• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

jaystring

Smash Ace
yo man, once again incredible mods, every time i check back i swear im blown away with you hardwork.
chances are you dont remember me too well, regardless that's okay. I'm the scrub working on a Robin PSA for PM.
Essentially i've been workin at it but the robin model i have and am currently using for animations right now has wacky *** bones.
I do all my animations in Maya then transfer to Brawl Box, so i'm worried that whenever your robin model comes out it wont line up properly with my vertexed robin hack. Was just wondering what your progress is on that and if it would be possible to get a test build just to make sure all my work isnt pointless haha.
Yeah Robin is in my to do list! Sorry it's taking so long but I can only do 1 at the time unfortunately. I'm very ambitious with Cloud so it's taking a while but it's not going to be like this for all my next import.

A direct import without custom model can be done fairly quickly.

The best test build I can suggest you for now is : whatever model you use as placeholder, use Marth's exact bone position, he's gonna be skinned over Marth and I don't change the bones, I change the model if necessary to fit the bones!.

So good animation with Marth's bone should translate well with my future import of Robin.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
Thanks!! I have quite a lot of fun doing these projects. and the end result is amazing too. I took a break yesterday night and actually played my build with all my mods in it and I was impress on how cool it end up been when it's all done and all integrated together.

I can't wait to have the time to start a BrawlEx build and start semi-cloning my mods to add them their SFX, some minor difference etc basically making some mini-PSA (I'm not experience enough with PSA to start doing massive moveset edit).

yeah all the costume I'll be doing will be made to fit Smash WIi U Cloud so they'll be made to his standard (except the PS1 battle model Cloud of course).

I think we might see an official HD Kingdom Heart Cloud at some point not too far away. I would totally expect Square to make a Kingdom Heart CLoud DLC for the PS4 dissidia Game they are making.

There is one costume I've started making for Wii U Cloud that this one I'm sure we will not see an HD version of that, not even in the remake I think! :)
Is it this one from Dissidia 012?

yofan360

Smash Rookie
jaystring, is it okay if I use the custom white roy alternate for source filmmaker? I have it done and all, but I'm just asking.

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
i think you may want to tweak the size modded roy a bit, he seems way too big compared to other characters.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I honestly don't think there needed to be a size modded one. You can just PSA him the right size under the attributes section. I have him set to .98 in game size, and 1.26 on results screen. He looks perfect. Same height as he is in Smash U.

I guess it's for those who don't want younger Roy to be taller as well. Meh. I'm not using that anymore though.

jaystring

Smash Ace
jaystring, is it okay if I use the custom white roy alternate for source filmmaker? I have it done and all, but I'm just asking.
sure go for it! I really don't mind

i think you may want to tweak the size modded roy a bit, he seems way too big compared to other characters.
well it's weird because he seem much bigger in-game than in the winning screen.. I used the winning screen to test out the size but it's true that in-game he does look a bit too tall. I guest I'll come up with an update for this later then!

I honestly don't think there needed to be a size modded one. You can just PSA him the right size under the attributes section. I have him set to .98 in game size, and 1.26 on results screen. He looks perfect. Same height as he is in Smash U.

I guess it's for those who don't want younger Roy to be taller as well. Meh. I'm not using that anymore though.
I purposely don't change the fitmotion value for my release because I want them to be the most compatible with whatever other mods people are using.

but yeah it's possible to tweak the size in the fitmotion too

Personally, I use the sizemod in my build as I think that PM Default size doesn't work with the Wii U model, He look way too small. The boy grew up!

jaystring

Smash Ace
ok! I just quickly edited Roy's OneSlotSize mod!

basically Roy yelloweye bone was scaled to 1.14 before and I put them all to 1.09. This should make him closer to his real Wii U size now.

I secretly updated the download link so, for people interested, you'll get the edited size mod by redownloading it right now!

Wii U Roy

PM Wii U Roy

jaystring

Smash Ace
also, just some precision about the whole "One Slot Size mod thing". Seems some people are confused about this.

The purpose of One Slot Size mods is to give the character it's right size (height) on a single costume slot. This means that the particular pac file of a particular costume will be a different scale then the other pac file costume of this character.

