• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

jaystring

Smash Ace
ho well, apparently Kuro fixed the flikering shader yesterday!

I'm off for a mini vacantion all weekend so I won't be able to double check to see if it's right now but I'll let you guy test it and let me know if it's fixed now!

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
great work as usual...can't wait for the download to actually decide to finish, do i need to close some tabs or something? i only have 5 open

jaystring

Smash Ace
great work as usual...can't wait for the download to actually decide to finish, do i need to close some tabs or something? i only have 5 open
hum no... compared to my other mods, it's a big file (300-400mb), that's probably why it's taking so long!

There's a lot of content, a lot of HD textures, I kept the icons very high res this time (since i'm using them on 4K setup) and I included DDS as well as PNG this time.

all this added a lot of filesize to the download

but then it caused me a lot of trouble yesterday with bandwidth overload so maybe next time I should probably don't upload a file this big.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
well i just had a bandwidth quota exceeded so the download will haft to wait about 5 hours before i can try again, all well i'll get it eventually, the main reason i was confused is because it would go from like 12% to 4% which is a bigger jump than i expected to happen

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

J jaystring Bit of a random suggestion but I'm not sure if you "Brawlify" your textures, as in, adding additional shading and desaturate the colors when you import to make them more accurate to Brawl's aesthetic.

However, with the case of Wii U Zelda, could you perhaps keep her colors intact? I'm not much a fan of Brawl's aesthetic and like the game being rather colorful and the Wii U model has a nice balance already.

Buuut this is just in case you Brawlify them or not, haha.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Why have I not been keeping up with these Godly Imports?
Seriously though, amazing job on the imports!

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
J jaystring Bit of a random suggestion but I'm not sure if you "Brawlify" your textures, as in, adding additional shading and desaturate the colors when you import to make them more accurate to Brawl's aesthetic.

However, with the case of Wii U Zelda, could you perhaps keep her colors intact? I'm not much a fan of Brawl's aesthetic and like the game being rather colorful and the Wii U model has a nice balance already.

Buuut this is just in case you Brawlify them or not, haha.
He does Brawlify them. Every single thing he's done so far has been to keep them in line to match the look of the game.

D

Deleted member

He does Brawlify them. Every single thing he's done so far has been to keep them in line to match the look of the game.
Ah, I see. Thankfully I would assume it's less work to just input Zelda's model into the game as a option as that's what I'm actually wanting. I kinda like how Smash 3C looks and the model would fit with that pack.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
You can make your own textures for Jaystring's Smash 4 imports using the textures ripped directly from the game + Photoshop or GIMP. Use the normal map's RGBA layers as various different layer styles to achieve an effect you like.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hey J jaystring I found a texture glitch on Hyrule Warrior Ganondorf.
I will have to look it out when im back

CAN you give more info? Wii or Dolphins? What costume?

well i just had a bandwidth quota exceeded so the download will haft to wait about 5 hours before i can try again, all well i'll get it eventually, the main reason i was confused is because it would go from like 12% to 4% which is a bigger jump than i expected to happen
Is it really down?

I cant fix it until sunday

-------------------

I'll answer the rest tomorrow night

E-scope12

Banned via Warnings
I will have to look it out when im back

CAN you give more info? Wii or Dolphins? What costume?

Is it really down?

I cant fix it until sunday

-------------------

I'll answer the rest tomorrow night
It is on the Wii. I only tried out the first costume.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Ah, I see. Thankfully I would assume it's less work to just input Zelda's model into the game as a option as that's what I'm actually wanting. I kinda like how Smash 3C looks and the model would fit with that pack.
yeah, All my mod for Brawl will be Brawl-i-fied. Including the future ones. As blerb suggested, if you want the original texture, just get it from the source material and import it over mine. Not sure why you would want to do that but whatever, they look horrible in Brawl without any work.

Smash3c I believe did edit some of my mods, I don't keep up with their stuff, I use my own edit but if you ask them they might be willing to do some more I think.

I wonder why?
I too believe it's probably related to the stage not my mod. I've never seen that before and I've tested them for a looong time (and nobody pointed me out another similar issue)

i just waited till the next day to get it and it worked the problem was on my end
All right! good to know!

