• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

jiggs counters MK and snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
lol i find that extremely funny. like low tier jiggs has advantage or MK and snake! well MK argueably neutral or advantage but advantage over snake xD discuss

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I entered this thread expecting to see reasoning, and at least a few paragraphs worth of text explaining the points. What I got was:

"Funny eh? XD, discuss."

Deidara~Tail~

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least expect, and don't say "unde
MK doesn't get ***** by anybody; that includes Jigglypuff, so the odds can't fall under Jiggly's favors. The best I'll go for is neutral, and Thinkaman already explained why Jigglypuff is more suitable for MK than others.

Where's your proof that Jiggly has an advantage over Snake?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Vs Meta is certainly not neutral. At least 65:35 in meta's favor, probably more. His range and priority just completely outclasses jiggs.

The only reason the jiggs and snake match is debatable is because Snake sucks in the air which is where jiggly thrives. However, Snake has the necessary tools to keep Jiggs out. Besides the fact that Jiggs has a hard time getting Snake in the air in the first place, Snake can kill her at ridiculously low percents while even a rest won't kill Snake till about 105%.

Glick

Smash Lord
Steel2nd I love that you think that jigglypuff doesn't have an equal match up to metaknight but you think that jiggz vs snake is debatable? I think not.

A good snake doesn't need to try very hard in order to beat jigglypuff. all he needs to do is break all your approaches and kill you at extremly low percents with anything. Unless your an extremly better player your going to have major trouble with him.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Sometimes Snake noobs and Jiggs noobs will say it is, me? Hell no.

It's at least 70:30 Snake.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
-sigh- people jiggs is 50:50 with MK at least because she has better air game then MK (yes its true) her specials are amazing too. i was on the snake thread and there was a thread that said "HELP WITH JIGGS" and people posting that they agree: jiggs has advantage over snake. she is uncampable due to her amazing air game, so she has better air game then snake, specials both are good, jiggs fair is jacked up. if you dont believe me see for yourself at snake forums somewhere along the middle/bottom is "help with jiggs"

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
-sigh- people jiggs is 50:50 with MK at least because she has better air game then MK (yes its true) her specials are amazing too. i was on the snake thread and there was a thread that said "HELP WITH JIGGS" and people posting that they agree: jiggs has advantage over snake. she is uncampable due to her amazing air game, so she has better air game then snake, specials both are good, jiggs fair is jacked up. if you dont believe me see for yourself at snake forums somewhere along the middle/bottom is "help with jiggs"
hahahahhahahah

HAHAHAHAH

haha

ha

ok.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
That mustn't have been a very good snake.
XD, Muba made that thread because I destroyed him. :p

EDIT: On topic, I think both Meta Knight and Snake are even, 50:50 matchups.

Jiggs fights MK better or as good as anyone else... She has a good advantage against Snake until the u-tilt says hi and evens things out.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
omg...
gve a good reason PLEASE!
i would LOVE for jiggs to be a meta counter.
lol.
i already said that jiggs has at least 50:50 on MK because she has superior air agme to MK and both have amazing specials. MK is better on t he ground tho. but jiggs is an air person so you shouldnt be on the air for too long anyways. and snake i already listed too

brinboy789

Smash Champion
XD, Muba made that thread because I destroyed him. :p

EDIT: On topic, I think both Meta Knight and Snake are even, 50:50 matchups.

Jiggs fights MK better or as good as anyone else... She has a good advantage against Snake until the u-tilt says hi and evens things out.
utilt says hi to entire brawl crew.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
You guys aren't fighting the right players here. Metaknight can tornado spam on jiggly and juggle her with no real trouble, and of the stage you've got no answer to Meta's D-air except to lose a lot of height. Meta can kill off the top as well with a glide attack.

I'll admit that this matchup is not as troubling as pretty much any character with a projectile (like Falco...) or Marth, but Metaknight has an advantage.

Snake on the other hand just flat out destroys Jigglypuff. The dash attack hitbox of his mortar slide is pretty good for out-prioritizing you whenever he feels like it. He can uptilt through any of your moves, and his C4 and grenades kill at very low %.