This is useful when you want to use different scale on the same character.

Exemple 1, let say you want to use Default PM Roy (the one that comes with PM 3.6) on FitRoy00.pac and my Wii U Roy on FitRoy01.pac and that you want Default PM Roy to be the small boy and Wii U Roy to be taller.

This is where you'll use my Size mod.

Unfortunatly, the One Slot Size mod comes with 2 minor visual bug :
- the character's hand will be misplaced in ledge grabing
- The character wil lose it's yellow eye when he gets a smash ball

Now, exemple 2 : you use my Wii U Roy on all of Roy's costume and you want him to be tall on all his costume

In this case, you can use my sizemod on all the costume slot OR you can actually edit the FitMotion.pac file to make the animation the right size.

Modifing the FitMotion.pac will get rid of the 2 bug mentionned up but you'll have the same scale on ALL the costume.

I don't modifie the FitMotion.pac file in my release because I've got no control on what other mod people are deciding to put over Roy (in this exemple) so giving the OneSlotSizeMod option is a more flexible option for people to choose how they want to setup their costumes.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I was talking about the FitRoy.pac. That's where I edited the values. Not the FitMotion.

jaystring

Smash Ace
I was talking about the FitRoy.pac. That's where I edited the values. Not the FitMotion.
hoo really!? now this is something new to me, I didn't know we could set scale in the FitRoy.pac file.

Where are you setting those in the file!?

The FitRoy.pac file is still shared by all the 00, 01, 02 etc pac/pcs files right!?

So it still has the issue of not been able to scale only one costume, am I right!?

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
It will do the same thing as in the Fit Motion, yes. But I think it's an easier thing to edit, since It's just two numbers being changed. So, to do that... you open the FitRoy.pac, open Sections, Data, then click on the Attributes section. Scroll down until you see Size, and Size on Results Screen listed in the window that pops up on the right side of it. Just left click the number value to change it. Like I posted above. Size was changed to 0.98 and Results Screen Size was changed to 1.26. That should work for anyone who wants him to be Smash U's size.

This is all for Brawlbox though... generally version 0.68b like I am using. I think you can still do this in PSA as well.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
It will do the same thing as in the Fit Motion, yes. But I think it's an easier thing to edit, since It's just two numbers being changed. So, to do that... you open the FitRoy.pac, open Sections, Data, then click on the Attributes section. Scroll down until you see Size, and Size on Results Screen listed in the window that pops up on the right side of it. Just left click the number value to change it. Like I posted above. Size was changed to 0.98 and Results Screen Size was changed to 1.26. That should work for anyone who wants him to be Smash U's size.

This is all for Brawlbox though... generally version 0.68b like I am using. I think you can still do this in PSA as well.
all right! thanks for the info!

Noted it for the future, will probably be very useful information later!

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Any news on Cloud?
Did you miss the 6:00 news?

Edit: Hey jaystring! Somebody might have told you this already but you're Captain Toad lags like crazy on Wii. Like 5-10 fps crazy. Anyways, I read you don't test your mods with the Wii but I thought I'd lyk in case you weren't aware of it.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Any news on Cloud?
Sorry No Cloud update yet! well nothing of interest to share anyway. I've started gathering some models that I'll need for "other costumes". That's about it

I've not worked on Cloud really this weekend as i've took a small break of character and I've been playing with my build (making some icons) and stage lighting of some Wii U stages.

Midgar, Suzaku Castle, Wily Castle and Jungle Hijinx are all awesome imports but the lighting of the characters always seemed off to me in those stages compare to the background. So I decided to go pratice stage lighting editing a bit with these and tweaked the lighting of the characters.

Here's what it look like!

Midgar : characters where too dark to me in the original. made a brighter light from the back and more ambient light. makes the character blend in and be part of the stage better I think

Jungle Hijinx : character where too grey-ich in the orignal. brought back some colors to the character lighting

Wily Castle : Same thing, Character where too grey-inch. brought back more color to the character lighting

Suzaku Castle : Character were too dark and desaturated to me in the original. made a much bigger highlight from the sun light behind and a more orange lighting like it should have been

Full Gallery

Anyway, just wanted to share that I had some fun doing those this weekend.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Did you miss the 6:00 news?