----------------------------------------------------------------

I've just updated the download link with some tiny fix/modification

1) my stock icons no longer crash in Brawlbox 0.77
2) I've added 1280p of the renders of my own CSPs. so people can edit them for additionnal icons I've not done (like singleplayer stuff)
3) Kuro made a mistake when he fixed the flickering shaders for default HW ganondorf, he duplicated the red recolor for the Wii costumes (there was no Wii green). I've fixed that.

D

Deleted member

yeah, All my mod for Brawl will be Brawl-i-fied. Including the future ones. As blerb suggested, if you want the original texture, just get it from the source material and import it over mine. Not sure why you would want to do that but whatever, they look horrible in Brawl without any work.

Smash3c I believe did edit some of my mods, I don't keep up with their stuff, I use my own edit but if you ask them they might be willing to do some more I think.
Ah, I see. I'll stick with Brawlify one then. It's still a way better model than the one in Brawl.

As for the reasoning why I initially wanted this, it's because Brawl's models tend lack saturation and they use a specific darkened shading style on the textures to make the graphics appear better than what they actually are, hiding the polygon count with dark edges (probably because it's a Wii game and Wii isn't that much stronger than Gamecube). Not only that, but as stated earlier, Brawl's character graphics for the most part are very desaturated and I personally don't enjoy the dull colors. As an example, look at the red coloring on Mario throughout some of the games compared to Brawl.

You get a nice primary red with Melee and Wii U, but Brawl's is kinda darkened, faded/dull, and less eye popping.

But yeah, I'll be happy just as long as her model gets in, I hadn't realized just importing the model makes it look bad, but it makes sense. I'm sure your work will turn out great.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Ah, I see. I'll stick with Brawlify one then. It's still a way better model than the one in Brawl.

As for the reasoning why I initially wanted this, it's because Brawl's models tend lack saturation and they use a specific darkened shading style on the textures to make the graphics appear better than what they actually are, hiding the polygon count with dark edges (probably because it's a Wii game and Wii isn't that much stronger than Gamecube). Not only that, but as stated earlier, Brawl's character graphics for the most part are very desaturated and I personally don't enjoy the dull colors. As an example, look at the red coloring on Mario throughout some of the games compared to Brawl.

You get a nice primary red with Melee and Wii U, but Brawl's is kinda darkened, faded/dull, and less eye popping.

But yeah, I'll be happy just as long as her model gets in, I hadn't realized just importing the model makes it look bad, but it makes sense. I'm sure your work will turn out great.
It's a matter of opinion

Your Mario exemple made it very obvious to me which one I like the most.

To me, the Brawl one is the better looking one.

It's the only one out of the 3 that looks like it has some actual texture work done by a talented texture artist.

The Melee one is too low res to actually see some texture work and his model is proportioned weird (just like most melee characters, they all look kinda "wrong", like they were modeled by less experienced modeler)(not saying it's the case but I guest that was the standard at the time)

The smash 4 one looks like a texture you would fill in the colors with the "paint bucket tool" in photoshop then add a black and white "jean's texture" as overlay and call it done.

I could do a texture like most of smash 4 textures in like 5 minutes.

most of the work in smash4 is done throught shader (and normal maps), they dumped down the texture work.

and since Brawl doesn't have the option to do such advanced shader/lighting/normal maps, details have to be done inside the texture. (which is why I always find kind of pointless mods that tries to simulate the smash4 look in Brawl. it just will never work. but that's another topic)

my point is, the Brawl one is the only one that has texture details that most inexperience texture artist could not reproduce.

This alone makes it the best looking for me.

It has jeans texture that actually looks like jean, tiny details we've never seen on a Mario model before, folds in his shirt hand painted, hand painted shadow and highlights (they hand painted stuff because at the time they could not light the character properly in game engines so it had to be faked)

I don't mind de-saturation at all. I think they did it just right actually. it complement the more detailed texture perfectly and help blend in character like Snake that would look weird if he was in a "Mario 3D World" style of color palette.

we're talking about 3 very different art style and intentions and also tech and limitations related to the time the game was release. There's no right answer as to which one is really better.

To me, the better one is the one that require more talent to produce but this is just my opinion.

Don't take any of this seriously if you don't agree

D

Deleted member

It's a matter of opinion

It's the only one out of the 3 that looks like it has some actual texture work done by a talented texture artist.

