• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff used Rest! (Moveset thread)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Welp, everyone keeps telling me Jigglypuff in Smash 3DS is way better than Brawl. Think we could get some videos of her moves, so we can see what, if any, changes have been made? This will help a lot in planning out how to best utilize her in battle, as well.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
She seems buffed in general. Less lag on most ground moves, slightly improved hitboxes, and larger shield. Fsmash and Utilt are faster, Dair actually traps with all hits.

Spirst

Anyone know anything about rest yet? Was it improved from Brawl?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Somebody said that Rest recovers MUCH FASTER if you hit an opponent with it, to the point where if they live they can't punish you. Though its ONLY if you hit them, its normal recovery if you miss.

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE.

Spirst

Somebody said that Rest recovers MUCH FASTER if you hit an opponent with it, to the point where if they live they can't punish you. Though its ONLY if you hit them, its normal recovery if you miss.

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE.
I'm interested in the trajectory of the attack. In Melee, you could get a blast KO while in Brawl, it was always straight up. If that's reverted and her cooldown time on a successfully landed rest is nerfed, it'd be quite the move.

i some one said roll out charge time was better
That'd be cool. Might make rollout actually useful.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm interested in the trajectory of the attack. In Melee, you could get a blast KO while in Brawl, it was always straight up. If that's reverted and her cooldown time on a successfully landed rest is nerfed, it'd be quite the move.
Nah, I was watching in one of the livestreams, Jiggly did rest and it sent the opponent straight up like in Brawl, and it still has the flower effect as well. Im still not sure about the rest recovery time though.

Spirst

Nah, I was watching in one of the livestreams, Jiggly did rest and it sent the opponent straight up like in Brawl, and it still has the flower effect as well. Im still not sure about the rest recovery time though.
Oh, goddamn it. Then hopefully, it kills at an earlier percentage instead of being pretty meh like from Brawl. The fact that combos actually exist again would help her setup into rest.

Last edited:

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman

That'd be cool. Might make rollout actually useful.
roll out was useful with good timing

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Oh, goddamn it. Then hopefully, it kills at an earlier percentage instead of being pretty meh like from Brawl. The fact that combos actually exist again would help her setup into rest.
Well like I was saying if what I've heard is true, Jigglypuff can land rest on opponents and recover fast enough from her sleep that they can't punish her even if they live. That alone would make the move viable again.

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
I guess since comboing into rest will be a thing now, it could just be a good finisher, like knee or something. Although, if the original knockback returns... good times will be had

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I just hope there's a custom move that let's me have something better than sing. Rollout too.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Custom moves have to adhere to the rule of keeping part of the animations of the original special intact. Once that is taken care of, anything for the move is fair game. Megaman proved it with his Beat special only using his going-up animation, and Pikachu proved it even further by having a custom Thunder special that doesn't even summon a bolt, but instead the attack comes from within Pikachu.

Going by this rule, Jigglypuff could easily have a different attacks in place of Sing. Dazzling Gleam, Hyper Voice, you name it, just as long as she goes through at least some of the Sing animation to perform it.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Calling it now, her variations of Rest are a Healing Rest and Melee Rest (less chance of hit, but more powerful)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pound has a different aerial momentum to it now. It comes out way faster now, but also makes her sit in the air much longer, she just stops dead in her tracks for almost a second, a bit afraid it might be too easy to punish now.

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Pound has a different aerial momentum to it now. It comes out way faster now, but also makes her sit in the air much longer, she just stops dead in her tracks for almost a second, a bit afraid it might be too easy to punish now.
Well the good part is if you use it against someone else who's in the air, if they airdodge than they keep falling and you don't so they can't really punish it easily. It can also be a recovery/stall move.

We'll see. Pound was never her most used move anyways, so I don't think it's going to be less used than before :p

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Well the good part is if you use it against someone else who's in the air, if they airdodge than they keep falling and you don't so they can't really punish it easily. It can also be a recovery/stall move.

