• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

James Mcloud Dead or Alive?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Years ago Nintendo.com used to have a Q&A page(maybe they still do) where people could email questions about game & stuff, & every week they would post so many emails on that page & respond to them. I remember back during the N64 days, someone wrote in & asked if Fox's father was supposed to be a ghost at the end of Star Fox 64. The person who replied to the letters(whoever he was, probably just some guy who worked for the website staff) said that there was no official answer. He said that James McCloud was put into the game in a way so that players could use their own imagination to decide for themselves if he was alive, a ghost, or just Fox's imagination.

Starmanclock

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fangzthewolf
I believe he is alive, remember
The end of Star Fox Assult during the Apriod Queen battle? How can you infect a dead person?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
We dont have enough facts.

I personally like the idea of Fox's father's memory making him crazy. He thinks his father helped him fight off some enemies, but he simply became a better pilot during that time and halucinated it. His dad inspired him and he went super sayen. :)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi

Neat-o

James McCloud is like... one of my all time favorite nintendo characters. I just love the (chilched) mistery behind him. Well that and he almost shares the name passed down through my family for nearly 5 generations.

There is no way James McCloud is dead, none. It surprizes me how little faith you people have in him to tell the truth. My therory has all ways been this, James is barely escapes a battle with his life in tact, and for whatever reason he can't see he son. (lost memory, exploded engine) This goes on long enough for James to feel like he abandonded his son (actually I have a much much more detailed idea of what happened... but I'll spare you folks, IM me one day I'll fill you in). And thus begings the "I'm a bad father complex", James watches his son from a far, he watches james grow strong and indepent without his aid. Both in the skys and in real life as Fox takes over the legendary StarFox team and continue's it's streak of amazing.

It's only when foxes' life is in jeapordy that James knew he couldn't escape, that he appeared to save the day.

Common misconceptions:
There are no communication and/or radio frequency blockers in space: This is false. James could have easily blocked his comunications with teh starfox team if he wanted while he guided Fox out of the depths of Venom. It also very likely that the same signal blocked andross used to keep fox and his team from making contact was still in place while his base was being destroyed.

Lol, If he flew outzors the would have seen himzors(Not trying to sound condesending, I mean I can't even speel I just wanted to say "lol" and "-zors")
Good point, kinda... If james indeed didn't die he had scores of years to find a way to adapt the cloaking devices used through out the game by eneimes in his own ship. It becomes very easy for James to move in a out of the Venom base unseen with such a device you must admit.

If he is alive why doesn't he just talk to Fox?:
Thats a good question one I can't come up with a solid answer for, it could be one (or a combonation) of any number of reasons. In reality why some don't parents seek out thier own children? *shurgs* We can easily make assumptions but the fact is it varies from one individual to the next. But simply because it doesn't happen doesn't warent a ones death.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You know what? This is stupid. There's no information, and every game contradicts every other game. In fact, SFC contradicts itself. No one else can see James McCloud, but you can play as him and kill things. A hallucination can'[t kill things. Then again, solid ships shouldn't be invisible to everyone but fox. Screw Jame McCloud is all I can say. It's a game, and a ******** one where the main character is an anthropomorphic fox named "Fox". Fox in space, oh joy.

Nevertheless, it's got good gameplay.

majoras16

Smash Apprentice
No one else can see James McCloud, but you can play as him and kill things. A hallucination can'[t kill things.
fox may be allucinating, he is james and you see james but the people being pawnd see fox,
and if fox says his father was killed in battle, he may be wrong, thats a classic where the dad is really alive.................AND IS THE ENEMY....

.......and maybe its only alive and living with a hot female fox and has another family and dont want fox to know about it, because then he is gonna cry and said, "dont u love mom anymore" "i hate u", then everybody will realize that crystal is fox sister:psycho:

Top Bottom