The Melee one is too low res to actually see some texture work and his model is proportioned weird (just like most melee characters, they all look kinda "wrong", like they were modeled by less experienced modeler)(not saying it's the case but I guest that was the standard at the time)

The smash 4 one looks like a texture you would fill in the colors with the "paint bucket tool" in photoshop then add a black and white "jean's texture" as overlay and call it done.

most of the work in smash4 is done throught shader (and normal maps), they dumped down the texture work.

and since Brawl doesn't have the option to do such advanced shader/lighting/normal maps, details have to be done inside the texture. (which is why I always find kind of pointless mods that tries to simulate the smash4 look in Brawl. it just will never work. but that's another topic)

my point is, the Brawl one is the only one that has texture details that most inexperience texture artist could not reproduce.

This alone makes it the best looking for me.

It has jeans texture that actually looks like jean, tiny details we've never seen on a Mario model before, folds in his shirt hand painted, hand painted shadow and highlights (they hand painted stuff because at the time they could not light the character properly in game engines so it had to be faked)

I don't mind de-saturation at all. I think they did it just right actually. it complement the more detailed texture perfectly and help blend in character like Snake that would look weird if he was in a "Mario 3D World" style of color palette.

we're talking about 3 very different art style and intentions and also tech and limitations related to the time the game was release. There's no right answer as to which one is really better.

To me, the better one is the one that require more talent to produce but this is just my opinion.

Don't take any of this seriously if you don't agree
For me, I feel as if the color loss is a bit too abundant, because even if they're trying to go for a 'realistic' look, real life is a lot more colorful than this. A PS2 game called FFXI also does the approach of using textures to simulate what the graphics aren't capable of, but I feel it has a better usage of color that really helps in comparison to Brawl.

It's not that I dislike Brawl's textures persay, it's that I dislike that the usage of color in said textures.

But we'll agree to disagree.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I don't think Snake would look bad in Smash4 style, they already fit many characters from games with vastly different art styles (Cloud, Ryu, Bayonetta) and they look great, Ryu for example is a fairly "realistic" character, if Snake was handled correctly like Ryu, like giving him simpler textures for his skin and stealth suit and adjusting his proportions he would look right at home imo.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
jay, are you familiar with the SSE Great Maze clones? If someone (me) applied that effect to Ganon, would you add it to the download?

jaystring

Smash Ace
jay, are you familiar with the SSE Great Maze clones? If someone (me) applied that effect to Ganon, would you add it to the download?
yeah I could add it to the .rar!!

those are the "spy" costumes right!?

I don't bother with singleplayer stuff since BrawlEx breaks it anyway.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
yeah I could add it to the .rar!!

those are the "spy" costumes right!?

I don't bother with singleplayer stuff since BrawlEx breaks it anyway.
Spy costumes are the ones used in Invisible/Clear special brawl mode. I speak of the the FitCharDark costumes, which look like this:
00000000-94.png
But when loaded on the Dark slot, have a shifting blue/green/yellow color spectrum applied, like so:
00000000-101.png
(don't mind the sparkles caused by Dolphin)

jaystring

Smash Ace
Spy costumes are the ones used in Invisible/Clear special brawl mode. I speak of the the FitCharDark costumes, which look like this:
But when loaded on the Dark slot, have a shifting blue/green/yellow color spectrum applied, like so:
(don't mind the sparkles caused by Dolphin)
ho ok. yeah the "dark" ones. forgot about those too!

MauroBlueOni

Smash Rookie
Yo Jaystring, i wanted to ask, now that you finished your Ganondorf mod, will you continue Cloud? cuase im well aware that you know of the amazing PSA that has been released today

jaystring

Smash Ace
yes!

making it compatible with this PSA was the reason why I hold it off (again).

I had a WIP version of this PSA for a while but didn't manage to make my edits on time for his release.

There's some skinning issues with my Cloud(s) that need to be fixed before it works well with this PSA!

neox-the-neobian

Smash Cadet
Hey concerning you cloud mods specifically the Yoshi taka Amano version can you include one with the ultima weapon? I feel that that weapon fits him the most

ZeusLink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
U wot m8?
3DS FC
1010-0010-0100
yes!

making it compatible with this PSA was the reason why I hold it off (again).

I had a WIP version of this PSA for a while but didn't manage to make my edits on time for his release.

