• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Framerate

Smash Lord
I just had a really good puff ditto on FG. Guy's tag was just "s". Dude, you shoulda stuck around! It was a sweet match!

Last edited:

Soup's On!

Smash Cadet
So I've spent some time trying to find other characters to play as in Smash 4. I have a few I'd like to work on getting to a playable state.

But the default fighter I've fallen back to when it's time to get serious is the one I played in Melee, the balloon.

Smash games come and go, but Jigg mains are forever.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
So Hbox dropped puff for DDD
I'm glad he did it. Now he can finally get serious. (Since he didn't really seem comfortable using puff)

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Here's to hoping he comes back to her someday, but I wouldn't really mind too much either way. It's a new game, he should feel free to play who he wants.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
After spending a few hours playing against our resident Sheik in GA, I have decided that if I go up against a significant Sheik at CEO, I will probably go Jigglypuff. That is also pretty likely, considering Master Raven is in my bracket pool.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
After spending a few hours playing against our resident Sheik in GA, I have decided that if I go up against a significant Sheik at CEO, I will probably go Jigglypuff. That is also pretty likely, considering Master Raven is in my bracket pool.
Why puff over Wario?

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
So, you're saying we have an okay matchup against her? What brought you to that conclusion, just how the matchup felt or...

Aquamentii

Smash Apprentice
I picked up Jiggs earlier this week and she's so much fun. You can see the salt levels rise in people every time you space around aerials and then you hit them up with rest and it's probably the most satisfying move in the game to hit. Do yall think it's more satysfying to hit rest as a punish or a read? I think as a punish bc the other person knows it was their fault.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
So, you're saying we have an okay matchup against her? What brought you to that conclusion, just how the matchup felt or...
I also think we have a good matchup since she can't air combo/juggle us, and needles don't really do much against us.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
So Hbox dropped puff for DDD
Well, he didn't for CEO apparently. Really good stuff to Hungrybox. Didn't expect him to do nearly as well as he did. I got hyped when he was actually able to take out Dabuz when they 1v1. I really doubted he was going to go that far with ZeRo, but that's what happens when you sleep on someone. It's so much more hype to see Puff in Sm4sh rather than in Melee.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Well, he didn't for CEO apparently. Really good stuff to Hungrybox. Didn't expect him to do nearly as well as he did. I got hyped when he was actually able to take out Dabuz when they 1v1. I really doubted he was going to go that far with ZeRo, but that's what happens when you sleep on someone. It's so much more hype to see Puff in Sm4sh rather than in Melee.
That's just doubles though. I think he's going DDD in singles

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
DDD doesn't play nice in doubles while Jiggs has punish-free Rests aplenty, plus Hbox already has tons of doubles experience with Puff overall. Not really a question.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I am now thinking Hbox's change to DDD is smart. He plays Sm4sh puff like melee puff, and you can tell it doesnt work for him. He got lots of rests. but that happens in doubles often. He kept approaching with Bair, and spacing with fair, which is backwards for sm4sh puff. He didnt use pound except for recovery, which doesnt help and messes with your recovery. He never punished shields with pound or dair either. He is gonna have a tough time playing the same character between games, especially when they play differently. I think it's smart to go to DDD, as he can focus on his melee puff, and continue his DDD fundamentals from brawl. He will probably use puffs for certain matchups and doubles, but DDD is a better choice.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
I am now thinking Hbox's change to DDD is smart. He plays Sm4sh puff like melee puff, and you can tell it doesnt work for him. He got lots of rests. but that happens in doubles often. He kept approaching with Bair, and spacing with fair, which is backwards for sm4sh puff. He didnt use pound except for recovery, which doesnt help and messes with your recovery. He never punished shields with pound or dair either. He is gonna have a tough time playing the same character between games, especially when they play differently. I think it's smart to go to DDD, as he can focus on his melee puff, and continue his DDD fundamentals from brawl. He will probably use puffs for certain matchups and doubles, but DDD is a better choice.
It's disappointing but I understand. I still think it's more important to try and convince someone with crazy good Puff fundamentals come and develop our meta a little...

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
It's disappointing but I understand. I still think it's more important to try and convince someone with crazy good Puff fundamentals come and develop our meta a little...
IDK man this sounds kind of entitled. I mean if you want someone to develop the meta why not do it yourself? (I know it would be easier for him, but life ain't easy :p )

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
Did you guys see hbox play 1v1 ? i only saw him playing doubles with zero, and he used villager pretty well i gotta say.

And @Reflex : I saw you play a sheik yesterday and no puff ;'(

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Fundamentals are always nice, but Smash 4 Puff is not Melee Puff- they might as well be different characters. Hungrybox keeping Puff wouldn't do much, if anything, for out meta, and would really only ending up hurting him. At least with Dedede he might get some better results, and I support his decision.

Last edited:

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
I picked up Jiggs earlier this week and she's so much fun. You can see the salt levels rise in people every time you space around aerials and then you hit them up with rest and it's probably the most satisfying move in the game to hit. Do yall think it's more satysfying to hit rest as a punish or a read? I think as a punish bc the other person knows it was their fault.
Read because it's more satisfying. I think a read brings more salt out oft opponents too. (Out of people I played)

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I've always had a pocket jiggs that I pull out in friendlies for fun, but after watching Hbox in doubles this past weekend, I may consider using jiggs as my doubles main ^^

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
I've always had a pocket jiggs that I pull out in friendlies for fun, but after watching Hbox in doubles this past weekend, I may consider using jiggs as my doubles main ^^
Yeah, Jiggs is awesome for doubles.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
IDK man this sounds kind of entitled. I mean if you want someone to develop the meta why not do it yourself? (I know it would be easier for him, but life ain't easy :p )
Fundamentals are always nice, but Smash 4 Puff is not Melee Puff- they might as well be different characters. Hungrybox keeping Puff wouldn't do much, if anything, for out meta, and would really only ending up hurting him. At least with Dedede he might get some better results, and I support his decision.
Yeah, sorry, the player in me doesn't always rationalize what the spectator in me desires

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
It's alright- a big player is a big deal, and so is losing Hungrybox as one of ours. Just that when you analyze it, he didn't gain much from playing puff, and he didn't benefit us too much either as far as meta development goes- really, a change like this was bound to happen.

Last edited:

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Playing the same character across different games gets complicated. Main reason why you don't see M2K use Sheik in Smash 4.

I have played Mario in all the Smashes.. but I still play PM competitively, so playing him in Smash 4 hurts both games.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
I'm hoping he switches to Villager. That'd be fun :p

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
I'm hoping he switches to Villager. That'd be fun :p
Yeah, Villager is amazing. I'd like to see what Hbox can do with him, but in doubles he seemed to be pretty average. I can tell he was just trying to do all of his spacey moves, and not die so ZeRo can have extra stocks, but he wasn't going all out. Singles at EVO?

Top Bottom