nice and your pikachu has got the skillz. thanks for coming and recording matches, and uploading them so quickly.

vro - u da man. thanks for all the trees and good times. your set with big r was really intense and you almost clinched it. everytime i play you im very impressed with how much you have been improving.

goose - i see you all the time, but you still always impress me with how good you are

luke - always fun man haha, what else can i say. thanks for coming out despite the money problem, and im sorry i played so bad in teams. i was just ******* around LOL

wayne - i love playing you cuz of all the hysterical comments we make...step it up in singles man! you are better than this. i wish i would have watched your higher profile singles matches.

razzle dazzle - ur a character, and you have improved alot. keep it up hopefully ill see you next time im at carys. always fun chillin. also you're amazing at beer die.

rat - ur samus is really good and very challenging to play against. you are so patient and have very good spacing. GGs, but i wish i could have played you when we weren't shwasted haha

champaign - glad you guys came and rocked this tournament once again with 3 in the top 6. matt good job getting 2nd.

kels - i felt bad for you because you had alot of SDs and clearly weren't playing your best. still, 3rd is very impressive and you are a great player.

nes n00b-you are too good at this game. your fox utterly wrecked me in pools. i havent gotten beaten that badly in a while. your falcon is amazing and you inspire us bad people to keep playing him. you are really goofy and i like talking to you while we play. congrats on 1st.

ray - your falco destroyed me. we need to play more next time, see you around.

kirkq - you are really good and have so much potential at this game. hopefully the rest of us can get better and give you some more competition so you can get back into the game. you are too good not to and i really enjoy playing you. i watched your game against fear on corneria and you were really on your ****. the set spaceballs was super close, but i think you should have went fd instead of ys. i was really rooting for you and you will get them next time.

carl - thanks for all the friendlies, it made up for us not playing in a while. let me at that pichu son!! also, thanks for drinking all my milk. now i have to eat ****ing oatmeal all day.

fro - u were so close. next time man. i really need to play your sheik because you play really gay against falcon(aka how you are supposed to), and no one else's sheik in our crew does.

spaceballs with mustache - good job at your first tournament. your samus is awesome, how did you get so good? you remind me of ihsb but i cant tell why...

myztek - good friendlies man, that falco is beast. keep it up.

Alan/Andrew/Anthony - LOL at tos that start with A. the venue was awesome and i hope we can get it again. good job running this shiz. Anthony, you should have won singles, but you played great in doubles.

mr nignatius$$ - you are the best teams partner ever. carl told me about it before you came back and i now def believe. good job, the fro couldn't have done it without you.

kentucky crew - nice to meet you guys, but i wish we would have played. Fear, your fox is very good from what i saw.

velynn - i have never heard of you but you are very good. you wrecked me in brackets, ggs.

bigy - nice to meet you, and your falcon is amazing. sucks you guys had to leave early, hopefully ill see you soon.

big r - so **** funny, u crack me up. ur falco is hot stuff too.

juke - we didn't play but good job recording and getting matches up so quickly.

purdue crew - you guys rock

everyone else - glad you came

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Ahh ... so close to making it out of pools this time! Curse you, Raymond! Seriously, though? Good teamin' with ya.

A
nd GG's ta all the people who put up with me an my yoshi. Learn a little every match, and one day I might be good at this game!

Big_R

Smash Champion
TOs: i hope you get this venue again, it was nice...i like the high ceilings

NesNob: you got lucky
BigR: way to let lil tommy beat you
kels: drop the fox plox
HAHA
best shoutouts ever

were ur born like right before ur bro so u endlessly hold it over him and say he's lil? that's what i would do if i had a twin...

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
This tourney was really fun. This is despite hearing of crew mates having to play each other early, less people than I thought, and driving what seemed like forever. It was well worth it to see the midwest again. I <3 you guys.

Bunbun: As always thanks for helping out midsouth with housing. You may watch weeaboo stuff on youtube in the morning and maybe blind in one eye, but still a cool dude. Nice teaming as always even though I don't think we were playing as well as we should have. =x

Rin10-10: Great talking to you man. Talking about saiyan bears and **** was too good. Even though I didn't get to play or see your yoshi, I have to stay with that character just cause he is too awesome. Or switch to Falcon because he is manly.

