• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese MK videos *now with Bombsoldier videos*

Veng

Smash Ace
Yea I didn't see BS use nado once.

While I agree with Dojo on how it CAN be punished, its still a great attack, which can some times be helpfull in KOs at the top of the screen at low %'s, recovering with 100% chance of not getting gimped ( like if a falco is coming at you for a meteor smash just tornado recover ) but still... can be punished but useful i guess is what im trying to say. heh Dojo knows more then i do so ill just leave it at what he said....

personally i think BS's mk deserves more credit then m2k is giving him but i agree... i saw some points in which he over used a technique like glide attack recovering looked easily punishable.. and just certain other things that looked like only an idiot would do

Edit: I dont find the japanese very credible either... after watching yone who is supposedly really good pika they arent that great, stealths pika would own yone, and the peach couldnt DI out of pikachus downsmash or avoid a very bad placed thunder all the time... also on their tier list Fox is ridiculously high and peach is way too low..

isnt BS american? like didnt he play melee in the US?

KO M

Smash Apprentice
No offense ,but Japanese MKs have better movement.

Aiko

Smash Champion
c'mon guys, dont turn this into 1 liners :/

Anyway, US MK's are miles better. There are a lot of things BS's MK doesn't do :/

KO M

Smash Apprentice
Yeah ill admit Bomb Solider is bad... But RAIN is actually good.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Which may be a part of the reason why Bombsoldier looked so terrible. Rain looks quite a bit better and those are very recent.

Rain seems pretty good, but they're both oblivious to alot of things and make some terrible decisions. xD I won't even go into it. Jason will kill me. O.o

I believe our top MK's would take those out pretty solidly. Just my thoughts though.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
ok, so Dojo, Red Halberd, the mods, and M2K keep saying there are multiple things that BS is doing wrong - can someone start listing them? I'm not good enough to see these things on my own, and would appreciate a more experienced set of eyes.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
the only nice thing was bombsoliders techs. the rest he was so bad like i letrally could tell what he was gonna do sitting here and where u should of been punished by that marth. if they took the time to slow down and think they woudlnt get comboed like they do. oh well it makes the game 10x funner to play/watch

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! Do you guys remember that I told earlier that I could get some french mk vids?
Well, I've got some replays on my SD card, but I can't upload them (I don't have anything to record the games :s).
So, if anyone has the possibility and the time to record them for me if I send him those replays(through msn, I think that it would be the simplest way), please tell me asap^^.

edit: I use the us version of brawl, so don't bother to try to upload them if you have any other version.

RPK

Smash Lord
Japan's Meta Knights are bad compared the US Meta Knights. Though I can easily say this.
Their Snakes **** the s*** out of our Snakes...

Kel

Smash Master
Hey guys just thought I'd drop in here to tell you that I'm from Ohio but I'll be living in Nagoya, Japan from March through December 2009. I've got a separate youtube from my normal one just for videos I take in Japan. I'll be uploading from any smash tournaments I can find while I'm there.

I'm part of a Japanese community site for Smash but can't seem to find out where tournaments are held. So far, the site just looks like a Japanese facebook or something. If anyone has any contact information from the Japanese players, I'd love to have it so I can go to tournaments and give an insider's analysis of Japan's smash scene.

my regular youtube, which has a bunch of smash tournaments including players like Overswarm, alphazealot, quivo, etc. is youtube.com/papayasown

My new youtube that I'll be using while I'm in Japan is youtube.com/kelinjapan . I don't have anything uploaded yet because I don't leave for another 10 days. If anyone has any information on active Japanese smash players though, it would definitely help me out in breaking into the scene quicker.

Thanks guys.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Just saying...but dont just jump on the bandwagon saying Japanese MKs are bad....if you don't understand why.

They're not as good as some of the top US MKs, but they'd probably beat any average MK in the US.

edit:
The BS vids are old anyway, but even referring to Rain/Uni etc...

Top Bottom