• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Resale Price

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
So I shelled out $396 today for a Japanese Wii and a Japanese copy of Brawl. Now it wasn't exactly cheap, so I decided that once the American release date hit, I would sell both the system and the game used in a bundle on Ebay. How much do you think I could get back for this? $200, $300?

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
You'd probably have to do a USD to Yen conversion, because I doubt that anybody would buy a Japanese Wii and SSBB after the US launch date.

studgangsta

Smash Cadet
you should try selling on february 10!! to a desperate person haha no but seriously i think you can push for 350, if not do three hundred. Beat it and then sell it!!

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I'd just like to say your nuts for doing that i would understand if you were going to keep it but get it just to play the game and then sell it i wouldn't be at it.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I plan on selling abotu a week in advance and making sure to inidcate in the title something like PLAY BRAWL NOW, local pickup available. I expect to lose about $100, maybe less.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
the impatience of people is unbelievable.
It's not impatience in my mind.

As I see it, there's a pretty good chance that this is Sakurai's last Smash game, not the last Smash game in all, but the last one that Sakurai will produce. Knowing Sakurai and myself, I respectively believe that first, there will be a significant amount of surprise (WTF) content, as well as dramatic intros by characters that I highly desire, and second, that I will not be able to resist spoilers for a month. I want this game, and the memories of it to be perfect and unspoiled. If that means spending an extra $100, so be it.

pirkid

Smash Lord
I really can't wait much longer either. In my case it's impatience, I'm tired of change my gamer timer every time there's a delay and seeing that 21 DAYS change to a 62 DAYS. >.<

DirectDK

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I don't think it'll be too hard for you to resell it for a decent price. Japanese Wii's have always been sold on ebay and I'm positive you can get AT LEAST $200. Keep it in mint condition, don't even unwrap the boxed nunchunk/wii-remote/cables. Use all the cables that you currently have with your US Wii. If bidders see that you've only used the Wii for 1 month I'm sure it will sell for a good price.

I actually did something similar. I too, bought a Japanese Wii last week, and a pre-ordered Brawl. I work at a Japanese Anime company in New York, and I just went around and asked my coworkers if any of them would be interested in buying my Japanese Wii. I told them I'd only be playing it for 40 days and will be only using it for Smash, and sure enough, one of my coworkers was interested. I gave him a $50 off the retail price, and it that's simple. My loss = his gain. In the end, I'm spending $50 to play Brawl 40 days ahead. Sounds like a good deal to me!

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
This is not an impatient move at all. I would do the same if I had the extra since we don't for sure if we'll get the game on March 9th.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
If the Japanese version of Brawl had a place where you could translate it into English like on SSBM, then I'd spend money on buying it and modding my Wii.

Nothingman

Smash Cadet
you did get ripped off way hard

i live in japan and i got my wii for 17800 yen, which is about $165 US dollars, no lie
brawl is going to be around 7800 yen, which is roughly 73 bucks.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
i would say just write "Wii+SSBB" as the title of what your selling then write down on the page that its a japanese version, and you know someone will make a bid before they realize that is a japenese version

Kiri

Smash Cadet
Where the crapcakes did you buy a Wii for 17800Yen in Fukuoka? Thats the price a normal DS/PSP goes for over here!

Tell me now and I'll go visit soon! :p

Oh, after being marked down, Brawl should be around 6500Yen

Nothingman

Smash Cadet
heres a little little game/manga shop about three minutes from me in Ijiri, Fukuoka, its called Fripp (フリップ) and they have several wii's for only 17800 yen, supposedly the one i got was used, but im not so sure, it came in the original box with all the twistties and everything and it was in perfect condition.
i do find it a little wierd that their DS' are about as expensive as their wii's, but then again, wii's are MAD popular in my area, everyone in my classes has them. they have ps3s for around 30000 yen too, its crazy (smallest HD size though)

brawl is actually 7100 yen at the store near me if you preorder, but i was stupid and didnt do that, and now they dont have any more preordr slips, so i have to pay an extra 700

Top Bottom