• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese brawl on modded wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafix

Smash Apprentice
I was just wondering if anyone else has a moded wii and is planning on brawling with the japanese version when its released. It's like a special early release for those with a modchip.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I'll proably dl the iso too. I live in europe so...
Thought on the other hand, it doesn't matter that much

"Hi, I'm Mr. Poohead."

Hi, Mr. Poohead!

"Why hello there, Flaming Dragon Wang! What can I do for you?"

I was just wondering what you think about modding wiis to play japanese games.

"IM not gonna do that...
yet, when i get the money"
:laugh:

okiyama

Smash Ace
Mayeb if I spoke and read japanese but seriously I don't wanna take like a half hour to figure out the menus, unless they let you switch to English in the options which would be nice. Whatever, point is I don't have a modded one and also for Galaxy they put in modchip blockers that made it so you couldn't play, the mod chip makers updated hardware to make it work but ti did take a few weeks.

Good luck with that though.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Mayeb if I spoke and read japanese but seriously I don't wanna take like a half hour to figure out the menus, unless they let you switch to English in the options which would be nice. Whatever, point is I don't have a modded one and also for Galaxy they put in modchip blockers that made it so you couldn't play, the mod chip makers updated hardware to make it work but ti did take a few weeks.

Good luck with that though.
Actually, it took 6 hours.

Don't make up stuff.

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't feel like possibly screwing up my Wii... and I can't read a lick of Japanese. I'm waiting for the US release.

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
I'm waiting for the US release simply based on the fact that there may be minor differences in the gameplay, such as there are between NTSC and PAL versions of Melee or even between different versions (1.x) of the same region-coded game.

For those of you saying you don't read Japanese, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to change the language, a la Melee. If you toy around in the menu for a little bit, I'm sure intelligent young people like yourselves could figure it out.

twdfx

Smash Cadet
I'll be playing at my friends', who will indeed be playing the japanese version first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom