• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

japanese marth dittos inside

mosesrko24

Smash Apprentice
1:13: WOW! Marth has some pretty broken pivot grab range. Maybe we should play around with it.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Yes he does, you should play around with it. I know I have and I love it. Japanese players are always interesting to watch, they did well considering it was wi-fi and all.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
They were alright. They're playing like it's Melee though, so idk how they'd do in non-ditto matches.

What I'm more curious about is how they got that music with all the background noise still O,o

Nic64

Smash Lord
didn't think the black marth was too bad, the blue one jumped straight at the **** hammer at every opportunity

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
they weren't good.

hardly played safe at all and missed many opportunities to punish
I noticed that, no ledge grabs either lol. There were like so many times when one could hug the ledge to ghey the other really obviously and they didn't.

Also, to explain the wifi thing, Japan's wifi is infinitely better than ours. Like, their connection is like...100+x better last I checked, and that's not even a exaggeration.

∫unk

Smash Master
They aren't good lol. They know how to be flashy.

They'd get ***** by me walking around and being lame. I wouldn't even have to move fast myself.

Coda

Smash Cadet
1:13 and 2:36 and 5:02

is that trully a pivot grab?

also since, DB -> Fair has been opted out of Marth's metagame.

How is that compared to the DB -> Uair?

and how do they get Final Fantasy music in theirs?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
They aren't good lol. They know how to be flashy.

They'd get ***** by me walking around and being lame. I wouldn't even have to move fast myself.
Walking > Flashy. I really thought they weren't that good either, always going for Meteor and Fully-Charged Fsmash.

No DS OoS??? madness.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Also, to explain the wifi thing, Japan's wifi is infinitely better than ours. Like, their connection is like...100+x better last I checked, and that's not even a exaggeration.
If their wifi connection is that much better than America, then nvm, I take back my comment. They needz more gheyz

romarthx2

Smash Rookie
Those japanese guys are really good. Though the blue one jumped into **** a few times withought thinking it through though. I have not seen anybody walking either. I have to hand it to them they were real flashy.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
If their wifi connection is that much better than America, then nvm, I take back my comment. They needz more gheyz
The reason is that in Japan, if your game or an aspect of it is ****, it will be canceled. In the U.S., or other places, we put up with that bull.

Nic64

Smash Lord
The reason is that in Japan, if your game or an aspect of it is ****, it will be canceled. In the U.S., or other places, we put up with that bull.
in friendlies anyway, no one is going to forfeit because their opponent plays gay...but I thought it was pretty obvious these must be friendlies anyway? at least I'd be pretty surprised to see them playing marth like that if the games meant anything

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
They aren't good. I'm not a awesome marth player but i know i'd still 3 stock both them. They were playing like it was melee. Didn't punish. DIDNT SPACE WELL. Didnt use dtilt or DS OoS. Conclusion: They suck.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Yeah, they play like it's Melee, a lot of people could get right in there and show them how it's done. There was no defense really, all it was is a bunch of F-Airs, B-Airs, F-Smashes, and rarely any Dancing Blade, I was shocked at how little they used Dolphin Slash. I didn't find them that impressive.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I want to know if those guys are considered good players in Japan, just to see where their meta-game is. I wish we had some Japanese guys here.
Yeah, even though they seem behind, they found some pretty good uses for other things. We need exchange!

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
Ok guys, i'll solve the music problem; THIS IS A YOUTUBE VIDEO. Whoever recorded it probably just played a music track over the video one.

Also I'll tell you something about the Japanese meta-game, and the reason everyone has been saying that these two aren't "defensive enough" etc.

There is an honor ban on camping in Japan. It's frowned upon in their competitive scene. It's not technically banned, but if they do it...it's kind of like doing something WE consider cheap, i.e. sheik throwing a needle at the start of a match and then edge stalling for 8 minutes in melee... it may also be banned in tournaments.
So that's why both marths were more aggressive than you would see here in the us.

I thought the black one had some nice stuff. The blue one was generally bad.

∫unk

Smash Master
Most of these ppl couldn't 3 stock or beat them as they say.

American Marths are generally aggressive. They just know how to space and not be gimmicky.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Yeah, I agree that they played it too much like it was melee, but you really do have to give them some credit. They were trying to be flashy, but they had some nice tricks in there that I know I couldn't have done. The pivot grabbing was nice, and there were a few nice Uair tricks that I've never seen. Overall they were kind of bad, but they had some spice. There was no ledge guarding and the dash attacks made me want to kick babies. I'm curious as to how the black marth switched directions when he was doing his Dtilts though?

Freezewish

Smash Ace
Not the most effective playstyles but still fun to watch. That first spike made me laugh

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Not the most effective playstyles but still fun to watch. That first spike made me laugh
If by laugh you mean laughing at the other guy's misfortune for having, evidently, no idea how to shieldgrab, airdodge, meteor cancel, or all around have good DI, then I concur.

Also yes, America does fail. And that's just the average Japanese connection, their highest is like 120 I think

Top Bottom