• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JC Grabs and OOS options

Sour_e

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if using JC grabs as Falcon will bring any advantages to things such as down chain grabs or up throw Nair grab? How about tech chasing?

I don't see the difference to be honest because his grab has such terrible range. Is dash grabbing more worth it? It is possible to perform?

Also I have been training my oos options. I usually use Nair and Dair based on how far I am away from the opponent.

Would Uair be a good option if they're coming from above? Does it has priority over many moves?

I know players like Falco fall too fast and have amazing dairs so doing an uair oos would mean getting shined and pooped on.

Last edited:

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
JC grabs allow you to perform a moving standing grab, which has less lag than a dash grab. Basically, you get the same amount of coverage, in a faster, less-punishable form.

As for OoS options, Falcon doesn't have the best choices. Personally, I think that an instant UpAir OoS is a really good choice, because it comes out fast as hell and hits super low. As for characters coming from above, get good at finding the timing of their pressure, and try to grab them when they're doing nothing. If they're just coming straight above you from the neutral, you shouldn't really be in shield in the first place. Use your speed and agility to avoid attacks, and keep dash dancing and punish any sloppy approach coming down towards you.

If you want to be really silly with an OoS option, you can try the good ol' fashioned Lvl 9 CPU Ganon trick of going for an UpB. Ganon's UpB has farther horizontal range than Falcon (AFAIK), so you have to make sure the opponent is closer, but it can actually be a good means of resetting the neutral. The only thing to watch out for with this option is your opponents percent. If they're at mid-high percents, you're free to go for it, as it will throw them far enough for you to act and move before they can successfully reestablish positioning advantage/pressure. If they're at low percents, I'd advise against this option.

Sour_e

Smash Rookie
Awesome, thanks for all the info! Another question, how do you deal with projectiles say from Samus or Link?

I've heard side B is a good way manage limited spamming. I never used this, instead tending to just move around the projectiles whether it be to crouch under or jump over, and try to close the gap. Is there anyway to better this approach?

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
Side B makes you essentially do a roll with an attack, so a projectile will pass through you without hitting. Nair is a better option, because you'll break a missile and keep going without taking damage, so you can approach through non-laser projectiles.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Wavedash, Spotdodge, Rolls, Empty Jumps, Grabs, all of his aerials, Up-B, Aerial Falcon kick, and Footstool Falcon kick are all of Falcon's OOS options, there are at least a few realistic uses for all of them, so just experiment with all of them and find out for yourself what's best and in what situations.

Top Bottom