• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggz trouble

ADHD

Smash Hero
I've fought this matchup so many times, almost as much as metaknight. Heck, I even main jiggz. But this matchup screams gimp :(

She floats over my nanerz and her aerial spam makes it difficult to get a solid hit on her. I've handled this very well, I still win but its always 90 on the last stock. I don't know why, it's just an odd matchup and hard to rack up damage just poking in aerials every now and then at her.

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
Simple, all you have to do is wait for her to approach from the air to the ground and start throwing banana peels. Alot of times when she's all out of her jumps, she uses rollout and if you manage to throw the bananas at her, thats her biggest weakness. Is once shes on the ground, its all over for her.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Simple, all you have to do is wait for her to approach from the air to the ground and start throwing banana peels. Alot of times when she's all out of her jumps, she uses rollout and if you manage to throw the bananas at her, thats her biggest weakness. Is once shes on the ground, its all over for her.
A good Jiggles wont use rollout more than once in a match, if even once. Really, using rollout after you've used all your jumps is just silly. Bananas don't pose much of a problem for her either, since she probably won't be on the ground all that much.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Agreed except the rollout part. If you need help on the roll out, make sure that there is a banana between you and jiggz so that he will roll on to it and slip. Glide toss backwards if she uses it from the air, glide toss forward on the ground

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
anyone who has the option of not stay on the ground and still dealing damage has a bit of an advatage over diddy.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I'm not going to deny that Jiggles is bad. She definitely is. But she's not terrible.

I don't know if you're an awesome Diddy, and I don't know if the Jiggs you played sucked, but theoretically, Jiggs shouldn't be getting three stocked by Diddy, or even anything close to it. I feel like Diddy is one of her easier match-ups. At least, that is the opinion of someone who hasn't been playing her very long, although I feel I do just fine with her.

Colbert

Smash Apprentice
Diddy still has more aerial priority, no? Pound probably has more though. Our forward B can cut through all her aerials though, IIRC.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I'm not certain of the priority, although pound definitely does have more.

Even if Diddy has more priority, however, Jiggz has more air control. When it comes to air combat, Jiggz>Diddy. Her lack of a ground game, and Diddy's solid one, is what makes this match-up a little difficult for her.

ADHD

Smash Hero
The rollout is no problem, hell I have so many options to deal with that.

She isn't easy at all to spike, jiggz isn't terrible vs diddy, and her offstage game vs him is good.

It's just her repeated fairs and pound, when in a chain its not easy to stop when all you can hit her with is the fair.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Let me put it this way. Let her use her jumps(roll away w/e) glide toss smash. Thats how easy jiggs is. I won't lie. The jiggs i played tonight was terrible and im in the top 3 brawl players in ga, but jiggs vs diddy is that simple. Actually diddy vs almost anyone is that simple. 2 jumps? Let them jump twice anticipating a banana. They are falling? glide toss smash or tilt. That easy.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Let me put it this way. Let her use her jumps(roll away w/e) glide toss smash. Thats how easy jiggs is. I won't lie. The jiggs i played tonight was terrible and im in the top 3 brawl players in ga, but jiggs vs diddy is that simple. Actually diddy vs almost anyone is that simple. 2 jumps? Let them jump twice anticipating a banana. They are falling? glide toss smash or tilt. That easy.
Ok lol i'll just roll like a mofo

Krayn

Smash Apprentice
You have foward B which would own her arials. You could wait till she went to the ground. You have your peanut gun. Or just simply go to her and shield grab her attacks.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
It takes about 2 jumps for Jiggz to get across Final Destination. 1 off the ground, and 1 mid-air. All I'm saying is, prepare to do a lot of rolling. And get owned.

Forward B is not much of a threat either. I'm pretty sure Pound out-prioritizes it, and even if it doesn't, what are you going to do, spam Forward B?

Hopefully you'll play a good Jiggly someday, NoiR. You'll probably still win, lol, but maybe you'll realize she's not as easy as you're making her out to be.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
It takes about 2 jumps for Jiggz to get across Final Destination. 1 off the ground, and 1 mid-air. All I'm saying is, prepare to do a lot of rolling. And get owned.

Forward B is not much of a threat either. I'm pretty sure Pound out-prioritizes it, and even if it doesn't, what are you going to do, spam Forward B?

Hopefully you'll play a good Jiggly someday, NoiR. You'll probably still win, lol, but maybe you'll realize she's not as easy as you're making her out to be.
I played as jiggs as a secondary before I realized how bad she is. Mine was "good", but shield grab ***** her. I can beat good metaknights man, who is like a jiggs, but better. I would love to play some good jiggs thought because I haven't really played that match up enough to have it down good. I need to learn how to play Diddy dittos too because I had to do that against some guy from SC on saturday and I wasn't too sure what to do haha

IDK

Smash Lord
remember that in the air they can't grab. spam the shield if they spam the aerials.

Top Bottom