There's some skinning issues with my Cloud(s) that need to be fixed before it works well with this PSA!
Quality is best!

D

Deleted member

It's a matter of opinion

With my message before, I kinda cut what I really wanted to say short, but I kinda wanna share my actual thoughts on what you said persay and leave it at that. So as a disclaimer, I have nothing against your mods in the slightest nor am I asking you to do anything, but you did raise some points that I wanted to address more properly for the sake of the argument persay.

I actually disagree with a lot of this. If you look closely at Mario's texture work in Melee, you are seeing a specific aesthetic. It's not so much less detailed because of inexperienced artists, It's that the actual theme of the game is to be more cartoonish or animated. You can tell by the smoothness in his shirt and the subtle ruffles of his clothing that this is done deliberately while still mixing a bit of realism into the design. I find it comes off really looking great while keeping things smooth at the same time.

Also, you said his model is proportioned wrong which that isn't the case. Mario's design in that era actually was different and I find they pulled it off really well for a fighter.

I also disagree that the talent of Brawl's texture work is really that superior. Like, looking at the denim itself, I actually don't care for it much because it looks like a game trying to look like an Xbox 360 game but stuck in a previous console era and not being able to clash realism with cartoonish characters at the same time. His denim may have more going on persay, but what's going on is nothing really eye pleasing to me. I tend to also not care how the overall shading he has on him either. Like his skin color is too whiteish from being faded out, his shoes have the typical Brawl aesthetic of some areas darker some areas lighter while sacrificing a lot of color in the process. Not only is it not pleasing for me to look at, it actually makes it more difficult to see your character with the colors as faded as this. Like, I can still see him, but I can see him much better in the other games.

With Smash 4, I'll agree that the texture work of that game, especially with the human character faces are really off at times like with Lucina, Robin, Corrin, Link, and Ganondorf. Link's clothing texture in particular is very odd, looks very plasticy. I will give Brawl credit in that it does a far greater job at being artistically accurate about the characters from how they are in their games compared to Smash 4, but I feel Smash 4 overall looks a lot better in Brawl from the colors alone. I really like how Pokemon Stadium from Brawl looks in Smash 4, and especially Smashville.

So as you said before, these are just opinions, we differ in that regard and I respect your view wholeheartedly.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hey concerning you cloud mods specifically the Yoshi taka Amano version can you include one with the ultima weapon? I feel that that weapon fits him the most
yeah i'll consider it! I was actually looking at the possibility of having more weapons and stuff! I'll see what I can do!

I haven't started at all the amano costume so it might take a while before it get's done (maybe as a recolor in the mean time, i'm not sure). I want to finish the 2 WIP (green scarf CCCloud and Miss Cloud) first before starting new costumes.

right now, my plan is to get back to work on Cloud somewhere during chrismas vacations, which is next week.

neox-the-neobian

Smash Cadet
Quick question: where do you live and what do you do? cause where I am at college students started xmas vacation 2 weeks ago and grade schoolers start theirs tomorrow.

jaystring

Smash Ace
With my message before, I kinda cut what I really wanted to say short, but I kinda wanna share my actual thoughts on what you said persay and leave it at that. So as a disclaimer, I have nothing against your mods in the slightest nor am I asking you to do anything, but you did raise some points that I wanted to address more properly for the sake of the argument persay.

I actually disagree with a lot of this. If you look closely at Mario's texture work in Melee, you are seeing a specific aesthetic. It's not so much less detailed because of inexperienced artists, It's that the actual theme of the game is to be more cartoonish or animated. You can tell by the smoothness in his shirt and the subtle ruffles of his clothing that this is done deliberately while still mixing a bit of realism into the design. I find it comes off really looking great while keeping things smooth at the same time.

Also, you said his model is proportioned wrong which that isn't the case. Mario's design in that era actually was different and I find they pulled it off really well for a fighter.

I also disagree that the talent of Brawl's texture work is really that superior. Like, looking at the denim itself, I actually don't care for it much because it looks like a game trying to look like an Xbox 360 game but stuck in a previous console era and not being able to clash realism with cartoonish characters at the same time. His denim may have more going on persay, but what's going on is nothing really eye pleasing to me. I tend to also not care how the overall shading he has on him either. Like his skin color is too whiteish from being faded out, his shoes have the typical Brawl aesthetic of some areas darker some areas lighter while sacrificing a lot of color in the process. Not only is it not pleasing for me to look at, it actually makes it more difficult to see your character with the colors as faded as this. Like, I can still see him, but I can see him much better in the other games.

