• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff for Brawl - AKA the Jiggernaught!

pugfug90

Smash Apprentice
We now have 4 playable pokemon for Brawl, Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard. Hope there's room for one more!

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Yeah thats one of the perks of having those kind of characters.

I have doubts Jiggs will make it in even though she is my favorite smash character. I think i'll have to use my secondary if she doesnt make it.

pugfug90

Smash Apprentice
Why the doubt? I mean, I am too xD, just wondering your reasoning. Why should she be in? It's a running joke that she's the first/easiest to unlock, she's everyone's favorite to beat up on, she's been in both games, she's popular in Japan.

Now why not? On top of saturation of Pokemon, there is also becoming of saturation of balloons with Meta Knight. Plus, she's never really been a "real" video game character, while Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot, has his own games. Then again, neither are "pokemon trainer" lol.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I think that a good Final Smash for Jiggly would be maybe something like Hyper Voice.

Maybe it doesn't seem all there but it's an idea.

Wouldn't it be nice? Kinda like Donkey Kong's Final Smash [with the clapping] except with a fluffy little pink ball screaming out her lungs?

I think it's only an idea.

What ya think?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Like Jigglypuff could make it into ANY of the Smash Bros games yet alone Brawl...

that'll be the day...

MageNinja

Smash Cadet
First of all Jiggernaut is a GIRL! Don't be confused.

Anyway, I'm very confident about a new skill list for her, as Sakurai mentioned how the Special moves will act.

Off-topic(kinda): I forgot who that guy was with the Peach sig, whoever he is I wanna say:

"No! Real men use Jigglypuff!"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
First of all Jiggernaut is a GIRL! Don't be confused.

Anyway, I'm very confident about a new skill list for her, as Sakurai mentioned how the Special moves will act.

Off-topic(kinda): I forgot who that guy was with the Peach sig, whoever he is I wanna say:

"No! Real men use Jigglypuff!"
Real Men use Pichu

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Jigglypuff is my main so i hope she returns
By all technicallity I don't know if we can really consider Jiggs a male OR female...it was never confirmed but I destinctly remember them using a "He" on the melee site...or was it the 64...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ok seriously I have never seen a Jigglypuff thread in like the last 5 pages so I don't see anything wrong by making this.

I'm sick and tired of those n00bs who don't think Jigglypuff will be part of Brawl. He was part of the original 12 so he won't be removed.

Do you think that Nintendo will confirm Jigglypuff soon or after it comes out since its a secret character. But then again Jigglypuff is the simplist secret character and also appeared in the Intro of SSBM.

Also, seeing that Jigglypuff's N64 playing style is completly different from his SSBM playing style do you think that his SSBB will be much different?
Sacrfices must be made! Ha! Jiggly on Brawl!? What a laugh! Him/her confirmed? Ok ok, it's not a senseless pipe dream, but I just don't see Jiggs making another appearance unless Jiggs is an assist trophy or something. Heh, her only chance into making it on the Brawl roster is if Sakurai truly has a soft spot in his heart for Jigglypuff fan boys. Other than that, her pink bread is toast!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
*slaps shadenexus*

Jigg is Part of Smash, Jigg IS Smash!.
*glares at Shuma* That wasn't cool man! What the fudge? Jiggs is yet another one of those annoying "comic relief" fighters. Sorry man but they all can't come a infect our beautiful 3rd sequel to Smash with there goofy antics. Besides, we already have Yoshi reserved for SSB punching bag, and I'm pretty sure that there are a handful of other comic relief characters coming.....unfortunately. Still, I just don't see Jiggs as one of them. Sad isn't it? The little cotton candy of fluff has lost it's significance to Smash.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Since when is Smash a "serious" game, come on... Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Peach, Kirby?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Since when is Smash a "serious" game, come on... Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Peach, Kirby?
Good question, lemme enlighten you.

Semi-serious characters- Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Peach, Bowser, Ice Climbers

Serious characters- Samus, Falcon, Fox, Falco, Roy, Marth, Link, Zelda, Mewtwo, Ganon

Comic relief characters- Yoshi, Kirby, Pichu, Game & Watch, and JIGGLYPUFF!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well then... don't use Jiggs.

Besides... i must get revenge on the little *******.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well then... don't use Jiggs.

Besides... i must get revenge on the little *******.
Since Smash 64 all the way up until now, I haven't touched him or tried to play with em.

