• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JaX: GiFT3 ~ RESULTS POSTED!!1 + OTHER STUFFZ

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
RESULTS!!1

MELEE DOUBLES

01: RockCrock + HTG
02: Gmoney + apollo
03: Moses + aznplaya92
04: Zan + Lvl.9 CPU
05: PoSeiDoN42 + David
05: Jones + Simple Math
07: Fast + Veel

Brawl DOUBLES

01: Gmoney + Jones
02: RockCrock + HTG
03: Fast + Veel
04: Moses + NeonNess
05: apollo + Nfdel
05: Zan + Simple Math
07: PoSeiDoN42 + David
07: aznplaya92 + Lvl.9 CPU* (dropped out)

MELEE SINGLES

01: RockCrock
02: apollo
03: HTG
04: Gmoney
05: Simple Math
05: aznplaya92
07: Moses
07: RTKO
09: Zan
09: Nfdel
09: NeonNess
09: Jones

Brawl SINGLES

01: Gmoney
02: RockCrock
03: Simple Math* (dropped out)
04: Moses* (dropped out)
05: HTG* (dropped out)
05: RTKO
07: NeonNess
07: Nfdel
09: aznplaya92* (dropped out)
09: apollo

...:027:

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
We're focusing a lot more on MELEE this time around (and in the future), so keep that in mind. This is still being hosted out of my dorm's lounge, which means there still won't be any money involved (a double-edged sword for all of us, I know).

By the way, I'm going to be running a tournament at a local church for charity (to aid the people of Darfur) at some point in February (most likely). There will not be cash prizes available (due to it being considered gambling), but we are looking into alternatives (expect gift cards to Target or something)... I'll keep information updated about it as it comes to me. ;)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I keep hoping that one of these days I just happen to be home in Jax during one of these.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
lol. You mean on Atlantic & St. Johns? :)

wtf at both Dunkin Donuts (Beach's and Atlantic's) being shut down when I was there for Thanksgiving. We don't have any out here and I was looking forward to some Pumpkin Spice Donuts.

I would have hit you guys up, but I had my girlfriend with me.

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter... Jax (like any normal city) has a random Denny's (or suitable substitute, which doesn't mean Waffle House) every 15 minutes of driving. :)

I wouldn't know about Dunkin' Donuts though (rarely eat there)... That's odd.

Most of us weren't in town for Thanksgiving anyways. ;)

19666falcon

Smash Apprentice
i'll be there, have to start practicing with my melee falco

I'll try to bring more people also, pm me your number, and i'll give you a call when I get there, but this time, please, answer your phone

JrdnS

Smash Ace
i'll know if i can go as it gets closer.

i need to practice. i really havent played since last fest which was like 3 1/2 weeks ago.

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
i havent been practicing since then too, but on thursday/friday we are playing only brawl at my school because im too good in melee apparently... i hope their wiis fall on the ground

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm totally down for this. If my schedule is fixed by this time, I'll definitely try to make it.

Show me your zonage of ownage, Geoff!

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to miss this, I have hardcore Melee withdrawl. I just really want to wavedash to uthrow to 523464257 utilts to dair very badly (I'm a flashy b|tch)

dc210

Smash Rookie
I'll be there, I got a copy of melee i can bring as well as brawl if it's needed.
-JONES

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Hey man, I think I'll be able to make it to this, and hopefully get harriet and Rock to come.

Hey Javier if you need a ride I'll probably be driving.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Hey man, I think I'll be able to make it to this, and hopefully get harriet and Rock to come.

Hey Javier if you need a ride I'll probably be driving.
Sweet! One of the two main obstacles between me and this tournie was a ride there, thanks. Now I just have to make sure I have nothing extremely important to do that weekend.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Tournament!? In mah home city of Jax!?

ARGH. I think I will have headed back to UF already that weekend. :urg: But I'ma try to find a way to make this one.

I didn't realize there were this many Smashers in Jacksonville. Too bad 90% of them play Melee and not Brawl...

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
We run these tourneys every few weeks for free (to encourage more players within Jax to show up). Jax is pretty small and bad when it comes to Smash. I think just about all of us play Brawl as well, but MELEE is way more fun.

You do know that there's a better (at least more prominent) scene at UF, right? Some are planning on coming up. Get in contact with them.

On another note...

Please, bring your spare change to help the people of Darfur!

If you do, Gmoney will give you a free hug.
:lick:

Lizard

Smash Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by xIblisx View Post
Ness only kill move is his Fsmash.

LOL

Too bad this is on the same day as PHB..... guess we'll see Gmoney some other time?

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Tournament!? In mah home city of Jax!?

ARGH. I think I will have headed back to UF already that weekend. :urg: But I'ma try to find a way to make this one.

I didn't realize there were this many Smashers in Jacksonville. Too bad 90% of them play Melee and not Brawl...

Brian if I have some room in my car I can give you a ride.

Lizard

Smash Ace
The reason we scheduled for the 10th was because we wanted to be on a separate day fro the Pensacola tourney, which is on the 17th.

I wish there were more weekends available.... it feels like no matter how scheduling goes.... there is always 2-3 tourney on that day.

North Florida should keep in so we can schedule the most convenient for all

Sorry bout the overlap G, hope we can see you soon.

new PHB thread should be up soon

Zone

Smash Champion
How long of a drive do you think this is from Panama City? Better question. Gmoney how long did it take you to get to talahassee? I just add that time to my time and that is how long it would take me lol I think 4 hour drive?

Also Jx31 HiiH and stuff were only like an hour away from talahassee. And they are looking for melee tourneys. There is like 5-7 of them I smash fested with them once. They are from albany Georgia real close to FL. And they are pretty decent players.

Pritch

Smash Lord
PC to jacksonville is about 5-5.5 hours depending on traffic (though I made it in 4.5 once, still not entirely sure how I did that without speeding excessively).

Also, I may be visiting jax at some point over the break. Is the gameroom open, and if not where are you people smashing? Don't know if when I visit will actually intersect this, but I'll most certainly be down to hang if/when I stop by.

Zone

Smash Champion
Tally is doing a tourney the same day as this, might as well go to it Zone.
Well I'm waiting on the head count. Last time it was only like 4 people in singles. I just want to attend a bigger melee fest.

PC to jacksonville is about 5-5.5 hours depending on traffic (though I made it in 4.5 once, still not entirely sure how I did that without speeding excessively).

Also, I may be visiting jax at some point over the break. Is the gameroom open, and if not where are you people smashing? Don't know if when I visit will actually intersect this, but I'll most certainly be down to hang if/when I stop by.
Thanks for the estimated drive time :D

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
If anyone cool makes it to this I'll /wrist for two years. I'd consider asking Zone for a ride but the day is no good for me

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Okay, I'm sorry, I just have no idea where to look up standard Gigs rules, you could really use a link there.

And speaking of the Gameroom, why don't they have their own tournies, I'm assuming someone must have suggested it to them. I'm sure they could get a good turnout, and I can't understand why the only place around here that hosts is a UNF dorm (no offense, of course, there's nothing wrong with that).

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
It's just standard tourney rules... If you really need a link just read here:

Brawl -- http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5612802&postcount=1
MELEE -- http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5612831&postcount=1

If more explanation is needed, I can go through it when needed during the tourney.

---

With the gameroom... :rolleyes:

It's an okay venue, but the problem is the staff (which most of them are very cool but some... just aren't) and the amount of crap we have to deal with to host a tourney there (which I'm not going to list off). There's just not enough plus factors to make me want to host a tourney out of the gameroom over another venue.

We just get far more freedom by hosting these out of my dorm's lounge (which is quite roomy -- don't get confused... this isn't in my room; it's a community lounge).

I'm going to try to get my tourneys sponsored by a RA or something so that I can advertise around campus or something in the spring or something.
I wonder if anyone caught that...
;)

---

By the way, who are you? Do you go to UNF? I'm surprised that I haven't met you (or maybe I have?).

...:027:

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yeah, I'm not on it very often. I'll be at the Tallahassee tourney this day though, sorry.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
It's just standard tourney rules... If you really need a link just read here:

Brawl -- http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5612802&postcount=1
MELEE -- http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5612831&postcount=1

If more explanation is needed, I can go through it when needed during the tourney.

---

With the gameroom... :rolleyes:

It's an okay venue, but the problem is the staff (which most of them are very cool but some... just aren't) and the amount of crap we have to deal with to host a tourney there (which I'm not going to list off). There's just not enough plus factors to make me want to host a tourney out of the gameroom over another venue.

We just get far more freedom by hosting these out of my dorm's lounge (which is quite roomy -- don't get confused... this isn't in my room; it's a community lounge).

I'm going to try to get my tourneys sponsored by a RA or something so that I can advertise around campus or something in the spring or something.
I wonder if anyone caught that...
;)

---

By the way, who are you? Do you go to UNF? I'm surprised that I haven't met you (or maybe I have?).

...:027:[/QUOTE;

I didn't know Gigs was just another name for SBR's recommended rules, sorry.

No I don't go to UNF; nor have I ever been to The Game Room, I only saw it advertised, and the lady on the phone said they tried hosting some tournament once, I don't remember what game, and it was a bust so they didn't do it again. I've also never even been to a tourney, just never had the time, same reason I'm not on these boards as often anymore. I unfortunately won't make it to yours, either, noon is a little too soon for me. If it was 1, maybe 12:30 even, and besides, that's lunchtime, and I can't stomp out my prozorzz level mindgames with low blood sugar. There's actually a place in St. Aug that's having a Brawl tourney soon, and I told them about this site, they might post up here soon. I'm hoping to get them to alternate Melee and Brawl (as I prefer the former). Here's the number of the store, it's called Wizards: (904)797-8278.

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know Gigs was just another name for SBR's recommended rules, sorry.

No I don't go to UNF; nor have I ever been to The Game Room, I only saw it advertised, and the lady on the phone said they tried hosting some tournament once, I don't remember what game, and it was a bust so they didn't do it again. I've also never even been to a tourney, just never had the time, same reason I'm not on these boards as often anymore. I unfortunately won't make it to yours, either, noon is a little too soon for me. If it was 1, maybe 12:30 even, and besides, that's lunchtime, and I can't stomp out my prozorzz level mindgames with low blood sugar. There's actually a place in St. Aug that's having a Brawl tourney soon, and I told them about this site, they might post up here soon. I'm hoping to get them to alternate Melee and Brawl (as I prefer the former). Here's the number of the store, it's called Wizards: (904)797-8278.
stop johning and come to this

also i may want to go to the st. aug tourny but i dont have a ride...

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
We're running Brawl after we finish MELEE... We probably won't be starting Brawl until around 3-4pm (no promises, so call me if you plan to show up late).

STOP JOHNING and COME TO THIS
Keep in mind that the rules are slightly different from SBR's (mainly the stupid stages and the fact that we don't do stage striking, or anything else that's gay like that)...

I'm interested in this other tourney as well. Give us the info when it's available, please!

If I go, you can ride with whoever I'm riding with, Ian. ;)

edit: I'm teaming with apollo for MELEE (assuming he shows). Sorry, Tom! :(

Top Bottom