Rat: Sorry for not playing when you asked to twice. =( I wanted to practice before the games instead of the MM i agreed too at that moment and then later I wanted to practice against spacies so I could stand a chance. Next time you see me, just ask for the MM on the spot and I will do it. Bats on high and all that good stuff including regular.

Kels: Stop sding. As always you are good, but man you have to stop giving up early. THE BARREL IS NOT A BUCKET.

Tom R: Your falco messed me up in casuals. I mean ****. Watched your falcon, as always good stuff.

IHSB wearing a mustache: You did well your first tourney. The matches between kirkq and matt r were close and for the most part pretty amazing. Closes matches we had in our set I was afraid in some places. Thanks for driving I was so tired during both trips you have no idea. Free gas is also too good.

George: As always, nice seeing you. I think you were the only person before the tourney that said I would win. I didn't believe it, other people didn't believe it. I believed in you who believed in me. Fun falcon dittos. Went fox in pools cause I played falcon so much especially against other falcons including you. :embarassed:

Jayford: You keep believing when it comes to low tiers. I like it. Thanks for supporting me. Too bad we didn't too much together this time. =/

Big R: Stop sding, you and kels this tourney. wtf? Good set.

Matt R: I don't know who "nesn0b" is but somehow I feel this is directed at me. So all I have to say is "NO UUU!!!!!!" Good set regardless as that weak bair bull**** combos (along with the others) and spacing of the nairs and bairs were too good.

Tomacawk: I am going to tell you that you must be the only person in the world now who thinks that which includes me. Thanks anyways for that. Good games and no johns about me saying random **** while I am playing. That is a legit strategy. Nice talking to you man, but since you no longer main falcon you are dead to me.

Kso: You need more faith in Falcon and his manliness. We should have played at least one game.

Ray Mother****ing Chun: I don't need to hear Scar john about my gay style (<3 you scar). ;) Nice playing with you and thanks for letting me practice against your spacies. I think that helped if only just a little.

Bigy: You are really good with Falcon. I don't know how long this has been going on, but that one three stock (i think?) was painful. Well I mostly just remember the pain nothing else. lol I wanted to see how well you would have placed if you could have stayed.

Vro: Despite how well I did in our pool set, your Falcon is still really legit and your marth is not half bad either. You, Bigy, and Tom R are keeping the mantle of Falcon in a place where everyone is quitting Falcon. So is George and Renenablade but they got some catching up to do, but if they can believe in me, I can believe in them. That match between you and Big R was so close I was nervous for you. Also, some of your advice kept me calm during the matt r matches.

Fro and tdk samurai: I didn't get to see you guys for that much, but I appreciate your congrats so I think I should mention it.

Thanks to TOs for making this tourney possible.

To all the people I challenged to MM including Tink, Rat, Matt R, and some other people I think: Sorry, for not doing them. I asked around for some people and got reminded once by Rat and completely forgot about the ones with Matt R, and for that sorry guys if you wanted to do them.

Plank: I have beaten some falcon slayers before and I am eventually going to beat you. I already beat tope, so you better be as scared as I was in finals (both).

Tomacawk

Smash Master
haha...I don't think I can ever stop playing falcon completely..but fox is definitely gunna be the character I focus on improving with

_kSo_

Smash Master
haha...I don't think I can ever stop playing falcon completely..but fox is definitely gunna be the character I focus on improving with
haha...I don't think I can ever stop playing ganon completely..but ganon is definitely gunna be the character I focus on improving with

ganondorf4life

Rat

Smash Lord
Rat.... when the **** did this happen?
A couple weekends ago. Vro told me to wavedash back and uptilt and then some **** clicked (mostly wavedashing back and uptilting). It's all good.

Also I did things with your mom.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
haha...I don't think I can ever stop playing ganon completely..but ganon is definitely gunna be the character I focus on improving with

ganondorf4life
When I play ganondorf, it's like I have an exp share on my falcon. lOLLL it's uncanny.

I told you ganon is a good character since long ago. lol

be my next generation of ganondorf, and pull out triple DownB one day.

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts time!

Iggy: Peach on Brinstar is gay.
Kso: Good friendlies, man.
CNN: Pitch a tent while you're at it, son. Nice counter-pick with DK64. Don't see that too much.
Velynn?: Close matches, man. Dittos tend to do me in. Good call.
NesNOOB: Awesome Falcon, dude. Congrats. Also fun friendlies.
BigR: My glasses ARE sweet, aren't they? Don't know about making any hits, though. I'm not that awesome.
Juke: We need to play more.