If you're not getting hit by grenades or C4, then find better Snake players. I can't stress that enough, DSF's style of tilt tilt tilt is very much gone by the wayward, and the modern Snake is camping and bouncing around the stage like a cheetah setting you up for explosives, and tilting on opportunities and in some cases, putting it directly into your butt.

N-air also has a pension for ****** your tacos and you'll find it difficult to edgeguard a good one just because they go hella high and drop explosives and b-airs on your head. And for the record you don't get hit by the first two hits of n-air, you get hit by the last two. You can often choose your fate; get hit by n-air, or eat a grenade!

Overall my point is that Snake has about 4-5 moves that are pretty good at setting Jiggly up and building damage, and they all do more damage and kill at half the percent than Jiggly's do.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Ahem, may I recall beating you in Toga's car a couple of times with ROB in singles? You know my ROB defeated your Jiggs and is getting better at it too.
Beating someone a couple of times, in a car, when they are in a side backseat, is nothing to brag about. ;)

If you are so confident, I'd be more than happy to money match you, lol!

You guys aren't fighting the right players here.
Oh, my bad, I was fighting Overswarm when I should have been fighting the actually good Meta Knight players from my region.

My bad.

Metaknight can tornado spam on jiggly
No, he can't.

and juggle her with no real trouble,
No, he can't.

and of the stage you've got no answer to Meta's D-air except to lose a lot of height.
...What?

Meta can kill off the top as well with a glide attack.
And? Jigglypuff dair is pretty much the best counter to the glide attack in the game.

I'll admit that this matchup is not as troubling as pretty much any character with a projectile (or Marth), but Metaknight has an advantage.
Since when does Jigglypuff have trouble against projectiles? Marth, yes, projectiles, no.

Snake on the other hand just flat out destroys Jigglypuff. His mortar slide is pretty good for outprioritizing you whenever he feels like it.
...You think Snake beats Jiggs because of the his mortar slide?

He can uptilt through your rests,
What does this even mean? "uptilt through your rest"? That doesn't even begin to make sense.

and his C4 and grenades kill at very low %.
I don't consider those %s low, and why would Jigglypuff be hit by that anyway? Jigglypuff is going to be dying to the u-tilt every stock, not by walking into random grenades.

N-air also has a pension for ****** your tacos and you'll find it difficult to edgeguard a good one just because they go hella high and drop explosives and b-airs on your head.
Nair is almost never going to hit Jigglypuff more than once or twice, and never the last hit.

Jiggs excels against bairing low percent Snake's off the stage for easy damage. If Jigglypuff is fairing Snake away so he can recover high, you aren't playing a good Jiggs.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
/me was sleepy and made hella typos.

You'd do well to explain how Pit, Falco, DeDeDe, Diddy, etc. don't give Jiggly any trouble either. I'm not trying to start a fight, but if projectiles don't give Jigglypuff trouble, I've been missing something here. Are you guys god tier now?

brinboy789

Smash Champion
i already said this already.
jiggs has superior aerial game then MK. both of thier specials are amazing. and MK beats jiggs on the ground but a real jiggs player shouldnt be on the ground for too long anyways.
for snake, jiggs aerial game is FAR superior to snake. snakes specials are more defensivewise, which jiggs are more offensivewise. same with MK, snake is superior in ground game but jiggs shouldnt be in the air for too long anyways.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
/me was sleepy and made hella typos.

You'd do well to explain how Pit, Falco, DeDeDe, Diddy, etc. don't give Jiggly any trouble either. I'm not trying to start a fight, but if projectiles don't give Jigglypuff trouble, I've been missing something here. Are you guys god tier now?
Jiggs doesn't have terribly fast attacks, and her priority while good isn't the best in the game. If you have either faster aerials or longer ranged aerials than Jigglypuff, the matchup instantly gets much harder.

She's also the lightest and most floaty character in the game. Her KO percentages are incredibly low.

TheStig

Smash Lord
metaknights aerials are better. they come out faster, have higher priority than j-$, and can be comboed. snake can uptilt and ftilt you all day

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Jigg's can't outprioritize Meta Knight. If a stupid Jiggs plays a stupid Meta Knight, they will just charge at each other blindly and Meta Knight will win every time.

