• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

Veril

Frame Savant
Here's how to unlock everyone:

"play" vs. Matches with a CPU.
1 - stock, stamina mode (minimum hp)
special brawl: fast mode, flower.

Start a match. Turn off the tv. Press start 3 times whenever the controler shakes (indicating the end of a match).

The matches take seconds. Do this for a little while while doing... anything else... and you'll unlock everyone.

My roommate and I came up with this when Brawl first came out and we wanted to use everyone.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Here's how to unlock everyone:

"play" vs. Matches with a CPU.
1 - stock, stamina mode (minimum hp)
special brawl: fast mode, flower.

Start a match. Turn off the tv. Press start 3 times whenever the controler shakes (indicating the end of a match).

The matches take seconds. Do this for a little while while doing... anything else... and you'll unlock everyone.

My roommate and I came up with this when Brawl first came out and we wanted to use everyone.
And I though custom brawl didn't count.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
after a blocked pound, how long does it take for a shield to completely recover, and what's the time window to use the next pound and break the shield before the shield has regenerated enough so as to not break but just get very small?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Hm the amount of time it takes a sheild to recover depends on how long you go without using it.

I think if you Pound a shield they'll be able to sheild grab you before you can get one in. Check the frame data for specifics on when moves end and start.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, partially since jiggs vs wiggs would be such an amazing battle. but I think I'd main them both, since wigglytuff would probably be a heavy character with a great ground game. The closest thing we have to wigglytuff now is probably DDD.

Also I appreciate the attempt guys but neither of you actually answered my question. I might as well test it out myself.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I would definitely play Wigglytuff, Look at my sig.

EDIT: ...I forgot to make it show up. But I have Wigglytuff instead of Jigglypuff, I swear ._.
It's true he does. I've seen it.

Also you're still not understanding my question Veril. Don't worry about it though, i'll test it and put it up in an info thread later

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
...Has anyone ever cancelled a sing onstage? I was fighting a computer Charizard to pass time while a Halo map pack downloaded and... I don't really know what happened. The attack began and then ended. The notes appeared and stuff...I dunno.

I saved the replay if anyone wants it. I have no idea what happened. :\

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
So. I watched the replay a bunch. False alarm. A little flicker of Charizard's flame breath hit when I started the move, so the little pulses didn't disappear for a moment.

sorry. o:

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
yep, it dodgnes a lot of attacks actually. Jiggs becomes completely two dimensional at one point, so any attack that doesn't touch the ground can't hit her. I once down/up (it's one or the other) taunted to dodge samus's charged shot. Really pissed off the other guy.

I was like "that's why I play jigglypuff"
And jigglypuff was like "hell's yeah!"

It was awesome, and not at all a stoner moment, contrary to it's description.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Wigg's only 14 pounds heavier than Jiggs.

I'd prefer to use Miss 'Puff.
excellent reasearch there, but then you also know that wigglytuff is signiffficantly larger in size than jigglypuff, make it it bowser sized (and with similar power) which would beg the question, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO BOWSER? actually, nevermind bowser, EVERYONE in brawl is disproportional to their real sizes.

Sorry for double post guys.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
excellent reasearch there, but then you also know that wigglytuff is signiffficantly larger in size than jigglypuff, make it it bowser sized (and with similar power) which would beg the question, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO BOWSER? actually, nevermind bowser, EVERYONE in brawl is disproportional to their real sizes.

Sorry for double post guys.
Olimar is the size of a quarter. Much more disproportionate than anyone else. And why is pikachu as big as TL?

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
If you don't mind, I have some newbie questions that I was hoping I could get answers to.

-When should I use neutral air as opposed to forward air?
-Excluding up tilt, are there viable uses for Jigglypuff's tilts?
-Other than jab lock, are Jiggly's jabs used for something?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Edgegaurding. Nair is awesome at it! The lingering hitbox is so helpful, most of the time it can set up for a Fair off stage. The late hitbox is amazing because it has little knockback to it which helps you follow up with stuff. It's nice on the ground because it makes pretty much your whole body a hitbox. Definately one of her best aerials.

Also I've heard that the late hitbox can combo into Rest.

Unfortunately there really isnt besides getting damage. Out of Dtilt and Ftilt I'd say Ftilt is better.

Just to get damage pretty much.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
*copies what Air did*

What Air said, but nair is great on some characters, since you can chain hits with it quite easily. Fair generally knocks them back way too far for this. Also, you'll want to use fair less as your opponent's damage gets between 60% (or so) and killing percent, so your other moves can unstale it. Fair is sexy at killing, nair generally isn't (outside of WoP kills), so I'd say those are when nair > fair.

ftilt: "gtfo" kick, though, usually a grab > ftilt.
dtilt: DACUS set up (?), otherwise none.

Jiggs' jabs come out quite quickly, and they're really not weak, so you can often surprise somebody with a couple of quick jabs before doing something else. It's easy percent done.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
well, just asking any other jigglypuff mains going to inter the otl tourney online. There going to be alot of people over 100 I think. There is a great prize for the winner. So any other joining. There are only two jigglypuff mains one being me entering so far >.>

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
well, just asking any other jigglypuff mains going to inter the otl tourney online. There going to be alot of people over 100 I think. There is a great prize for the winner. So any other joining. There are only two jigglypuff mains one being me entering so far >.>
yurs, I'm already entered in that. I generally do all the online tourneys I can, since I can't go to real ones. Soyah. :3

It's called the "Grand OTL Tournament", btw, for anyone else who sees this and wants to know the name. It's a 128 person tournament with a $60-$90 dollar prize (in Wii Points).

Thanks a shipload, Air and Spoon. Not much else to say, just wanted to acknowledge your help =D
No problem. ;3

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Man, that video gave me motion sickness. I however, am definitely not able to go unless by some miracle or divine prank. I'll definitely watch the videos though...and listen to the inevitable SMYN podcast on it.

But hey, I give my full support and wish luck to anyone going.

Top Bottom