To the crew:
FEAR/Sean: Uh?
Megachuk/Chuck D: RAWWR!
Salt/Matt: Glad to know someone from our crew is hailed as one of the nicest dudes ever. KY represent!
Kira/Josh: I agree with Chuck. Why does everyone think you're from SoCal? Tag mindgames!
2-Tone/Tony: You suck. Play better. Take less smoke breaks.

This venue was one of the nicest I've been to. And it was a really well organized tournament as well. Good ****e.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Shout Outs

Fro: Good stuff in teams, we'll have to do it again. Also, epic pools matches lol. Sorry about Fro Specialing you but it was the only good counter pick I had lol.

Kirkq: Good teams matches. Stay away from girls with snakes tho <3.

Goose: Good teams matches. The combo that killed me at the end was pretty epic. It was kinda like the machine in mouse trap, except I died instead eating cheese and going into a cage =/.

Purdue: Good stuff.

IHSB: Where were you man? You missed a good tourney.

IHSB with mustache: Where have you been hiding >.> you rolled everyone. GGs in pools.

Tomacawk: Close matches and an epic tie breaker. Get ready for the Mewtwo, only 4 more hours untill he unlocks :D.

Samurai: Good matches at the frat lol. Bunbun taught me how to play Kirby pretty gay :D.

NesN00b: Good job winning. We'll hang out at the next tourney more. Mainly in grand finals when my Mewtwo dethrones you :D.

Jayford: Good call switching names. Anubis Ocelot was pretty homo.

PEEF: Don't john out. Ignore the hate train <3.

Salt / Kira: Good teams matches. Its always fun playing you guys.

Iggy / Ckit: Good job winning teams.

Big R: I want to play your Falco with my ICs again. The match we had at SMYM 10 was too close >.<

Deku: Nice try against IHSB it was an intense match.

R Brothers: Sorry you had to see my sad excuse for a Fox in teams lol. I hadn't played him in like 2 months >.<.

Anyone else I forgot sorry. GGs everyone and I can't wait to play everyone again :D.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
shoutoutsssss:

purdue: awesome tourney
george-weed makes you a better player, but not falcon.

alan-too fun. we'lll play more next time. your ganon is whack tho. i hate ganon

g00se-fun matches. next tourny, let's **** in teams

cunnnnning-wish you entered. i tried reading your guide, but i realized i have other books to read

kirkq- good ****. i had some bad needle cancels, but you won the set legit. they were fun matches

rat-you got lucky. vro screaming in my ear was helping you

vr0-you give asians a bad name

tink-you make bob marley look like the pope

kels-you'll get it back. don't worry, you're not the next dope.

matt r-too good.

tom r- i would have liked to see you vs nes. it would be have been good

deku-i got ***** in our matches. next time, i wouldn't bring the twins, just so you can win the tourny

bigYY- your cf tricks are slick. i alaways have fun playing you

fear- good ****. i think i could have done better, but good matches

juke- toooo fast

samurai- just as fast

big r- you're hilarious man. i hear singing from the middle of the room, and i knew it was you

nes noooooooooooooob -you so crazy. i had fun playing with you, as always. i'm always rooting for you dude.

sheik- keep on being broken

'Fro

Smash Lord
I'm really disappointed with the general viewing of the final match. I honestly thought Brawl finals was going on or something based on the level of crowd engagement. There was some really impressive play going on and some people just spout random bull**** completely unrelated to the match. It's really annoying to me when I'm the one playing, and really annoying to me when I'm viewing. I'd say more but it would be rude of me to start flaming in this thread.
I just saw this. I'll own up and apologize for my part in that. I let myself get goaded into a dumb argument with Carl.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
probably my favorite quote this tourny
"I'd say I smoke with a mean of 3, standard deviation of 2"
Never have I heard such an accurate statistical analysis of smoking sessions. I can't remember who said that (You were cary's friend?) but that will forever be how i describe how often I smoke, so I thank you for that

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
probably my favorite quote this tourny
"I'd say I smoke with a mean of 3, standard deviation of 2"
Never have I heard such an accurate statistical analysis of smoking sessions. I can't remember who said that (You were cary's friend?) but that will forever be how i describe how often I smoke, so I thank you for that
write that quote in your signature =)

Top Bottom