Jiggs as the aerial mobility to space around Meta Knight's options though, with enough speed and priority of her own to get hits in. Due to Jigglypuff's aerials offering better rewards on top of this, Jigglypuff has an overall better aerial game in the matchup.

jiggly has one of the lowest aerial priorities in the game

bowyer?
What? Jiggs has always been considered as having good priority. Pound in particular is a freakin' wall. Jiggs isn't exactly DK, but she can still go to town on most of the cast if they are in the air...

Excellence

Smash Champion
Why do people post stupid things? To see themselves type and watch other noobs cling for hope?

Meta Knight vs Jigglypuff (70:30) in Meta Knight's favor.
Jigglypuff does not have a better aerial game than Meta Knight, she has better manueverability. That allows her to consistantly keep away and sometimes poke in a hit here or there, but that isn't going to win the match-up. Meta Knight is an offensive master, this means he works best on characters who consistantly stay on the defensive and prevents them from becoming offensive. Jigglypuff has nothing on Tornado, so you can be sure Meta Knight will use it to keep the damage even or approach when needed. That alone could be considered a counter to Jigglypuff's aerial manuevers. How do you suppose Jigglypuff KO a Meta Knight with normal vision? All of her attacks are slow or telegraphed. FSmash requires her to take a huge kick which makes it Power Shield > Shield Grab food, DSmash sends you downward which will allow Meta Knight to simply fly back, Rollout is never going to happen, USmash is going to happen, aerials won't work because Meta Knights overpower her own. Now let's look at Meta Knight, we've Nair, DSmash, Shuttle Loop, and Grabs to dispose of Jigglypuff. Ground game doesn't exist for Jigglypuff in this match-up.

Jiggz is a meta counter. If you know what your doing.
See the reasons above, learn that you do not know what you're doing.

i already said this already.
jiggs has superior aerial game then MK. both of thier specials are amazing. and MK beats jiggs on the ground but a real jiggs player shouldnt be on the ground for too long anyways.
for snake, jiggs aerial game is FAR superior to snake. snakes specials are more defensivewise, which jiggs are more offensivewise. same with MK, snake is superior in ground game but jiggs shouldnt be in the air for too long anyways.
See the reasons above for reguards to Meta Knight.

MANY characters have better aerial game than Snake, infact MOST do, yet they still get trampled. Please tell me how Jigglypuff will keep from being killed at 75% and how she can get Snake into the air in the first place.

KarlZ

Smash Rookie
This is some good stuff. I need to know this since I main Jigglypuff

BTW this thread is funny.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Why do people post stupid things? To see themselves type and watch other noobs cling for hope?

Meta Knight vs Jigglypuff (70:30) in Meta Knight's favor.
Jigglypuff does not have a better aerial game than Meta Knight, she has better manueverability. That allows her to consistantly keep away and sometimes poke in a hit here or there, but that isn't going to win the match-up. Meta Knight is an offensive master, this means he works best on characters who consistantly stay on the defensive and prevents them from becoming offensive. Jigglypuff has nothing on Tornado, so you can be sure Meta Knight will use it to keep the damage even or approach when needed. That alone could be considered a counter to Jigglypuff's aerial manuevers. How do you suppose Jigglypuff KO a Meta Knight with normal vision? All of her attacks are slow or telegraphed. FSmash requires her to take a huge kick which makes it Power Shield > Shield Grab food, DSmash sends you downward which will allow Meta Knight to simply fly back, Rollout is never going to happen, USmash is going to happen, aerials won't work because Meta Knights overpower her own. Now let's look at Meta Knight, we've Nair, DSmash, Shuttle Loop, and Grabs to dispose of Jigglypuff. Ground game doesn't exist for Jigglypuff in this match-up.

See the reasons above, learn that you do not know what you're doing.

See the reasons above for reguards to Meta Knight.