We'll see. Pound was never her most used move anyways, so I don't think it's going to be less used than before :p
i always used it to block projectiles mid air or recover....

for some reason i liked using it on all the sword characters but idk if thats really a good thing to do.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Gema showed a few of Jigglypuff's custom moves.

Sing 2: Gives it three different hitboxes! The last hit KO'd Peach at 120% or so.
Sing 3: Gives it reflector properties like Mario's Cape, but also very slow. Because of the slow speed, it might not be useful, UNLESS Jigglypuff can cancel Sing by touching the ledge like in Brawl, then it'd be very useful.

Rest 2: Jigglypuff jumps upwards like Sonic, but falls asleep at the peak. This acts as her 3rd jump. HOWEVER, it doesn't sweetspot edges, so it's probably a bit useless. At the cost of the height, the power is reduced to Brawl's Rest.

Also, Jigglypuff still KOs herself if her shield breaks.

Last edited:

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Too bad there doesn't seem to be any "fairy"ness added byway of new moves, but it seems her aerial play is still great and her ground game suffers from less of the lag and pitiful range which plagued her in Brawl.

Maybe it's just the game physics but she seems to be less airy and god-awfully slow, which is a good thing.

If her Rest game is the real deal we have got a solid Puff back in our hands

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Gema showed a few of Jigglypuff's custom moves.

Sing 2: Gives it three different hitboxes! The last hit KO'd Peach at 120% or so.
Sing 3: Gives it reflector properties like Mario's Cape, but also very slow. Because of the slow speed, it might not be useful, UNLESS Jigglypuff can cancel Sing by touching the ledge like in Brawl, then it'd be very useful.

Rest 2: Jigglypuff jumps upwards like Sonic, but falls asleep at the peak. This acts as her 3rd jump. HOWEVER, it doesn't sweetspot edges, so it's probably a bit useless. At the cost of the height, the power is reduced to Brawl's Rest.

Also, Jigglypuff still KOs herself if her shield breaks.
Sing 2 sounds great, already the optimal one

Sing 3 sounds incredibly trollish if your opponent doesn't know it reflects

I don't quite understand what you mean by Rest 2 and how it works, so I guess I'll just see how it works in action myself

Im still quite interested to see how custom rollout is going to work

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Rest 3 better be Melee rest. It better be.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Sing 2 sounds great, already the optimal one

Sing 3 sounds incredibly trollish if your opponent doesn't know it reflects

I don't quite understand what you mean by Rest 2 and how it works, so I guess I'll just see how it works in action myself

Im still quite interested to see how custom rollout is going to work
It's hard to explain, lol. She does Rest, but also jumps upward like Sonic or Mega Man's up-B. That's all it is. She doesn't grab the ledge while asleep, she's still a bit vunerable, and the power is slightly reduced, so I don't think it's very useful.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
B-AIR HAS A SWEETSPOT! Just confirmed on Zipzos stream, it kills really , at least in Allstar (hard mode) . Also rest confirmed to be between Brawl and Mewlee in power. Much more powerful than in Brawl from what it seems.

R
est isn't as weak as in brawl imho.

EDIT: I'll update it once he shows how it is against "normal" characters.

Sweetspot has nice knockback and does around 13% , without 6% i believe. The Hungrybox trick cannot be done anymore though, at least not the same way.

Last edited:

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
.Shìkì said:
Sweetspot has nice knockback and does around 13% , without 6% i believe. The Hungrybox trick cannot be done anymore though, at least not the same way.
Well THAT'S interesting...

Last edited:

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
B-AIR HAS A SWEETSPOT! Just confirmed on Zipzos stream, it kills really , at least in Allstar (hard mode) . Also rest confirmed to be between Brawl and Mewlee in power. Much more powerful than in Brawl from what it seems.

R
est isn't as weak as in brawl imho.

EDIT: I'll update it once he shows how it is against "normal" characters.

What's the hungry box trick? Staying above them and hitting them with the bottom end of the bair?

Top Bottom