• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese SSBB pro videos! straight from Ikki san!

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm pretty sure they'll keep Meta Knight's rock version.
I'm a bit disappointed that the victory music is so short in Brawl though. I would've loved to hear them at Melee's length. But anyway, they're still amazing.

Dedede is a beast. I can't wait to try him out. And I'm so glad Kirby's looking to be really close to his 64 version. I can finally main Kirby again without being mocked. :)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Guys, this demo is in various game stores in Japan. You could only use the Wiimote on its side.

At least that's the information I've gathered.

Sir James

The Doctor
This may be a dumb question, but where and how were these matches played?

In other words, was this at a gaming event, or does I.T.P. have a private demo?
Starting today, Wii kiosks featuring Brawl were setup in retail stores in Japan. These matches were played at one of the stores that had the Brawl demo.

espio87

Smash Ace
did anyone else notice in the second video that waluigi is a beast? he just increased Ike's % from 0 to 63 and did an attack (couldn't see if it was his kick or the tennis racket) that did 20% more damage and KOd him!

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
did anyone else notice in the second video that waluigi is a beast? he just increased Ike's % from 0 to 63 and did an attack (couldn't see if it was his kick or the tennis racket) that did 20% more damage and KOd him!
I'm pretty sure it was the kick.

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
Just curious... Does anyone have any idea of when American kiosk demos will become available?

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
Wow...effin insane videos. ACTUAL footage too! (OMFG!) Just imagine those two with Gamecube controllers >_>

But uhh...they really <3 smashville don't they? Wish they picked other stages....

I.T.P

Smash Ace
ITP, if you have a classic controller, you could bring it and plug it in, they'll never know >:D

I mean, unless you dont want to...
I'm bringing it JIC, but I doubt I'll be able to use it, kei said they had contraptions to stop you from taking the controller that blocked the port.

I like smashville as well, best featureless stage in the demo...

Those were great videos! King Dedede seems like a really good character to use and waddle dee toss is awesome! I wanted to see Kirby suck up items though, if you do record more videos and play as kirby you should definately try to inhale the items!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Squirt looks tight and Char isn't nearly as slow as I thought he would be! Im just happy to see some PT in action. . . wonder when we will get more.

studgangsta

Smash Cadet
i noticed that dedede's chain grabbing is spammable beyond beleif, even at high percentages. It looks like we will be seing that a lot in tournaments!

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I'm jazzed that Dedede is actually awesome, when I heard at jumpfesta he had no invincibility frames I was worried, but now the Penguin King with a Xerxes complex is ready to rock and roll.

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
While we're on the topic of DeDeDe... I was thinking.

Couldn't he chain grab any one to death on Bridge of Eldin? :dizzy:

Counter pick stage anyone? =)

Zodiac

Smash Master
Wow Squirtle = top tier. he's faster than fox was in melee, and Kirby falls faster now, um

Zek

Smash Ace
You guys make way too many assumptions from watching videos. Pros or not, these are people who have played the game for no longer than an hour or two(and even then only if they went to the events). Dedede's down throw isn't infinitely chainable, Ike escaped it multiple times on the Bridge of Eldin video. I imagine it won't work at all when people actually know how to play.

Thino

Smash Master
man so much things to say:

much less startup lag than expected from both Ike and Dedede , some of their moves are actually fast
Dedede chaingrab is awesome
Great aether is too good
gordos racks like 35% dmg !! insane !!
great use of waddle dees as expected from a peach player
kirby is BUFFED!!!
Waluigi is furious !! charizards flame semispikezz his upb ownz

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
Zek, you're most likely right... I was just imagining, if DeDeDe's D-throw truly was chainable, how destructive it could be ^_^

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
You guys make way too many assumptions from watching videos. Pros or not, these are people who have played the game for no longer than an hour or two(and even then only if they went to the events). Dedede's down throw isn't infinitely chainable, Ike escaped it multiple times on the Bridge of Eldin video. I imagine it won't work at all when people actually know how to play.
This is what I said in the Ike thread. You could see Masashi already figuring out how to escape it (and doing so a few times) after only 5 fights with Dedede. So it won't be as godlike as people are making it out to be, but still a solid move for D3.

Oh yeah, did I mention how incredibly awesome it was to see Ike able to easily hold his own against Kirby who is much faster than him? With Ike looking solid as well as Dedede, maybe Sakurai actually DID manage to make heavies strong contenders in one-on-ones. :bee:

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
NOOO !!! i got here to late

kirby looks so much better. dedede chan grab is crazy the japanese are teasing us :urg:

Top Bottom