• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs hardest matchup... Sheik or Peach?

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Most people will usually say that Sheik is Jiggs' worse matchup... worse than Marth. But, I think that Peach is also very hard for jiggs.

I would like to ask you Jigg players who is Jiggs' worst matchup? Sheik or Peach?

And could you give me reasons? A matchup breakdown would be nice...

Thx in advance.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I always asssumed Marth, Fox, and Sheik were usually incredibly tough.

Personally though, I despise Fox.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
I loathe fighting C.Falcons...but it's probably my lack of experience in handling them.

A Marth player used to fighting Jigglypuff can be a pain too. The same with Sheik.
If someone isn't used to fighting a Jiggly, then you have the upper hand.

Lexaeus

Smash Cadet
If someone isn't used to fighting any character, that character has the upper hand.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Fox is the worst by a lot. Sheik is definitely worse than Peach though.

Grab = free hit with Sheik, which = death at 100-ish. Not so with Peach. It's also a lot easier for Sheik to get a grab. Sheik lives longer than Peach in general. Sheik's moves are a lot harder to punish when missed. Sheik aerials are quick and kill Jiggly pretty efficiently. Peach kills with what, nair and uair? Not exactly the easiest to land on Puff. Turnips aren't hard to get around. Needles are quick and barely visible, and needle cancel = grab.

Only think I'd say about Sheik is that she is definitely one of the easiest chars to rest in the game. Almost anything that's not a smash or fair can be CC rested. Very easy to pop up with utilt or uair to rest. Pound rest. Dthrow rest if they don't know how to DI it, etc.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Yeah thats why I brought Peach out.

Fox and Sheik are very dangerous but Jiggs can **** them before she gets *****.

Can just Peach slowly take control of the match without dying? Peach doesn't kill Puff easily but it's also the other way around no?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Fox and Sheik are very dangerous but Jiggs can **** them before she gets *****.

Can just Peach slowly take control of the match without dying? Peach doesn't kill Puff easily but it's also the other way around no?
Yeah, ok, you CAN, but it's not going to happen every time. With Fox because "before you get *****" is a very short time generally (uthrow uair ~50% on FD, usmash ~61% on FD even with DI), and Sheik doesn't really get ***** unless you rest or do a major combo to edgeguard. Sheik lives longer than Peach if you can't kill with edgeguard. If Sheik has good DI, she can make it back to the stage very easily. Her up B is really good.

If you're just trying to WoP Sheik/Peach to death, you're going about the match in the wrong way. You want to set up for FSMASH. FSMASH *****. And barring that, your next best killers on Peach are usmash and uair. Usmash out of sheild, nair-->usmash, are the easier ways to land those. I know it's kinda hard to work in usmash if you're not used to using it, but if you do it will save you the trouble of getting peach from 110-150% with random hits so you can FINALLY kill with bair/fair. Peach will die at like 110-120 from usmash (on FD). Ban Dreamland against Peach. Ban Yoshi's Story against Sheik.

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
fox definitely. but between sheik and peach, i think peach
but maybe i just havnt played any good sheiks

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I disagree with Fox being the worst. At least with Fox you can return the favor easily enough with all the rest combos. Sheik is much harder to set up if she camps you, which is what most Sheik's do to me.

And I still don't think Peach is that bad. I really blew a lead against Cort at FCD to lose that match and beat Vidjo off of his Peach. But I've always been the only one to espouse that view on the Jiggly boards.

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
i think that when playing a peach you've got to be really patient for the right attacks
peach survives along time if the player knows what they're doing, aka using the float and parasol to their advantage
turnips can get annoying, but peach will live quite big open spaces of which jiggly take advantage of
when i played peach against my friend's jiggly it's really a wait it out see who can find an open area to attack
the air game of both is really good so you gotta have a different approach i guess, and for those turnips you can pound them and not get hit

3GOD

Smash Ace
I disagree with Fox being the worst. At least with Fox you can return the favor easily enough with all the rest combos. Sheik is much harder to set up if she camps you, which is what most Sheik's do to me.

And I still don't think Peach is that bad. I really blew a lead against Cort at FCD to lose that match and beat Vidjo off of his Peach. But I've always been the only one to espouse that view on the Jiggly boards.
I'm sure you've played better foxes than I, but I really think Fox is Jigglypuff's worst match IF the fox knows how to play it. A smart fox will laser you A LOT and run away until you are at KO percentages (60% or so for Fox vs. Jiggs). It's just a matter of a Jab->Usmash or some random SHFFL'd Uair at that point...really good ones can Upthrow->Uair, but I'm not sure if this can be done with 100% consistency or if it depends on the Jigglypuff messing up.

X-PAC

Smash Cadet
Well, of the two I find Peach to be harder, if only because it's hard to kill her. With Sheik, you can fall back on the normal juggling tactics, and keeping her off the edge isn't too hard, where as Peach almost certainly has to be rested to kill.

