• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Discussion

Sangoku

Smash Master
Aggro puff works against noobs, forget about dash grab to 0 to death combo against good players =P.

PS: you can ask Bear for advice, he has a ****ing lame puff (really good if you prefer).

Olikus

Smash Champion
Bears puff is amasing, but he says he's bad at giving advice. Or maybe he doesnt want to give me the secret ingredience, who knows. So my best chance is to wait for a campy samus to aproach?
-__-

Good thing i allmost never play hyrule.

Sangoku

Smash Master
People in general don't like giving advice. My feeling at least.

What do you want, jiggs has a bad approach. You need to space for hours or get a lucky hit. Best thing though would be to read those bairs (be careful of the second attack from the jump). And of course best thing is not to miss a combo even though it might be difficult against samus.

Another strategy that comes to mind is if you manage to pressure enough, you might have samus upbing, then you can DI out of it and punish. Don't know if that's really usable...

TheFooL

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure how applicable this is to the Samus matchup, but I find the best approach with Jiggs is just poking around with her nair, or SH dair. The dair can be pretty useful as an approach for a few reasons, which depend on how your opponent reacts. Option 1 is if your opponent does nothing and the dair connects. From here, there are many, many possible ways to combo: if high enough percent, straight into rest or uptilt to rest or more combos, fsmash, dsmash, or usmash work too, or you can pound into further combos. Option 2 is if your opponent shields the dair. If this happens you want to continue to move jiggs so you land the dair behind your opponent, so you can't be grabbed out of shield. From there, you could uptilt and catch your opponent when they go out of shield, dsmash to try to shield stab, or pound to try to break their shield. If your opponent rolls, chase them and grab them, which you can fthrow into more combos or if applicable bthrow to kill. Option 3, which is more common against better opponents, is if your opponent DI's out of the drill. If this happens you'll probably get punished, so it's best to back off and create some space and either wait for your opponent to attack or try to find another opening.

My question, how effective is the rising pound for Jiggs recovery?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
You forgot about D-Air > grab > stuff.

My question, how effective is the rising pound for Jiggs recovery?
A lot of people like to use only rising pound from afar if possible, saving the jumps to maintain Jiggs' maneuverability when she's closer to the stage. Rising pound gives plenty of horizontal distance and a slight amount of vertical distance, but using pound is almost describable as a commitment, so be careful when using it near the stage.

Additionally, you cannot grab the edge out of pound, and you will drop a little after using it, so don't try to sweetspot using rising pound.

me giving jiggs advice...i don't even play jiggs anymore except for funsies o.o

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yeah, only time pound should be used near the ledge is if you want that last little vertical boost to get you over the edge onto the stage (thats if you're out of jumps). Other than that, rising pound from far away.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Star King: that's the problem, every good player say "I'm not good at giving advice!" At the beginning I thought it was only the players I played, but even when I posted some matches in the dedicated thread I didn't get much (except ballin, who I thank =P).

People generally tell me they don't have any advice for me, yet I still lose by a lot against them...

Olikus

Smash Champion
Star King: that's the problem, every good player say "I'm not good at giving advice!" At the beginning I thought it was only the players I played, but even when I posted some matches in the dedicated thread I didn't get much (except ballin, who I thank =P).

People generally tell me they don't have any advice for me, yet I still lose by a lot against them...
^This.

Most people dont know how to explain why they are good, or how you can practise to become better, or what your doing wrong.

I allso think its weird that only ballin answered sangokus post in the video critic thread when he posted a bunch of matches. I dont say that everyone is good at giving advice, people like King Funk and Mahie most likely have a talent in giving advice, but only one respons too all those matches. I smell more lazyness than everyone dont know how to give any advise at all.

Battlecow

Play to Win
People aren't required to give advice. It's not like it becomes your responsibility to educate your lessers. That being said, it's a nice thing to do.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Of course nobody has to give advice, but I thought helping others was the goal of the board. That's why I don't complain too much about not getting tips though.