With Smash 4, I'll agree that the texture work of that game, especially with the human character faces are really off at times like with Lucina, Robin, Corrin, Link, and Ganondorf. Link's clothing texture in particular is very odd, looks very plasticy. I will give Brawl credit in that it does a far greater job at being artistically accurate about the characters from how they are in their games compared to Smash 4, but I feel Smash 4 overall looks a lot better in Brawl from the colors alone. I really like how Pokemon Stadium from Brawl looks in Smash 4, and especially Smashville.

So as you said before, these are just opinions, we differ in that regard and I respect your view wholeheartedly.

yeah, I think most of your concern about Brawl's look is in the Art Direction itself, which is really opinion based anyway.

They choose to make it a bit less saturated. it wasn't a mistake or lack of talent, it was intentional with the art style they were going.

both game (smash4 and Brawl) also portrait very well the change in nintendo's vision as a company too : at the time of Brawl, they were still in the "console hunt game" with Sony and Microsoft. It was the time of Twilight princess and that Brawl look. They were still aiming to capture older audience with these more "realistic" looking art style. They wanted their old fans to still follow them.

Today they've step back from that and reverted back to "let make games more for today's children. Sony and Microsoft aren't really focusing on that anyway so there's a place for that on the market". I believe this is why Smash4, Mario Kart 8, new Zelda etc are now all very colorful and "pixar/disney looking-ish"

they've changed their target market, which is totally fine and doesn't matter since all these games are still very good.

but I believe it's the reason why the visual of their games have changed so much from iteration to iteration.

anyway, even if you "actually don't care for it much"and doesn't like it, it doesn't change anything about the fact that Brawl texture require a more talented artist to make them then Smash4.

I can show you side by side both Mario's texture from both game and you'll see very very quickly which one of the 2 looks harder to make.

It doesn't tell anything about which one is objectively "better looking", that's an opinion, but it's very obvious which one requires more work and that, I believe, is pretty hard to argue.

There's something about hand painting texture that I really like. sure it's an outdated "technique" today if used on it's own but some games still mix them with current gen tech and it tend to give better results (for exemple, Hyrule Warriors had normal map mixed with pretty detailed hand made diffuse texture. and HW looks fantastic (character wise). MGS4 also has pretty good diffuse textures.)!

To finish on that subject, since i'm doing mods for Brawl, I'm not trying to change all the art direction of the game, i'm expanding the game with new content so I stick to Brawl's visual "rules" and what they choose to do for that game.

This is why, all my brawl mod will always have a Brawl treatment.

If was making Smash4 mods, I would make it more colorful, less detailed etc, just like smash4.

D

Deleted member

yeah, I think most of your concern about Brawl's look is in the Art Direction itself, which is really opinion based anyway.

They choose to make it a bit less saturated. it wasn't a mistake or lack of talent, it was intentional with the art style they were going.

both game (smash4 and Brawl) also portrait very well the change in nintendo's vision as a company too : at the time of Brawl, they were still in the "console hunt game" with Sony and Microsoft. It was the time of Twilight princess and that Brawl look. They were still aiming to capture older audience with these more "realistic" looking art style. They wanted their old fans to still follow them.

Today they've step back from that and reverted back to "let make games more for today's children. Sony and Microsoft aren't really focusing on that anyway so there's a place for that on the market". I believe this is why Smash4, Mario Kart 8, new Zelda etc are now all very colorful and "pixar/disney looking-ish"

they've changed their target market, which is totally fine and doesn't matter since all these games are still very good.

but I believe it's the reason why the visual of their games have changed so much from iteration to iteration.

anyway, even if you "actually don't care for it much"and doesn't like it, it doesn't change anything about the fact that Brawl texture require a more talented artist to make them then Smash4.

I can show you side by side both Mario's texture from both game and you'll see very very quickly which one of the 2 looks harder to make.

It doesn't tell anything about which one is objectively "better looking", that's an opinion, but it's very obvious which one requires more work and that, I believe, is pretty hard to argue.