Of course, Marth is still the absolute hardest, in my opinion.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
hmm hard to debate .. i find peach harder because my friend has a way better peach than sheik. However.. sheik can actually hurt you while jiggly vs peach is a stalemate.. of who approaches less.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Just like .Yoshi, I despise having to fight C.Falcon as Jiggly. Peach, she can't really combo you/threaten you with one-hit your-dead moves until high %'s. Shiek can be rested easily out of something like dash-attack, etc. C.Falcon, on the other hand, can be just as quick as Shiek, with more powerfully-hitting moves and not as much opportunites to rest.

Shiek relies more on grabs than does Falcon... they both dash-dance fast and make them hard to hit, but Falcon can just jump out there with a neutral air, knock out your priority if you're not expecting it and follow it up with combos... Shiek can either grab to combo out of dash dance, or dash-attack (which can be rested)... at least, as far as I know.

There's FAR more Foxes/Marths in Wisconsin/MN than Shieks/Falcons (Tapion quit Falcon for Fox T_T), but from the Shieks I've played I don't have much trouble with them at all... MUCH more trouble with Falcon, since I haven't been able to play against anyone who has a decent Falcon in like forever...

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
main problems with falcon and sheik is actually hitting them, but kill wise they're not that hard
marth's are still the bane of jiggly though XD

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
the worst

Fox. No doubt. Practically no lag + ridiculously fast jumps + K.O. at 70 % (up a smash) = huge pain for jigglypuff.

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
hahaha at least u-throw rest could work, u can't do that with marth cuz he's a pretty slow faller and he has ridiculous range

KingB00

Smash Rookie
Well I think Sheik because its hard to do your B down to her because shes too fast.. and shes also good off the ledge just like jiggly... She can definitly beat some of jiggs's moves Off the ledge. So i think Sheik will be a harder Matchup Bye

Aeroman69

Smash Apprentice
i personally think that sheik is jiggs' worst match up.sheik can do a grab down throw to uair on jiggs and around 90 to 100 dam it kills jigs everytime.if your playing a grab spamming sheik then its pretty difficult when it comes to sheik in my opinion because you can only do like 1 or 2 good rest combos on a sheik.so yeah good luck

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Young Link is one of Jigglypuff's hardest matchups, too.
i would say captain falcon is the worst then fox then marth
lol sorry... I don't think that Falcon, or young link, lol, are bad match ups. Marth is and then Fox, mostly because of how they can camp. Why are people debating over who's the toughest?
I just threw out my opinion like everyone else, the only hard fact match ups that are seen are Fox, Marth and maybe Shiek.

I'm just saying why is everyone debating over who is more difficult to fight instead of giving advice on how to beat characters that are difficult for them to fight?

Sliq

Smash Master
My favorite matchups:

1.) Captain Falcon - WTF is up with Jiggs hating Falcon? His weight is perfect for combos into rest, and his recovery is so gimpable it is funny.

2.) Marth - If you know how to DI throws, you shouldn't ever get tippered (unless your opponent gets lucky and/or has AMAZING spacing). If you just stay above his f-smash range, he'll have to approach with aerials, and if he misses, you combo the balls out of him. If he hits, so what? You just go hit with a Marth aerial, good luck with that killing you at NOT absurd percents.

3.) Sheik - This match can be stupid due to the you get grabbed you die thing, but it is unbelievably easy to rest sheik. Duck grab rest. CC rest. Up air rest. Up tilt rest. And my personal favorite (which I haven't perfected) sheild a down smash, drill rest.

4.) Peach - This matchup is ********, and the only reason I put Peach above Fox is because I can beat all Peaches except for exceptional ones, but some Foxes give me trouble when they really shouldn't. Vidjo ***** me, and up until that point I hadn't lost to any Peach. Float cancel nairs are ********, btw.

5.) Fox - Fox just goes crazy and does stupid combos that basically put you in the death range after 1 or 2 good strings. Up throw up air is gay, and the grab to up throw is almost impossible to get against a smart/technical fox, not to mention they can easily DI the throw. He is a little too heavy to get low percent gimps, and by the time you can easily up tilt or up air rest, he dies so fast that he comes back and punishes you in the face.

6.) Falco - FVCK LASERS. I know this really shouldn't be that bad of a matchup, but I'm TERRIBLE at it. I'm about to start busting out my secondary against these *******s, as even mediocre Falcos give me a tough time (until I Falco ditto them a 3 stock them after barely winning first match). Unfortunately, there are a MILLION Falcos at ever tournament, so boo to me.

Man, I'm ******** at character matchups, apparently.

Also, Young Link is gay.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Marth isn't difficult. (On FD, it should be easy, PKM Stadium gets annoying, Story can go either way depending on the skill of the Marth)

If Marth fsmashes A LOT, then simply roll/jump backwards and rest him while he lags.

Top Bottom