Battlecow's use of comma sounds french. Looks like he's more froggish that an actual american...

By the way Olikus, next time we play I can try to give you some advices but you know I'm not as good as some other smashers lol.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Battlecow's style of typing is amazing. I can imagine the tone and inflection of his voice as I read.

With advice, it's weird. You can give specific tips here and there but ultimately what it's going to come down to is the usual: "play players slightly better than yourself to see what they are doing that you are not". Getting better is ultimately experience and a lot of people aren't going to bother by watching through however many minutes of footage they gain no pleasure in watching as they are at a higher level of play.

I guess it just depends how altruistic people feel at the time. Which is going to be rare. Honestly I only tried to help out Surri because I wanted to watch Peek anyway lol.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Haha I should play against someone with an amazing char I guess. It's true that peek is enjoyable to watch, but still I don't think all the people who helped surri only wanted to watch peek.

People could have just watched my vids for fun and if a tip came to mind they could say it :(.

On topic: why do we refer to jigg as "she"? I don't think I would say "she" in french, so I was wondering.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Yeah, you're right. I spoke on behalf of myself and didn't consider the fact that some people watch your videos for fun and for that I'm sorry.

I refer to Jiggs as a she because she wears bows. Either it's a female or an incredibly gay male.

Battlecow

Play to Win

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Whenever I write a comma splice I change it to a semicolon for grammatical correctness. I figure that the fact that I wanted to use a comma means the ideas are related enough for a semicolon.

What does it mean to "bro out"?

Oh yeah ... about jiggs ... you can approach almost all characters from above. Samus's bair has great horizontal range but is much easier to hit from above.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Oh, DrunkEness said "don't make me bro out on you!" when I was chilling with you guys... I thought it was pretty funny.

killmaster

Smash Apprentice
Jigg can't throw combo samus, she's too floaty.
best option is to wait for opportinity and always watch out for the bair.
also jigg can edgeguard semi-easily samus ... keep that in mind, b-throw + edgeguard :p

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Alright so I was playing with a couple of people today and one of my mates used FSmash>rest as a shield break finisher. Can someone (preferably a TASer) confirm this? It worked twice and my mate had the shield button let go so I'm confident it's legit.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
That's hot. It's such a bada*s finisher. Though they could probably kick out of their dazed stance before the rest animation finishes though lol.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
^^^ I'm pretty sure of that.
That shield break wouldn't be a good idea, even cool though.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Nar it'd work because once it happens everyone in the room is scratching their heads or going crazy as to what the hell just happened. Opposition won't have time to button mash.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Rest usually finishes before the shield break does (depending on the % Falcon's at, since the higher your % is, the faster you will recover from your shieldbreak).

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Rest usually finishes before the shield break does (depending on the % Falcon's at, since the higher your % is, the faster you will recover from your shieldbreak).
I disagree with this, since it'd depend on how fast you press the right buttons in order to recover faster from the shield break.

And if you're at a really high %, there's no need for a Jigg to go after a shield break, when a simple grab would get the job done though. >__>

The Star King

Smash Hero
I disagree with this, since it'd depend on how fast you press the right buttons in order to recover faster from the shield break.
I didn't think you could "recover" from a shield break. Can someone confirm this?

And if you're at a really high %, there's no need for a Jigg to go after a shield break, when a simple grab would get the job done though. >__>
This is true, I was just putting that out there because I didn't want someone correcting me lol

Also IDK why I said "Falcon".

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I always thought you could button mash to recover from a shield break. Might be confusing that with Sing though.

TheFooL

Smash Cadet
Dsmash is definitely Jiggs most versatile move. I was able to beat Chris' Falcon, only once though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Jigglypuff is a very versatile character with a very versatile moveset that really exhibits her overall versatility as a character. her uptilt is a very versatile move taat is versatile for edgeguarding and it is versatile for combos so this makes it a very good move

her up b is a good move too very versatile

as is her down smash is a very versatile edge guarding tool and u can also use it as a spotter dodger

Top Bottom