Edit: Hey jaystring! Somebody might have told you this already but you're Captain Toad lags like crazy on Wii. Like 5-10 fps crazy. Anyways, I read you don't test your mods with the Wii but I thought I'd lyk in case you weren't aware of it.
Someone already told me yes. and honestly, if ANYONE has an idea why, I'll be glad to fix it. I really don't know why it's doing this (I know it's releated to the modded pikmin, that's it.)

I've been using Captain Toad since I initially released it on Dolphin and he's been working fine since the beginning, never had any lag on dolphin.

Something's wrong with the modded pikmin and I don't know what....

I would love to fix it for you guy but I don't know what's wrong.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Someone already told me yes. and honestly, if ANYONE has an idea why, I'll be glad to fix it. I really don't know why it's doing this (I know it's releated to the modded pikmin, that's it.)

I've been using Captain Toad since I initially released it on Dolphin and he's been working fine since the beginning, never had any lag on dolphin.

Something's wrong with the modded pikmin and I don't know what....

I would love to fix it for you guy but I don't know what's wrong.
Thats interesting to note. I'm not the guy to ask about that stuff but I wouldn't sweat it for now. If something ever comes up just let us know :D

jaystring

Smash Ace
Thats interesting to note. I'm not the guy to ask about that stuff but I wouldn't sweat it for now. If something ever comes up just let us know :D
yeah! i'm 100% certain that it's the pikmin but I don't know why.

and I've been too busy with new stuff to have time to really investigate (and it's hard without a Wii to test if there's still lag with whatever change I try lol)

If you bring back the default pikmin (import it from default Olimar and bring back the textures), it will fix the lag.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Hm... since you made all those stage lighting adjustments, did you ever go and talk to DSX about them at all? Or even EdwguardFlows? Since he took over... I could pass it on for you if you need. I know DSX personally.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hm... since you made all those stage lighting adjustments, did you ever go and talk to DSX about them at all? Or even EdwguardFlows? Since he took over... I could pass it on for you if you need. I know DSX personally.
no I haven't told them about it. I did this for fun for my own build.

Actually if people want them then yeah I can give it to them or ask them if I can upload it.

AC Cloud looks great!
Thanks!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I would. They look much closer to the source content. You did a good job. I'm sure others would want them too.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
How's your custom build going? Is it gonna be playable on Wii?

jaystring

Smash Ace
I would. They look much closer to the source content. You did a good job. I'm sure others would want them too.
All right! I'll send him a quick message on Brawlvault and if he's fine with it, i'll upload them

How's your custom build going? Is it gonna be playable on Wii?
Coming along fine! It's a never ending process actually since I'm continually making new content

I actually want to start a new one too to get BrawlEX in it. but the work done on the old one is not lost as it's very easy to port icons and stages and songs etc.

I think it will probably need some tweaking to work on Wii since I've got lots of high res stage and model in it.

I also use a custom ISO for songs, don't know if this works on Wii.

The build is 1.5 gig without any Song in it (the Sd.raw). So it's very big.

There's no reason for it to not work on wii if you remove or replace the heavy model and stuff I think...

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
nice char lighting... :o

as i told u on KCMM, i mostly focus on stage lighting since im mostly a stage importer, didnt really focus much on char lighting.

jaystring

Smash Ace
nice char lighting... :o

as i told u on KCMM, i mostly focus on stage lighting since im mostly a stage importer, didnt really focus much on char lighting.
Thank you! Well your stage lighting for the environment of Wii U stage is basically perfect!

There he is... :v
I shared the 4 updated character lighting with DSX8. He told me he will be updating his brawlvault entry with them at some point! So keep a look for that!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Yeah, he told me after you had asked him. Showed it to me on Discord actually. I'm in the know about a lot of things thanks to him. Pays to be friends with a popular modder I suppose.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I shared the 4 updated character lighting with DSX8. He told me he will be updating his brawlvault entry with them at some point! So keep a look for that!
I guess that means we'll be waiting for a long time then. Oh well.

Still, you did fantastic work with the lighting. Nice job!

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
Top Bottom