• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jacksonville Florida Area

smashbrother811

Smash Rookie
:laugh:
I am looking for some folks in the J-ville FL area that are good smashers and would like some healthy competition. Reply please.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I might be able to smash some when I'm in town for Christmas. Depends on how much time I get off.

Try posting in and/or contacting some of the guys in [thread=105124]this thread[/thread] to find others.

smashbrother811

Smash Rookie
Well Christmas is just around the corner. I want to play a lot of melee before Feb. 10 because I might not get to play it too much after that if you know what I mean.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Just show up in the gameroom at UNF and start playing and people'll sit down and play with you. Most of the people there are kinda scrubby, but some good people (C-PO, Xoff, and a few others) are there pretty regularly, so you should get some good competition there. Just don't advertise that you're not a student and no one will likely care as long as you aren't an *******/being disruptive/breaking stuff.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Anyone know if/when the UNF game room will be open during the break? I'd like to swing by it if possible.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I seriously doubt it joe. It certainly never was when I worked there.

And smashbrother, if you search this forum for a thread called jacksonville smashfests or somthing like that (just search jacksonville) you should find detailed directions of how to get there. Both Gahtzu and I made threads at one point or another (he copy/pasted my directions). For time of day you'd have to ask someone else, since I'm not actually in jacksonville anymore, though there's always people in the gameroom during the day and the competent people randomly filter through every now and then.

smashbrother811

Smash Rookie
I live in Orange Park. I'm about 25 minutes away from UNF, but I'm not really familiar with the campus. I don't know how to get to the game room. I don't really want to go up there unless I know people will be playing.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Hey, smashbrother811, you won't find anyone at the game room until we all get back to campus in early January. Once we get back, you can usually find us playing there off and on everyday from mid afternoon to way late at night.

Anyways, here's directions to the game room copied from Pritch's post a long time ago...

Pritch said:
The place is pretty easy to find - if you came in from Kernan just take a right at the light, turn into the second parking lot on the left, and park in front of the small grassy area on the right side of that lot - the gameroom's on the right side of that green. If you came in St Johns then just take a right at the light, go straight through the kernan light and refer to the stuff about coming in from kernan. Parking isn't an issue on the weekends as UPD doesn't check tags then.

Here's the address if you need to mapquest your way to campus:
11800 UNF Drive
Jacksonville, Fl, 32224

ShadowDragonG

Smash Cadet
Oh God Yes. I'll totally be there some nights to Smash it up.
...I was at work, and I was talking to some guy about Smash Bros, and he was looking for people to play with...

But yeah! Hopefully I'll be able to show up. If anyone actually lives in the Jax area, and doesn't have anything to do, let me know and we can play a few games. :D

Pritch

Smash Lord
And again, I am prompted to whine that NO ONE wanted to play smash when I was there (except for scrubs/chip). You all suck for only coming out of the woodwork after I left town.

dragonzordpower

Smash Rookie
hey if you still want to play you can call me and ill play you. . my name is anthony and my phone number is 910 200 4521. hit me up sometime if you still want to play.

ShadowDragonG

Smash Cadet
I'll call you tomorrow sometime, most likely around 12. I was supposed to go to Gainesville to play, but the main person I wanted to play isn't going to be there, so I might not go. Not sure yet...

Pritch

Smash Lord
Hey, jacksonville people. Feb 2nd and 3rd is pound 3, the last big melee tournament before brawl comes out. I'm planning on going, but I need people to come with me so that gas doesn't **** me. I'm already planning on meeting up with a couple of the melbourne guys (A-L and Dguy, for those who know them) in jax and heading north from there, but as it stands I'll likely still have 1-2 seats to fill in my car. Anyone interested?

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
if u want to play some people...goto Jacksonville Job Corps Center its in the ghetto of Duval....there is about 10-15 poeple e-z that play smash...i use to go there so i no how many people play..and they play every day...on weekends we use to play from 11pm-2am and on sunday from 12pm-930 pm so they all deticated to smash if u need more info holler at me

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
if anyone is interested in playing ill be in the gameroom probably at 12 or 3pm and leave by 9pm

ill be in the hub playing some dota mebbe

Pritch

Smash Lord
To chip and anyone else that I was talking to about pound 3, I'm pretty much not going anymore. Cash is a little tighter than I hoped it would be by now, and I'd really like to not be broke for a while.

Though I am thinking about making a drive over to jax to hang with people sometime fairly soon, maybe later this month or early feb. As always, I'm down to smash if that happens.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I live in Fort Myers area by Florida Golf Coast University anybody want to come play me XD
I live in that area, along with DaShizWiz, KeepSpeedN, SheikSSBM, ÜberIce, and when they're not at college, QueenDVS and RockCrock.

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
yeah we smashed tonight at UNF for a while. 1st time i really played in a long time too but it was for like 6 hours lol.

if your readin this wanting to figure out when to go to UNF to smash with us just pm me and we can swap numbers so i can hit u up when were going to smash.

Top Bottom