Well.....I have to admit it, Jiggs does make for a punching bag, I'll give you that much, whether it be some easy advanced player using em, a level 9 cpu, or just you causal comic relief training dummy.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
Good question, lemme enlighten you.

Semi-serious characters- Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Peach, Bowser, Ice Climbers

Serious characters- Samus, Falcon, Fox, Falco, Roy, Marth, Link, Zelda, Mewtwo, Ganon

Comic relief characters- Yoshi, Kirby, Pichu, Game & Watch, and JIGGLYPUFF!

Sakurai created Kirby which is what really made him big so i doubt he sees him as a joke. Real comic relief characters are like Dan Hibiki from street fighter. From wiki

"Due to his weak and slow moves, Dan is widely regarded as a joke character, not to be used for any serious competition. He is also popular as a handicap to skilled players, as his weakness makes winning matches more difficult when against notably powerful characters such as Ryu, Ken and Charlie. As such, selecting Dan can in itself be seen as a taunt, since doing so implies high confidence that a player is superior in skill to his or her opponent."

Kirby, pikachu, jigglypuff are far from being comic relief characters. Someone like pichu etc yes

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff is so classic, they just couldn't get rid of her, could they? I wuv me my jiggs.

I wouldn't mind getting some tweaked moves for her, though. Most of her specials are all kinda hard to pull off, sadly, so I wouldn't mind it if her sing and her sleep move were tweaked to make jiggy a little less reliant on her smash moves.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I have no doubt in my mind that Jigglypuff will return in Brawl, as she should because she is a great character. Maybe this time she can get a few tweaks in her moves like her sing to make it effective, not only last until it ends. >.> Jiggernaut for Brawl!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So because a character is what YOU consider comic relief, they shouldn't return?

What kind of logic is that? Jigglypuff and Mewtwo need to return!

greenblob

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is both higher up on the tier list and more likely to return than the little Fire Emblem ad (AKA Roy).

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Jiggy for Brawl!!!
Oh wait, she is already in, kinda :p
it would be weird not having her
I think her final smash would be Hyper Voice, but she could also have an attack that has not appeared in Pokemon, like Pikachu's Bolt Tackle

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Jiggy for Brawl!!!
Oh wait, she is already in, kinda :p
it would be weird not having her
I think her final smash would be Hyper Voice, but she could also have an attack that has not appeared in Pokemon, like Pikachu's Bolt Tackle
What do you mean have an attack that hasn't appeared in Pokemon? Pikachu's Volt Tackle was shown in the anime and was in the games as well. :/

-Knight

Darkurai

Smash Master
If you ask me, since the original eight are already confirmed, I say the other four from the original have a 99.9% chance.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Jigglypuff can be Male or Female in the pokemon games. So really what gender you call it in SSB is up to you.

-Knight
Actually it's up to the creators of Smash...who crearly write "He" on everything about him...

Jigglypuff is both a species and an individual with a rather ununique name

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ROFL.

Yea, Luigi gets the boot and is getting replaced by Sora.
1) Why would Sora of all people, a 3rd Party character replace Luigi...a MAIN nintendo Character

2) If anyone from Square gets in, it would be Geno

SonicMario

Smash Master
Basically Jigglypuff has as much of a chance as Luigi, and Captain Falcon (left out ness because of the Lucas debate <_<) in being playable. Which ranks him/her (WHATEVER "IT" IS) in the very high chances right about now. And Jiggs will also probably be the 1st unlockable again. I at 1st didn't have that much respect for Jiggs until i beat Event 51 with Jiggs. Still i don't use Jiggs much, but i don't use Jiggs as a punching bag much anymore.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Actually it's up to the creators of Smash...who crearly write "He" on everything about him...

Jigglypuff is both a species and an individual with a rather ununique name
"He" is a very common pronoun, and it's used to discribe alot of things( Like assuming if someone is a guy on the forums and they're actually female"). That's why I said it's up to prefrence. So it could just be the developers using the pronoun "He' because it's the first thing the comes to mind.

I mean did you ever look at Jigglypuff's alt costumes?

Regardless that's not important. Jiggypuff would seem to have a great chance of appearing in SSB, not because it's From the fabled "Omg I cannot be touched original" but because in Japan it's popularity is still high. If Jigglypuff wasn't popular; you can bet it wouldn't be in Brawl.

-Knight

Top Bottom