• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JAB 3 - The Gentleman Edition - W. Lafayette, IN **CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE **

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
how are these too big for those halls in that purdue building

those were really big rooms

BunBun

Smash Master
We wouldn't be able to hide the fact that it involves money, which is the big problem.

Jab 0 and jab 1 were both held in Wiley hall, where I knew everyone in charge so they let it go.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Event insurance ... Well, that tacs at least 90 friggin dollars onto any venue price.
I wonder who slighted them that they start needing such an unruly sum?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i remember once when there wasnt supposed to be money involved and then everybody started handing tj money and the guy was like hey is there money involved in this?

tj just said "no im buying lunch"

clutch

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
We wouldn't be able to hide the fact that it involves money, which is the big problem.

Jab 0 and jab 1 were both held in Wiley hall, where I knew everyone in charge so they let it go.
So, lets do it then. We can make an announcement for everyone to come outside or some **** and registration can take place there. Or have everyone meet somewhere else and then we all walk to the tourney from there. (Such as the visitor's center)

I mean wtf is the worse that can happen.... they throw us in dorm jail lol...

BunBun

Smash Master
Wobs, jab 1 might have been in tark, in which case Kevin took care of it.
I'm not 100% sure which one it was in xD

The other thing was that they don't like a ton of non-purdue related strangers wandering around the residence halls, and we have to declare what we're using the room for.
On top of that, i think that now they're requiring that an RA be there as well. Andre or CKIT can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Really, that church was a sweet venue, and I wish we could get it again

Tomacawk

Smash Master
that church was a realllly good venue, honestly
that sucks that we need "insurance" now
wtf capitalism, poor kids can't play video games together anymore?

Big_R

Smash Champion
Yeah what is up with the mw circuit? Weren't there events where money was taken out?

Why isn't anyone going nuts on this like they did with the Ohio kids?

Where's the money!

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
yeeeeeah, i'd like an answer to that too. i know that bunbun is out of MW, but i'd like to know exactly what happened to the circuit and the money as well.

BunBun

Smash Master
Nah, I didn't up and run with it lol.

Since we had only had one event, and Ryan won it, and I was being very emotional, I took it and put it into the fund at Ole Miss. If you have a problem with that, it will take me a while, but I can work extra for a while and make it back.

Also, I've posted this all before.

EDIT:
For any events that weren't JAB2, the TO has the money. IIRC Coheed says he has it from his tourney.

I think Vro and PEEF and Coheed wanted to start it again.

DOUBLE EDIT:
Vro and PEEF are for sure working on it.

Big_R

Smash Champion
I never saw such posts. Welp I don't think anyone would really argue with that I suppose... Some coordination with other people involved woulda been good but oh well.

Crapp Coheed? That money is gone rofl...

Man these guys need to get a thread goin or something!!

BunBun

Smash Master
Eh, I told Cunning I was going to do it and he seemed okay with it. Sorry for not putting it up to the community, but I was a bit torn up.

BigR, I'm adding you to the MW circuit group. Have fun.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
no one has a problem with the donation, but i think it would have been wiser to do that after the circuit was over. that way, we all could have been part of the contribution and we would have donated MORE money. nobody knew what was going on.

edit: bunbun, i know you had other stuff going on, but we kinda were all in the dark for a while.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Is there any way we can bump up the venue fee to cover the insurance? Or just take an (unfortunate) cut from the pot? It wouldn't be ideal, but I think it would be a preferable option to not having JAB 3.

Top Bottom