• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs vs Samus

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
Well I have been playing Jiggs my whole Smash career and I have played against just about every character From Fox to Mewtwo, and I felt that I can handle just about all types of characters, I even can do pretty well against a Marth which was once a near impossiblilty for me.

Getting to the point, I recently found out a few local smashers were actually good, but one played a character I have no Idea how to approach, a Samus. It is not so much I get completly crushed, like 4 stocked, but during the whole length of the match I am simply wondering what I need to do. Unlike when I play a C.Falcon or Fox where I know what to do, and how to get it done, a Samus I have next to no clue, besides he clears easily up,. It just seems to me, that I cannot edgeguard so well because the priority of the Up+B, and the Bombs and how small Samus gets with the bomb recovery. Other than that I cannot clean Samus with simple smashes, because he is a non-stop projectile spammer, also Resting is a possible awnser, but I can't go resting at every leap, that is just rediculous.

Which comes to my question(s). What do I do against a Samus? Defense vs. Offense? What should be used to KO? What is an effective Edgeguard? How do I approach when he is spamming projectiles like it is Normandy?

Thanks,
T-Rex

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
Well, some ideas for however much help they are...

Duck/wavedash under missiles. Cancel missiles out with f-air and so on. Powershield the odd one if you can.

Edgeguarding Jigg's is ok compared to lots of people against Samus. You can interrupt her bombs sometimes by getting hit and its still possible to b-air her further out. F-smash their up-b if non-sweetspotted. You can float down and try to bash them against the stage if they grapple, or just interrupt them.

For ultimate flashiness go right out, hit them with rest and then get woken up by one of their bombs, then recover. I guess if you see them throwing out lots of bombs on stage you could go for a rest and get woken up the same way.

On stage lots of wall of pain I guess and at least their d-smash won't get much use.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played a Samus in forever, but this is what I know.

Just fly over her missiles. Samus can't really do much to you up there, since you are so maneuverable. Beware of random nairs though.

Once you are close, hit them like you normally would. It took me forever to realize it (since I play short characters all the time), but full hop bair is really good against almost every tall character. You can use another aerial on the way down, too, like uair or another bair. Just something to keep in mind.

Also, shielding is really good versus Samus, since her grab is terrible. Don't worry if she gets you a few times, but try hard to dodge the grab (jump out of shield and stuff). Once she misses her grab, rest her. If she feels like hitting your shield repeatedly instead, just wait for a laggy attack, then jump out of shield and attack her with aerials or whatever. If your shield is small just fly around.

Don't mess up your edgeguards. Mix it up, since Samus is really maneuverable, and you have to read her and hit her accordingly. fair, bair, dair, hit her bombs, get hit by her bombs, whatever. It kind of depends on the opponent. Just figure her out. Once you can edgeguard her, the battle heavily shifts in your favor. If you can't figure it out, you will have a much harder time.

fsmash is good too.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Run ou nad get hit by their first bomb it pisses them off this will give u enough time to get back or possibly bair or fair them which will kill them(hopefully). Forward B in air to get out of tight situations and put a little seperatino between u and their nair. Try not to CC their down smash or else u might end up in a world of painand always get ready to keep them in check with an equal priority move. (both yer bair)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
f air, wavedash and jump over missles, My fave easy rests on samus are just f air or n air to rest lol, maybe you can pull a pound to rest too. Also always go out to attack samus and screw up his bomb recovery..easy kills <3

RPK

Smash Lord
Truthfully I havent played my puff in a while. Ive been working on my Ganondorf and taking a lot of brakes. Anyways. Samus is pretty floaty as you guys can obviously tell so cant you kill off the Samus by hitting it with an U-Smash or some well placed Uairs?
BTW I havent played an opponent in months so my knowledge is kind of down the drain ATM

Top Bottom