• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

japan

Dogg/Naoki/Suzaku

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I really want to go to a Japanese clan/forum. I'm going o try and find out if there are any popular ones. I'll get back to you guys if my friend tells me anything =]

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
hey guys, im currently in aus but should be moving to chiba for uni in october... wanted to know if anyone knows anything about brawl in japan... everyone here seems to be only talking about melee

my written japanese isnt half bad so i dont mind navigating around sites...

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I'm not sure where you're getting the Japanese cell phone email address thing Vayseth. I just gave them my regular email address and I got a confirmation email, validation, and everything . . . . But alas, I can't read anything so I have no idea what I'm supposed to be filling in on the forms to sign up :(

---

So I figured out what a lot of the things were through intuition and because Japanese is similar to Chinese and my sister could read it. I signed up just fine using my university email address. I'm sure you guys can do the same.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'll try it again... when I did it, it asked for a cell phone e-mail addy...

Also, no one here has been talking about melee XD Almost everyone posting here plays both lol.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I'm on it right now and it's asking me for the same thing: a cellphone email address...

This is the page asking you for a cellphone email:

I tried putting in my regular email and it won't take it.

I don't know how anyone got in without one.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I might get back into Smash... if Puyo Puyo wasn't on my mind, and Puyo Puyo 7 is coming soon, (who am I kidding, there's very little activity in this thread to say stuff in here). D; ♥

Suspect

Smash Hero
Ill be moving to Guam soon and ill more than likely be traveling to japan for brawl.

kirby main here from the states

DaZe

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be in Tokyo for the next three days. I'm with a ship that's in town for a bit, we're docked near Harumi kyakusen terminal. (I think that's what the place is called anyway.) Is there anyone in the area that wants to smash for a bit? I'm good to go for pretty much anything provided you give me directions and a spare controller. I didn't really think I'd need mine on this trip. Though I might be in disneyland on monday as a bunch of the other guys from the ship are going and I figure I might as well give it a shot.

Warning: I speak extremely little Japanese. Limited pretty much to hello/goodbye, thank you.

Melee is preferred, but will play brawl if that's what you're into.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'll be in the kansai area for 1-5 years starting Aug 1st, 2009. If anyone is interested in building a smash community up, I'd be down.

I'll be specifically in Maibara City in Shiga prefecture but I expect to go back and forth to Osaka every weekend I can. Hit me up!

clowsui

Smash Legend
@vayseth if you ask kel i think he could possibly get you in contact w/ hiko, 9b and other kansai smashers
though i'm sure you're already on it XD

TheBison

Smash Rookie
I'm in Tokyo for the next few weeks. If anyone's interested in playing some Brawl, I'm down.

rustediron

Smash Lord
SmaCom seems to have stopped their annoying cell phone mail registration stuff; I managed to register just fine :D
Ima going to be in Japan for the next few weeks, and I've succeeded in looking up some Japanese melee players on SmaCom. Might be able to play TANI (Best Marth in Japan) >.<

yoshii

Smash Ace
I am in Shinjuku until the 12th. If anyone is hosting anything or wants to play, please let me know. I like melee or brawl! I am in shinjuku washington hotel, and I am originally from Minnesota.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I'll come back to Japan around Monday, I'll try to attend in tourney's if I have the time. Though I won't be on SWF in about two month's. D: ♥

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
Omg, this topic is exactly what I have been searching for~~

Ok to start out, I'm a hardcore Melee player from the Netherlands.
(Not that much interested in Brawl, Sorry.)

I will be staying in Japan for about a year, starting from august 12:

I will be in Tokyo for 2 weeks, starting from August 12.
I will be in Kansai Gaidai area, (Kyoto,Nara,Osaka) for at least 4 months starting from september.
I'll study @ Kansai Gaidai University and stay @ a dormitory in hirakata.

Starting from January 2010 I will have to do an internship for another 4 months.
Don't exactly know where just yet.

Also, I am know the guy that build the Japanese smash community website.
http://smacom.so-netsns.jp/
(he has the servercomputer in his room lol)

He knows ALL Japanese smashers in Japan and he speaks very decent English.
He used to live in California for 2 or 3 years if I'm correct.
Try getting in touch with that dude, his name is 'ushi / うし’。
He also uses MSN, but isn't online that often.

Oh btw, my friend Amsah/Nihonjin has a few MSN addresses of Japanese players like Captain Jack and some others.
I'll try to get in contact with Masashi, aniki, TANI etc..

If you are interested and willing to play/help build an international smash community in Japan;
Plz add my MSN: uchihajp@gmail.com
or send me an email.

You could also PM me @ smashboards for those who use AIM.

Hope to meet you soon in Japan. =)

HulkSmashes

Smash Rookie
YO, this is exactly what I'm looking for too... I'm in Hiroshima, Japan. I know that is probably far from all the action, but will be somewhere else soon depending on the job I get. Who's up for smash? I'd like to help start a smash community as well if possible. @Uchiha, added you on MSN =)

Anyone still alive here?

operation

Smash Cadet
My friend and I are going to be in Osaka from the 18th to the 23rd. if anyone is interested in meeting up for some melee, PM.

thanks

hiROI

Smash Lord
スマブラ専門コミュニティーサイト スマコム~SMA.sh COM.munity~に参加するには、携帯登録が必要です。
ここで入力した携帯メールアドレス宛てに携帯登録用のURLを送信します。

※ここで入力したメールアドレスは他のメンバーには公開されません
※ドメイン指定受信を設定されている方は、「smacom9241@msgs.so-netsns.jp」からのメールを受信できるように指定してください

This message pops up when i try to register. Does this mean to insert my email? and i am, but it says to insert an email -.-'

strawhats

Smash Master
How is the Japanese community doing right now? Are Captain Jack, Tani, Aniki, Mikael, Disk, Masashi, and Bombsoldier still active. Unfortunately, I know the greatest yoshi player alive does not play smash anymore. Come back to us Fumi. Are there any new players in Japan.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
スマブラ専門コミュニティーサイト スマコム~SMA.sh COM.munity~に参加するには、携帯登録が必要です。
ここで入力した携帯メールアドレス宛てに携帯登録用のURLを送信します。

※ここで入力したメールアドレスは他のメンバーには公開されません
※ドメイン指定受信を設定されている方は、「smacom9241@msgs.so-netsns.jp」からのメールを受信できるように指定してください

This message pops up when i try to register. Does this mean to insert my email? and i am, but it says to insert an email -.-'
That message asks you to put in your cellphone email. Only Japanese cellphones have their own email.

Greenmonstah88

Smash Rookie
Whats good man? My name's Greenberg, Im from Boston. Im gonna be in Kyoto for a semester starting in September...Are you anywhere near there? Im definitely trying to meet some smashers.

rustediron

Smash Lord
How is the Japanese community doing right now? Are Captain Jack, Tani, Aniki, Mikael, Disk, Masashi, and Bombsoldier still active. Unfortunately, I know the greatest yoshi player alive does not play smash anymore. Come back to us Fumi. Are there any new players in Japan.
'fraid most of those have retired/moved to Brawl :S
TANI is the best atm, and Thunders still plays.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I wish college didn't destroy me right now. I haven't played Smash Brothers in a week now because I never got the time. ;_; ♥

Baky

Smash Journeyman
I'm in Okinawa. On Camp Foster which is in Ginowan...near Naha city. Got any players nearby?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
who is the best wolf in japan? also who is best in brawl atm in japan? give me the answer in japanese and english so i can watch vids plz

Top Bottom