MANY characters have better aerial game than Snake, infact MOST do, yet they still get trampled. Please tell me how Jigglypuff will keep from being killed at 75% and how she can get Snake into the air in the first place.

for metaknight, jiggs has more power and priority in aerials. jiggs dair can work through tornado, plus a few others (see tornado thread.) drillrest can be a killer, her WoP can be a killer, rollout WILL happen, its very effective and can kill at around 60+. metaknight DOESNT overpower jiggs. jiggs has more priority and power. and yse metaknight has better ground game then jiggs. but should jiggs be on the ground for too long anyway? oh and btw im a MK mainer.

for snake, yes i know many characters have superior aerial game to snake. however, jiggs has superior aerial game to many chars, making it a candidate for the best aerial game. and jiggs is light yes, but squirtle is lighter (see weight graph). thats something all jiggs mainers have to live with. jiggs is light. ike fsmash at like 10% = kill. but still, jiggs can keep snake occupied by her aerials. and camping doesnt work on jiggs either, because of her 6 jumps, when she presses down she goes flat >_>, and other reasons.

jiggs is at LEAST neutral to both.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
for metaknight, jiggs has more power and priority in aerials. jiggs dair can work through tornado, plus a few others (see tornado thread.) drillrest can be a killer, her WoP can be a killer, rollout WILL happen, its very effective and can kill at around 60+. metaknight DOESNT overpower jiggs. jiggs has more priority and power. and yse metaknight has better ground game then jiggs. but should jiggs be on the ground for too long anyway? oh and btw im a MK mainer.

for snake, yes i know many characters have superior aerial game to snake. however, jiggs has superior aerial game to many chars, making it a candidate for the best aerial game. and jiggs is light yes, but squirtle is lighter (see weight graph). thats something all jiggs mainers have to live with. jiggs is light. ike fsmash at like 10% = kill. but still, jiggs can keep snake occupied by her aerials. and camping doesnt work on jiggs either, because of her 6 jumps, when she presses down she goes flat >_>, and other reasons.

This post just proved how little you know about these match ups.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I love hopelessly naive people, because I get to make nice meaty posts for you to chew through and hopefully choke on.

Jigglypuff DOES NOT have more power or priority than Meta Knight, you're losing credibility even saying that. She has more manueverability which can seem like priority if you're stupid. That being said, Meta Knight is also faster than her which means she probably won't get a hit in edge-wise anyway, she's just going to get pummeled and die.

Okay, so let me get this straight. You want to Dair Meta Knight's Tornado when it's coming at you from the side? Jigglypuff is going to get sucked up like everyone else. The only way to Dair a Tornado is if you do it from above; why the hell would Meta Knight use it from a predictable distance if he knows you're going to Dair it?

Dair> Rest works on someone who's actually going to let Jigglypuff get into position for that sort of thing: King Dedede, Bowser, and sometimes Donkey Kong are those types of characters, not small Meta Knight. Most Meta Knight's I see like to spam Fairs until they can get inside your range, so I don't ever see Jigglypuff getting that in. Especially if the Meta Knight has a minute knowledge of Jigglypuff's kill options.

Do you realize how fast Meta Knight is? Where will you find the time to charge Rollout and not get killed? While you're free falling? Even considering the off chance you do get to charge Rollout, Meta Knight can shield while he's on stage or abuse his many jumps and just not get hit all together. It's not like Rollout can ever be used as a surprise tactic, I'd think the sparkling pixy dust and "Jiggly" would give it away.

The rest of your facts are wrong and therefore need no explination other than that. If Jigglypuff had half as much advantages and you claimed, she wouldn't be so absent from the tournament enviornment, nor would she be where she is on the tier list.

What does telling me that Squirtle is lighter than Jigglypuff do for your arguement about her getting destroyed by Snake? As far as I'm concerned all that means to me as that they'll both be on the recieving end of a mortal UTilt at 70%. Jigglypuff will do what to Snake? Attack him with B/Dair and how that she doesn't get punched? This just another example of people not knowing how to fight certain characters. Jigglypuff being the pink piece of trash that she is isn't seen to often, therefore most Snake players don't prepare for her and have a hard time. There is nothing about Jigglypuff herself (moveset or physics) that allows her to stand up to Snake.

Oh and, just because she has 6 jumps doesn't mean a perfectly timed grenade won't kill her. The grenade will explode in mid air and thus she dies.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I consider both matchups 50:50 even, and yet everything brinboy said is pretty much wrong.

Trying to argue that Squirtle is lighter than Jiggs is where all hope was lost. (PROTIP: He isn't.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom