• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 25, 2014] Norcal Arcadian (San Jose, CA)

fribjits

Smash Apprentice
A tournament without ranked players! It started in Socal and it has come to Norcal!

This is a regular Melee tournament with one exception, if you've EVER been ranked, you are not allowed to enter Singles o Doubles. Anyone can come and spectate however.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rCRQLQ_jpE

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/242865579206369/

Livstream: http://www.twitch.tv/norcalsmash

(Info)

Time
Registraation/Setup: 11:00
Doubles start at 12:00, singles to follow.

Pricing
-$3 Venue Fee (Waived if you bring a setup) (Since there is probably going to be a high volume of people, you'll have to pay venue even if you are spectating/playing friendlies.)
-$5 Singles (Un-ranked players only. If you were EVER ranked you are ineligible.)
-$10 Doubles ($5 per person) (Un-ranked players only. If you were EVER ranked you are ineligible.)

Stream Policy: There will be a stream/recording setup but I'm going to ask that no ranked players use that setup for friendlies.

Pot split DEEP
Singles
-1st:45%
-2nd:25%
-3rd:15%
-4th:10%
-5th:5%

Doubles
-1st:45%
-2nd:25%
-3rd:15%
-4th:10%
-5th:5%

Game Settings
-4 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-No Items
-Pause Disabled
-2/3 Games for quarterfinals and lower
-3/5 Games for semifinals and above

Singles Starter stages
-Yoshi’s Story
-Fountain of Dreams
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Dream Land

Singles Counter Pick Stages
-Pokemon Stadium

Doubles Starter Stages
Yoshi’s Story
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dream Land
Pokemon Stadium

Doubles Counter Pick Stages
DK64

Additional Rules
-Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
-First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
-Winning player(s) is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser(s) selects character.
-Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
-Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans and you may not go back to the stage you LAST won on.

chaosphoenixhex

Smash Rookie
So it's 10:40pm Friday night before the tournie, says RSVP's closed.. Does that mean there's zero chance of getting in? What's the procedure for trying to get in when it's closed, I'll sell my left foot for a means to entry.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
thanks for coming everyone. if you saw this tourney on the boards and aren't a member of the Norcal Melee facebook group, request an invite-- you can find the link in my signature. working on a results thread now, so keep your eyes peeled in the results subforum

Top Bottom