• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

jiggs a snake counter???

TheStig

Smash Lord
there really isn't a snake counter, because he's too gay. i don't think i can go back to melee because i can't l-cancel or wavedash very well like i used to.

napZzz

Smash Hero
toon link is a counter if you suck with snake and they think they spam kings

I took bowyers advice and playing melee is actually fun! You should try it

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
i don't think i can go back to melee because i can't l-cancel or wavedash very well like i used to.
It only took me like a few hours to relearn l canceling and wavedashing again. Its really not that hard to go back to it and I would seriously recomend doing so.

KMAY

Smash Apprentice
Melee does suck, people should stop living in the past

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Don't listen to Bowyer, he's just mad that he sucks.
I won more in brawl, not to say that I don't win a lot in melee. I gave brawl a real shot and was an advocator of brawl for a couple months and then in the middle of a tournament I decided, "**** it, this game sucks", and quit before brackets started. So yeah, brawl blows a big fat hard one.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I won more in brawl, not to say that I don't win a lot in melee. I gave brawl a real shot and was an advocator of brawl for a couple months and then in the middle of a tournament I decided, "**** it, this game sucks", and quit before brackets started. So yeah, brawl blows a big fat hard one.
Don't listen to Bowyer, he's just mad that he sucks.
My post still stands =D

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Man, I feel so badass telling people their favorite game sucks. I'm sure just by saying they're wrong that I can completely change their mind.

CervPurp63

Smash Apprentice
we all miss old rest... we all do.... btw, the only way to counter snake is to have more skill than the snake player. Unless there are some counterpick stages against snake.... discuss?

Glick

Smash Lord
I never really have problems against snake.
Just jump over traps, trick him into smashing, juggle him.

WOP works and that stupid recovery is totally overrated. Just wait for it to be almost over and send him flying again!

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
cause of wall O pain...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Okay seriously. No hitstun + multiple airdodges = no WoP. Jiggs can still turn the ground into hell with Rollout if characters like TL try to Dair or whatever, or if she can put distance. Otherwise, all her advantages went poof with Brawl. Dair Rest still works a little, but still less effective.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I honestly see the match up going in favour of Jiggs to some degree. Sweet spotted Fair always knocks Snake out of his Cypher, and if for whatever reason he decides to Cypher onto the stage instead of clinging to the edge, he's eating a Roll Out and is back to square one. Attempting to KO snake into the blastzones is not the objective here, as you will likely fail to do so with Snakes obsurd weight.

Snakes main weapons against you are his Mortar Slide, His FTilt, UTilt, Mines, and Nades.The slide allows for him to compensate for the lack of mobility he has while facing Jiggs, as it is hard to punish and quite fast. The UTilt WILL kill Jiggs, so avoiding it is a must. FTilt also has insane priority, so it should not be challeneged. Nades will be cooked and tossed to take advantage of Jiggs lacking a projectile of her own, and the Mines will be placed in hopes of blowing you off the screen, although this likely limits Snake more than Jiggs since she will be aerial 90% of the time.

Your main strategy here is to space Pound and Bairs properly when the chance is given until Snake is at a proper percent to be moved along the stage through the use of Fairs and Throws. Jiggs is the faster and more mobile here, so capitilizing on this fact and abusing it is a must. Stay aerial to avoid Mines, and Air Dodge appropriately to weave through the FTilts and Nades being thrown your way. Avoid Rest at all costs, as it will serve you no purpose in this fight. Once you've pushed him to the edge, he is yours. Fair him every time he uses his Cypher, and predict his intentions. If he plans to cling to the edge, push him out further and Edgehog. If he tries to recover onto the stage, a Roll Out will likely push him too far away from the stage to recover.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I won't bother with the debate as your opinion on Jiggs is blatantly obvious, but I view my points on the matter to be quite valid.
lol, you are the only person on this ****ing planet that thinks a good jiggs even has a chance against a good snake. Its seriously like jiggs' hardest matchup.

Ulevo

Smash Master
lol, you are the only person on this ****ing planet that thinks a good jiggs even has a chance against a good snake. Its seriously like jiggs' hardest matchup.
G&W, Meta Knight and Marth are much harder match ups than Snake is. They have better speed to keep up with Jiggs, and almost all their moves outprioritize hers. Snake is nowhere near as bad as those three. Snake can be easily gimped once tossed off the stage.

Top Bottom