• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs dtilt

SSBPete

Smash Lord
why does no one (as far as i know) ever use it? im not much of a jiggs player but when i do use her dtilt it can be fairly effective. it can set up combos and finishers if done well. its similar to foxs dtilt, which is always used.

also on a similar note, how do you tele/singslide with jiggs/samus? i need an in depth explination cause i seriously dont get it.

House

Smash Journeyman
why does no one (as far as i know) ever use it? im not much of a jiggs player but when i do use her dtilt it can be fairly effective. it can set up combos and finishers if done well. its similar to foxs dtilt, which is always used.
Jiggs' Dtilt is slow as hell.

also on a similar note, how do you tele/singslide with jiggs/samus? i need an in depth explination cause i seriously dont get it.
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Teleport_(SSB)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
What does dtilt set up?

Also teleport is

run left smash the stick right and press jump slightly after (or smash the stick right and then up to jump)

or the opposite to do it to the right

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
i use dtilt on foxes off the edge sometimes if they do towards edge di alot

then go into nair

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
The reason why not many puff users use down tilt is not because it's a bad move, it's because there's usually a better move you can do instead (depending on percent and location, usually grabs or up-tilt are much better). A good comparison is Pikachu and approaching. Fair and Dair are good approaches with Pikachu, but Up-air is just that much better.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
It's not hard to explain... run forward, press back, and jump. What is hard at first is learning the timing.

I don't think a tutorial is needed (you can do one if you want)... people just need to play around with different timings until they succeed in finding it out. You basically jump more-or-less right after you press the other direction... but... well, as I said, at first, the timing is confusing.

H0lyQuebec

Smash Apprentice
im not a big jigglypuff user/fan, but i managed to do some dtilt>air b>rest on heaviish characters at mid %

blaze3927

Smash Ace
It's not hard to explain... run forward, press back, and jump. What is hard at first is learning the timing.

I don't think a tutorial is needed (you can do one if you want)... people just need to play around with different timings until they succeed in finding it out. You basically jump more-or-less right after you press the other direction... but... well, as I said, at first, the timing is confusing.
i was referring to the extended teleport, aka singslide,

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i spent an hour on it and i got the normal tele and singslide down fairly well. does samus have any moves that cancle like sing so she slides?

mr yo

Smash Cadet
JIGGS is my best character, i think is quite good i have only known one jigls that can dittos me almost everytime: House (jpleal) couse he has an amazing control off the teleport and great mindgames (he is the best player of argentina)

knowing that i almost never use dtilt is quite slow, his hitbox is not much and the damage of your opponent must be very accurated to be able to continue the combo

i just use it to edgeguard sometime and then i go with a nair...but mostly is jut do it to bother my opponent

sory for my english i havent practice in a long time

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Dtilt is best used when you have someone at high %, To either sometimes actually kill them if they really high % or to do unpredicted move that gives them a sort of long knock back and takes them a while to recover so you can run and go camp or so you can wait for them to hit ground again to teleport rest.

Top Bottom