• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JaX: GiFT3 ~ RESULTS POSTED!!1 + OTHER STUFFZ

Hypnotic Disciple

Smash Cadet
Wow, there is a tournament coming up? I wonder how many locals will actually show for this thing? G-Money wasn't cool enough for you, homeboy? It has to be Meta-Knight, huh? That's cool. Marth-Vader will be there. Don't get hypnotized.:laugh:

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Wow, there is a tournament coming up? I wonder how many locals will actually show for this thing? G-Money wasn't cool enough for you, homeboy? It has to be Meta-Knight, huh? That's cool. Marth-Vader will be there. Don't get hypnotized.:laugh:
I'm missing some info here, I don't know what Mk has to do with anything. Is he banned from this one?

G, I might come for Brawl then, even though I sorely miss Melee. As for the St. Aug Brawl, here's the info:

-Sat, Jan 17th, @ 6PM
-2121 US1, St. Augustine, just past SR312 (on the left, if you're coming from the north), across from a mall with a Blockbuster in the front of the mall parking lot (we call it the Small XD)
-entry fee will be between $5 and $15, depending on the size of the prizes (last time they gave away a Wii, and supposedly a Gamestop manager from Palm Coast is organizing it, so they just might repeat that)
-singles only, 5 stock, no time, all FD, no items, double elimination, everything else is open, except for what I haven't thought of

They might have posted on this site by now, but I'm not going to search for it. I'm also fully aware that starting at 6, with those rules, and especially with the greater turnout garnered by this site, it could easily go to midnight, but any good businessman knows a good thing when they see it, and possibly with tactful suggestions from those in the know (i.e., those of you who have organized multiple successful tournies,) they'll hopefully do it more often and logistically better (and include Melee!)

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
MK is not banned. J-son was just posting some random inside jokes... LOL

---

I did modify the schedule a bit to switch between MELEE and Brawl throughout the day (instead of just doing MELEE straight through followed by Brawl straight through). Just check the first page...

---

Thanks for the info about the tourney! :)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Gmoney I thought you didn't like brawl anymore?

i heard some people say that?

i guess it wasn't true....

Zoro

Smash Champion
im trying to get a full car to go to this

i asked uuaa and vericz and they were somewhat interested
im going to ask hiroshi if he can go too
itd be cool just to have the original 4 wato members again lol its been a while since that happened

Zoro

Smash Champion
This is a free tourney (and fest). There's no money involved, but we still run all the usual stuffz...

edit: Why would you come to this, Zoro, when Rx- is hosting pretty much the exact same thing in Orlando?
because urs said tourney in the title and rx said fest
if there was money involved we would go
not that we want money its just something to work for.

but i guess i will go to rxs since its the same

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Yea, Zoro, you might as well come to mine since it's the same thing :):):)

free tournaments = too good

Edit: come to think of it, there's one of these going on EVERYWHERE this weekend :):):)

except Seibrik's costs monies!!

EditEditEdit: Also you should go to Hbox's fest the night before just for funzor!!!

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
MK is not banned. J-son was just posting some random inside jokes... LOL

---

I did modify the schedule a bit to switch between MELEE and Brawl throughout the day (instead of just doing MELEE straight through followed by Brawl straight through). Just check the first page...

---

Thanks for the info about the tourney! :)
Sorry, I need to look back at that page.

Update on the Brawl in St. Aug, it's now starting at 4PM, and I've found out admission, it's $10. But these guys really know nothing about competitive Smash, so without mobbing them, anyone who's hosted tourneys really ought to point out for them the benefits of going more in line with the standard tourney format. I've never been to one of theirs, so I don't know exactly how it will go, but if they see the increased turnout from this site, and that those people will come back if they expect a real tournament, and that there are benefits for them from all this (i.e., they can make some money)... then hopefully there will be another venue for tournaments in the greater Jax/St. Aug area, because this area is really dry, if this and FL Smash are any indication; it's all in S. and Cen. FL. :urg::mad:

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
Thanks for the info. :)

So... I'm going to be playing Smash for most the the day tomorrow (except for 11-11:50am for class johns). If you guys are free, you should totally come down to the gameroom to play! If we aren't there, call me and I'll tell you where we're at... ;)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Good Job RockCrock for best average placing across all 4 events!!

also good job because your name is rock rock and that makes you super hardcore

rockcrockrockcrock

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Tourney was pretty sweet, I had fun playing all of you.

Apollo + G-money team is only stopped by the amazing RockCrock + HTG combo... we'll get you next time!

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I want to see replays of that lvl 9 Mario wrecking it, then promptly taunting in everyone's face.
That was hilarious.

Good tournament, although I wish I had done better...

RockCrock's :sonic: is broken.

The end.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Sorry I couldn't make it, I know I'll get up there one of these days.

Anyway, is anyone else planning on the Brawl tourney in St. Aug this Saturday?

Also, I was wondering if anyone such as Rockcrock or mkGmoney would be interested in organizing a tourney if I was able to find a rental facility. I just don't have readily accessbile Internet, but I do have a very busy schedule. I could make the arrangements for the facility, I would just need someone to do the online organizing, such as taking names of people who will come, to make sure there will be enough to pay for it, then admission for that and the prize pot, etc. It might sound cheesy to host in St. Aug, but really it's not bad, it's almost right between Jax and DB/PC, making it more accessible, and I know for a fact it's no farther to Jax from Gainesville, I've actually heard it's faster to St. Aug. If anyone who's had experience hosting successful tournies is interested, please PM me, but as I said, I don't have readily accessible Internet, so it might take me a while to respond, and work has been crazy lately, so it will be a while before I'm able to do this. So if this sounds good to anyone who's hosted a tourney before, don't be afraid to PM me.

Top Bottom