• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
I've been telling all my Smashboards friends this (and what better friends do I have than all you Ganon mains), but I'm going to be taking a break from Smashboards for a while (Until the end of August-ish). I've been spending far too much time on the boards and feel the need to set it aside for a while as I focus on other more important things (Yes, there are more important things than talking about how we can punch and stomp our opponent's faces in). I'll probably play every once a while with friends and will keep up with smash news via Facebook, but you probably won't see my brutal yet beautiful face on here for a while (Unless I find that I cannot go that long without discussing the destruction of my foes with fellow Ganon mains). If you really need to contact me, ask one of my friends (DarkStarStorm, SuperNova!, lonekonwolf, LinkmasterX9, XStarWarriorX, etc.) for my email via personal message. I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

*Que inspirational leader voice*

So this is what I ask of you: That you would continue to stomp, slam, and punch our opponents faces into the dust without mercy and without remorse. And that you would continue to find (and document) new ways to do such things. Feed off the tears of your broken and crying foes. Show them no mercy, for you shall receive none in return. Keep on slamming, keep on jamming, and Wiz Kick on!!!!

Bazkip

Smash Master
@ Spralwers Spralwers is playing doubles on Stream right now with POOB against Pink Fresh and Junebug

http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki

June go ganon plz
moar ganon best ganon

Oh man June is going Ganon, called it! CAN BILLZ OUT-GANON THE JUNE?

Edit: rip billz + poob u tried

Last edited:

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Yea, they were just too many tiers above us in skill. I did get to play Pink Fresh in round 2 of pools, think I managed to take two stocks off him both games.

After this tournament though, I can't main Ganondorf in singles anymore. Getting camped out without a way to approach is really getting frustrating. Happens at every big tournament. While the wavelands have been a decent solution, it makes my game too stage dependent. And I don't like having wavelands as the go to option for approaching. Maybe I'll revisit him when I'm much better at the game. He will still be my main for doubles though.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Which is why I love Dorf so much in doubles. If my opponents don't approach, one of them always gets caught in a 2v1 situation, which is too scary when the two includes a Dorf. And then someone has to approach Dorf and then Dorf lays the smackdown. Got a very satisfying 2-0 win in doubles bracket with Poob against DJ Nintendo and NinjaLink, definitely the highlight of my (and his) doubles career so far. DJ's controller wasn't working properly which led to some SDs, but it doesn't change that we were still handling them fairly easily.

Oh yeah, before the match, I told June to go Dorf, and he said he'd do it game 2. Was so happy.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i like smaller, mobile characters who can harass and force the opponent to do things for me to punish. smaller tends to help with not getting hit on accident by ganon's huge hitboxes.

alternately, ganon/falcon is a lot of fun because you're playing two tech punish characters, so any 2v1 situation turns into hell for that opponent.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I feel like Ganon benefits from having a more mobile character to team with in doubles. I've had success at local levels teaming with a Zelda, but when we had to play against Infinity and DMG (MK and Marth), we really struggled with being able to combo our opponents. As soon as one of us would get something started on one of them, the other would be able to haul ass across the stage and interrupt our combo. However, whenever they got something started on one of us, our slow asses couldn't make it in time before most of the damage was already dealt. I feel like at higher levels of play, Ganon is still a solid doubles character, but he should be paired with another more mobile character to make an optimal team.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I don't always play doubles in Project M, but when I do I like to team with another Ganon. Because the only thing scarier than to be stomped by Ganon is to be stomped by 2 Ganons.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
As I read that I just imagined Ganon and Falcon both dairing covering either tech direction. Hngggghh
basically, yes >: D you just say "i cover tech in place and behind me, you cover tech in front and back up for tech in place." and just go from there.

ganon falcon is kinda hindered by their recoveries and sever aversion to shield pressure, but if the falcon's on the ball with his movement, you can make A LOT of good stuff happen.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
That sounds exciting, I'll look for some Falcons around me. :b:

I know the Ness mains and some other characters have Skype groups, would anybody here join one if we made a PM Ganon group?

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Sent a request to someone who I hope is you. They had Falcon as their pic, so it's probably you? lol

I'm electrictuba on skype if anybody else wants to add me. Just tell me you're from here so I know to accept it :p

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Someone who doesn't die easily is good to have as a partner
Team hits do inevitably happen and man do they hurt with the Dorf

I kill my teammates a lot
Sometimes I forget they're on my team

Ganon just wants to kill everyone, not my fault >_>

Bazkip

Smash Master
So Bidoof went all Ganon at our local weekly today. He got 9th rather than 2nd (he usually gets first, though Holy actually showed up this week).
Afterwards he asked me how I do it. I told him "Because I believe in the Dorf" but man it's kinda depressing. At least it somewhat validates my generally meh performance.

On the plus side, there's now a bunch of videos of Doof's Ganon in actual matches rather than in random salty highlight clips. I'll post those later.

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
Dorf has the coolest animations in all of P:M. Up tilt, side b are both too delicious.

Hoping for more ganoncides in tournament from you guys in the future. Those are always sexy.

With love. <3

Bazkip

Smash Master
Oh yeah I totally forgot about the best thing that happened yesterday, I broke someone's shield and then reverse Warlock Punched them in a tourney set. Soooooo good lol.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Oh yeah I totally forgot about the best thing that happened yesterday, I broke someone's shield and then reverse Warlock Pinched them in a tourney set. Soooooo good lol.
Is that how the match ended? That would be gold.

Sometimes I reverse the Warlock Paunch over and over (usually trolling in friendlies) while someone is recovering...it has been landing successfully too many times though :facepalm:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
having a birthday smashfest this weekend and making everyone who shows up ganon ditto me.

hopefully someone has a recording setup so i can get vids of all this madness.

Bazkip

Smash Master
I see. What MUs did you face?
The guy I Warlock Punched was a Falcon player (he also has a Lucas but after I wrecked his Lucas a couple weeks back he doesn't play him against me anymore :p)
Then I played a Link who was pretty free, and lost to a Squirtle after that.

Freakin Squirtle man, stupid short little piece of ****.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
The guy I Warlock Punched was a Falcon player (he also has a Lucas but after I wrecked his Lucas a couple weeks back he doesn't play him against me anymore :p)
Then I played a Link who was pretty free, and lost to a Squirtle after that.

Freakin Squirtle man, stupid short little piece of ****.
Smash Bros. made me hate Squirtle. I can't stand dealing with that spastic little ****, especially with Ganondorf.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Ha, Squirtle's not that bad, you just have to be smart and know when to Wiz Kick/Flame Choke.

He's light. Just hit him, guys.

Edit: If anyone's the anti-christ, it's Diddy or Falco.

Edit 2: **** Diddy Kong.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ha, Squirtle's not that bad, you just have to be smart and know when to Wiz Kick/Flame Choke.

He's light. Just hit him, guys.

Edit: If anyone's the anti-christ, it's Diddy or Falco.

Edit 2: **** Diddy Kong.
Personally, I don't lose to Squirtle (or at least the Squirtles I've played), but I still find him to be quite annoying :p

As for Diddy Kong...yeah, whole different story.

Top Bottom