• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

January 17, 2009 - Ranbat Finals (1. Cobalt, 2. Amaterasu, 3. Shaya)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
thas ok mini, i'm going to man up and lug a TV on tram. Numbers mic will help me out :grin:

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
BACK ROOM SUCKS NUTS! Just a few good players watered down by morons who can't / don't even play yet they are allowed to make tier list...I wouldn't care if a voice of TRUE justice like mine was there but it's not coz some ****** removed my broom privileges back in the day to make their buy in buddies feel more special ;)
Where's a Canadan I feel like fusing to reveal more hidden powah!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't look at me, I didn't vote. With the exception of Meta, Snake and a couple of others I feel the Tier list for Brawl is rather circular.

and sorry Cao, I can't bring a TV on the plane.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Important Note:
Contributors of significant equipment should arrive at 10:30am if possible. Please contact me or Loki if there are special circumstances that we need to be aware of.
Here's a rough map:

Red dots are where we recommend long term parking for the day, and poorly circled building is where the event is.
There is a loading zone just south of the building.
The DAC guys have kindly offered to help with signage and bits of chalk, so you don't get hopelessly lost. I've been promised that it's less confusing to navigate than Latrobe or Melbourne Uni!
DAC booked for us the 'B' building, which they commonly use for their own activities. We have access to a few large sized classrooms and one lecture theatre.

For a better map of the campus, check this out:
http://www.deakin.edu.au/campuses/InteractiveMapBurwood.php

Games
Smash Bros Melee(?)/Brawl - Ranbat finals for 2008 season
Guilty Gear XX AC
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

Also we'll be giving these following games a shot:
Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
Fate Unlimited Codes

As usual, we'll have Rock Band 2 also (featuring a crapload of new DLC... argh my wallet).

Tournament Schedule (Smash times on the FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD)
12:00 - 2:00pm - Fate Unlimited Codes (Singles) - PS2
2:30 - 4:30pm - Street Fighter III: Third Strike (Singles) - PS2
5:00 - 7:00pm - Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (Singles) - PS2
8:00 - 10:00pm - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (Singles) - ?

Please shoot as many questions regarding organisation and venue as you can, as we'll get it all covered. I will tidy this announcement up over the weekend.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
dam i might not be able to bring my tv... and on a side note i went to deakin anime club last night the theatre rooms were a bit crampy, AND thank god we are not in them!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
More TV's needed! THe Smash Community has a spare $85 or so to spend, so I'll authorise a TV purshase for us.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I have a few things to say...

I might be able to bring a TV if I can persuade my mum to drive me instead of make me take public transport.
If I can bring a TV I will only be there for brawl singles unless someone wants to be my partner I came 13th out of 54 in the last tournament so I don't think I'm that bad. (I'll accept anyone as long as they know how to play) And I'll even print out a little card with their name on it so that I can meet them =)

Can I take the 75 tram to Deakin University from Toorak Road?

And is MK banned? I'm guessing that he isn't but I would just like to know if he is because he was last time.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah you can take the 75 Tram from Toorak Road.

Metaknight is not banned. :)

But I will apply the Sydney Don't Come teams rule:
No combination is allowed:
- MK/MK
- MK/SN
-SN/SN

SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS FINALS TOURNAMENT EVERYONE! MAKE IT ONE TO REMEMBER!!!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i hear they have like a perfect record at full strength

i wouldn't mess with those badasses

Dekar289

Smash Hero
the world #1 pit/yoshi/puff and the world #1 g and w / dk / marth
vs
TWO nsw-level pits rofl

i respect your achievements anywho <3

Dekar289

Smash Hero
do whatever you want
team buttsecks parade will enjoy watching the lesser humans fight for 2nd place

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Due to my brilliant negotiating skills, I guaranteed a once in a lifetime team between Cobalt and Chris due to mindgame SUGGESTION.

It was pure mindgames, as only one can go Metaknight/Snake each, we've actually forced them to SUCK (or something)

SERIOUSLY GUYS, I'M SORRY, IT WAS AN ACCIDENT, I DIDNT MEAN TO GET THEM TEAMED TOGETHER ;_;

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
So Cobalt will just go Marth or Falco and perform just as well, or Chris will just go Pikachu or IC's and **** either way lol. What you have done is DESTROYED US ALL.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
*****es don't know about the CAOShayaMarthPeachCombo.

It does about 120% in 2.5 seconds. And if that newby partner isn't in the way, practically a finish from either my dsmash or cao's usmash <3.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Wow I haven't posted in this room for such a long time. I"ll be coming to this! And the Crown celebrations held thereafter. I'll also be driving, so there's a decent chance I can bring a small TV. I'll probably only be there for the Melee part of things though, so would it be worth me bringing it?

Top Bottom