There's something about hand painting texture that I really like. sure it's an outdated "technique" today if used on it's own but some games still mix them with current gen tech and it tend to give better results (for exemple, Hyrule Warriors had normal map mixed with pretty detailed hand made diffuse texture. and HW looks fantastic (character wise). MGS4 also has pretty good diffuse textures.)!

To finish on that subject, since i'm doing mods for Brawl, I'm not trying to change all the art direction of the game, i'm expanding the game with new content so I stick to Brawl's visual "rules" and what they choose to do for that game.

This is why, all my brawl mod will always have a Brawl treatment.

If was making Smash4 mods, I would make it more colorful, less detailed etc, just like smash4.
I think the only thing left I want to elaborate more with here is that I pay close attention to Brawl's and Melee's graphics as I'm constantly playing both games daily at 1080p and will take screenshots sometimes, or just zoom in just to look at them. For instance, Ganondorf looks really damn good in Brawl, and Fox looks really damn good in Melee. There are some exceptions in Melee like Peach's face, or Zelda's face (although her Trophy in the Gallery looks amazing). Most of Melee's shortcomings are the polygon count, but the simplistic style makes it work nicely.

So yeah, like even if Brawl may have more detail persay on most of the textures, that doesn't necessarily mean that is actually harder to make by comparison. Executing a simplistic look is a lot harder than it sounds. It's kinda like how a lot of well known sprite artists can never get the old 8bit sprite look down and end up having to resort to additional colors because they cannot work within the limitations. It really just depends on the content.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
So here's that SSE overlay I mentioned. I couldn't get his eyes a nice bright white, but it looks accurate nonetheless. Also, a funny glitch with the cape shadow on flat stages.
00000000-116.png
00000000-117.png

jaystring

Smash Ace
Quick question: where do you live and what do you do? cause where I am at college students started xmas vacation 2 weeks ago and grade schoolers start theirs tomorrow.
yeah, I'm not in school anymore, I have a full time job and only get between Christmas and new year as vacation.

So here's that SSE overlay I mentioned. I couldn't get his eyes a nice bright white, but it looks accurate nonetheless. Also, a funny glitch with the cape shadow on flat stages.
Great!

yeah the shadow bug is because I don't mod the shadows (that's TP Ganondorf shadow with the cape) ..

I've never done shadow edit but I'm pretty sure I think I know how it works but I never bothered with them in all my mods.

maybe someday I should go back to all my mods and fix them in all my mods but it's a super minor bug and very low in my priorities. I think it's better that I pass time on new content.

we don't see them that much in gameplay + a lot of stage mods are badly setup with shadows anyway (either there's no shadow on the ground or it's projected wrong, etc)

I think the only thing left I want to elaborate more with here is that I pay close attention to Brawl's and Melee's graphics as I'm constantly playing both games daily at 1080p and will take screenshots sometimes, or just zoom in just to look at them. For instance, Ganondorf looks really damn good in Brawl, and Fox looks really damn good in Melee. There are some exceptions in Melee like Peach's face, or Zelda's face (although her Trophy in the Gallery looks amazing). Most of Melee's shortcomings are the polygon count, but the simplistic style makes it work nicely.

So yeah, like even if Brawl may have more detail persay on most of the textures, that doesn't necessarily mean that is actually harder to make by comparison. Executing a simplistic look is a lot harder than it sounds. It's kinda like how a lot of well known sprite artists can never get the old 8bit sprite look down and end up having to resort to additional colors because they cannot work within the limitations. It really just depends on the content.
one thing I like about melee is that some characters uses my favorite design for them.

Melee Fox (star fox 64 design), Melee Falco (star fox 64 design), Melee Link (ocarina Link) are all better design then their new one in my opinion.

And Project M Team basically brought back most of them to Brawl and they all are very very well done!

D

Deleted member

one thing I like about melee is that some characters uses my favorite design for them.

Melee Fox (star fox 64 design), Melee Falco (star fox 64 design), Melee Link (ocarina Link) are all better design then their new one in my opinion.

And Project M Team basically brought back most of them to Brawl and they all are very very well done!
Yeah, I love Project M dev team's texture work and def agree about the designs on the Star Animals and Ocarina of Time Link. I don't like it as much, but TP Link is still good design, but I've never been a fan of Command Mission Fox (the design they've used since Brawl). His head just...looks like a diamond. It's odd.

Top Bottom