• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Joeadok's threedee work

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
These are some models that I've been working on since 3 months ago im making them for an animation project, kindof a "the lost characters" thing, looking for an oppinion on their overall look and texturing.:)

I've got some more in the the works.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Deku scrub :D

I think they look cool, but why is the screenshot so grainy?

Spire

III
BRoomer
First 3D Vaati I've ever seen. I approve greatly :)

Any way you could finish shaping him up and send me the mesh (if you could export as a .nif, that'd be awesome) and textures? I'd love to render him for various uses.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
First 3D Vaati I've ever seen. I approve greatly :)

Any way you could finish shaping him up and send me the mesh (if you could export as a .nif, that'd be awesome) and textures? I'd love to render him for various uses.
Yeah sure can do, once I get the texture work done and figure out how I’m going to work the cape

Wow these are really good:)
What program did you use?
I’m using Blender for textures and Paint Shop Pro for textures.

Oh and very old work in progress, Wart and Captain Syrup

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Wow I really love the look of these models. Mallow and Deku Link are great ^_^
The amount of detail isn't astounding by any means, but it's sufficient and represents each character well.
The colouring/overall look you have going on is fine, but I'm not sure how they would hold up under more realistic lighting.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Some more work in progresses!

Anyway for the short I'm planning I think I'll have set as interviews for the "next game" as a plot, talks with characters and some interaction.

Chars I have in mind for are:
Duster
Majora's mask Young Link
Geno
Krystal(maybe)
Some Fire emblem Char
F zero guy
Liquid snake

And some others I'm still deciding.

And a render incuded for good measure.:)

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
No, parts from the Brawl trophy models were used. For proper mention: yoshi for mallow's feet, toonlink and link's heads for vaati and fierce deity, and pt and peachs heads for blue and syrup. Otherwise, it's made me.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
I didn’t plan on finishing her.

But I did since you mentioned it.

More models in the works.

Geno

And these guys

It can take any where from 30 minutes to a day to make a model, it depends on the character., Its texturing that takes long, as in days, and also why I have so many things on my work in progress list.

And on my animation project, I plan on having set in a mansion, that is a popular venue for Smash fan works, I’ll have some initial renders soon.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
On the job

OK, I've been doing concepts on and off for a while now.

Things I've had to do now:

The title, I'm going with "Smash Canidates", pretty simple.

I have to T- pose and rig the playable character models. So far done: Mario, Luigi, Snake, Sonic, Lucario.

The Settings and Props,

This is a plan for the main 3-floor building. with gym, garrage and such unplanned.

Mewtwo, Pichu and that Roy guy.

Master and Crazy hand.

Some touch ups characters to make for better animating.

So for the severe lack of a planning, it's going quite well.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Retopo=Awesome

Thanks for the kind words:)

Minor updates

1. Making a building is hard, especially when it’s not really pre-planned that well. But I’m basing the surround area around the Plains and Lakeside area in SSE

2. Retopo+Sculpt are for now the best things ever, they really open up some new possibilities, for mesh building

3. 2 New Pics

Prince Peasley

For some reason when I look at this I’m reminded of NSMBW, but that’s probably just me

Brawl styled Krystal

I’ve ripped a jacket and headgear from the Fox and Falco models, and have modeled it mainly after the command version, and I’ll make the staff as soon as I find a reference.

4. I just realized this yesterday, the models in the SSE cutscenes probably use normal maps! And for some reason whenever I try make them in Blender they get messed up where the models intersect, so I’m stuck there.

Long post, again.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
The Great Wart

Here is another Wip,

Not much else to say, sorry if the pics are hard to see:ohwell:

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Back at it

I've decided to start using this thread again, and this time not let it become un used. So Yeah...

Ok, so what we have here are some mods for chacaters from smash bros. just so that there's some nostalgia and variety for recuring characters. (Ignor spelling I'm in a rush:urg:)

YoungPorky, Black shadow, SomethingFox, SNES Samus( working on hair)

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I forgot how awesome all of these are.

And I forgot how awesome 3D rendering programs are.

Man, as soon as I get time I want to fire up Maya and start making stuff again. o-o Lol I always say that but I never do.

Porky's cool. How long does it normally take you to complete one of these, on average?

Geist

Smash Master
Sweet stuff haha :D
I'm going to be doing 3D work with Sculptris, Maya and Z Brush in a few months, it's gonna be awesome.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys :D. Neon, these are kinda still ongoing, about twelve hours at most minus converting the original models into blender. BT, I wish i could use just 1 of those programs, but old comp+price. Good luck with that!

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Some more images, more obscure chacters. Doesn't matter the series I tend to like the less appreciated charcters, Stan, Catdude, Tingle, Barret, Krillin, Jacob Taylor... and so on.

Stanley the Bugman

Hot Rodder dude from Starfox

I need to be more active on swf...

Top Bottom