• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 4, 2015] NEG PRESENTS: DAWN OF A NEW ERA @ STUFF N' SUCH... (Raleigh, North Carolina)

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua

Hello to all we here at NEG are very pleased to announce our first MAJOR SMASH 4 TOURNAMENT!!!! This event is going to be big as it is the first time we have run Smash 4 on the Wii U. We are very fortunate to be working with a great business that has supported us and helped our small tournament circuit grow each week and it has all been leading up to this moment. Stuff n Such will be providing A WII U CONSOLE TO THE FIRST PLACE WINNER OF SINGLES!!! In addition to a raffle that you will AUTOMATICALLY be entered into upon entering for prizes such as a 3DS, GCN controllers, Amiibos and more!

There will be a ten dollar door fee (five if you bring a FULL set-up i.e. TV+Console+Game+GCN Adaptor), however SnS will also be providing pizza for all entrants! Singles and doubles will be five dollars per person.

If you plan on going, please visit our FB Event Page

Also please Like out FB Page 'SnS Weekly'

The tentative schedule is as follows:
11am venue opens
11:30 reg opens
12:30pm Doubles bracket begins
3:00 Singles Bracket begins
8:00 venue closes

Click for rules, we're using Apex 2015 Standard
Mark this on your calender, click "going" to let us know youre attending and sit back and wait for the biggest and best SMASH 4 tournament NC has to offer!

Regards and Good Luck,

The Not Even Good Team
-Finding Nemo aka Nemo Hoes aka NEG MrBenReady + Lucas Shinesworth III aka NEG Dark Hart

Last edited:

Roy!

Smash Rookie
Some observations:

0) This will be a fun event

1) Pidgey and I will be there with one full setup

2) Is there internet access at SnS? Awesome Games Done Quick is starting the same day of this event... it might be fun to have their twitch stream playing in the background!

3) Any word on the stock count for matches? I’m partial to 3-stock, as the friendlies I’ve played with 3 seem to be about the same length as typical 4-stock Melee matches I’ve encountered. The handful of 2-stock matches I’ve played rarely got to 3 minutes in length... definitely felt like they went by too quickly.

Anyway, thanks for getting this event set up... looking forward to it! :)

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Hello!

I plan on coming to this!

I have not smashed in a long time (or ever since moving to NC), hope this is a fun event!

Also I'm bringing a friend so +2 for your event!

Please do 3 stock!
- 4 takes too long
- 2 ends too quickly
- 90% of smash tournies seem to be doing 3 stock.

Last edited:

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Any word on the stock count for matches? I’m partial to 3-stock, as the friendlies I’ve played with 3 seem to be about the same length as typical 4-stock Melee matches I’ve encountered. The handful of 2-stock matches I’ve played rarely got to 3 minutes in length... definitely felt like they went by too quickly.
Please do 3 stock!
- 4 takes too long
- 2 ends too quickly
- 90% of smash tournies seem to be doing 3 stock.
So we've decided to go with 2 stocks for singles, and 3 stocks for teams

Top Bottom