• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Joker's Snake Combo Video

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Superb. A download link would be nice. Also, quoted from my youtube comments:

"Pretty good i must say. I like how you mixed the video with the music.

However, I find it just wrong to make "combo" video´s in brawl since there are so incredibly few actual combo´s. Even though there were some in this video, I would still call it a gameplay video or a compilation video. Not meant to offend you in any way though. I still like the video, its just this idea of a combo video in melee does not carry over to brawl IMO. Thats all.

LOL at the clip in the end!

I give this 4/5

Kudos to you my friend =) "

180OP

Smash Journeyman
Superb. A download link would be nice. Also, quoted from my youtube comments:

"Pretty good i must say. I like how you mixed the video with the music.

However, I find it just wrong to make "combo" video´s in brawl since there are so incredibly few actual combo´s. Even though there were some in this video, I would still call it a gameplay video or a compilation video. Not meant to offend you in any way though. I still like the video, its just this idea of a combo video in melee does not carry over to brawl IMO. Thats all.

LOL at the clip in the end!

I give this 4/5

Kudos to you my friend =) "
I agree. I just saw an Ice Climber 'Combo' video called 'Enter the Ice' it was just chaingrabbing or what looked like infinites.

Corigames

Smash Hero
So... I guess the best way to fight against Snake is to constantly run head on into every single move of his? Because, that's all I saw... sadly. People jumping into mortars, people allowing themselves to get hit with nakitas, no air dodging spikes, stepping on mines for no reason, and dashing right into fully charge RPG blasts? Seriously.

metroid1117

Smash Master
It was a great video in terms of syncing and footage, but it lacked combos. Still, it was very enjoyable - the Nikita scenes were funny, and the last box spike was awesome. Great job.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
So... I guess the best way to fight against Snake is to constantly run head on into every single move of his? Because, that's all I saw... sadly. People jumping into mortars, people allowing themselves to get hit with nakitas, no air dodging spikes, stepping on mines for no reason, and dashing right into fully charge RPG blasts? Seriously.
I take it you just love to bash every single brawl compilation vid there is dont you? FFS it's just to entertain viewers and show off some sweet stuff that happen for them in their matches at that given time. Not to show their opponents kicking their *****. Sick and tired of your moping and trolling, seriously STFU.

For once in my life I actually fed the troll.

Regardless, I liked the vid. It makes me wonder how old some of these clips are, for having Sparrow, Chexr and Aaron in there.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I take it you just love to bash every single brawl compilation vid there is dont you? FFS it's just to entertain viewers and show off some sweet stuff that happen for them in their matches at that given time. Not to show their opponents kicking their *****. Sick and tired of your moping and trolling, seriously STFU.

For once in my life I actually fed the troll.

Regardless, I liked the vid. It makes me wonder how old some of these clips are, for having Sparrow, Chexr and Aaron in there.
No, you didn't "feed a troll," you expressed your opinion about my posting habits just like I posted my opinion about his video. I didn't like it. I wasn't impressed, much like most/all videos ion this board. I don't want to see videos of people running into attacks constantly. That's dumb. I want to see a serious fight where the competitor isn't completely new, could be doing some mindgames, but the person the video is about sees through it, actually does a combo, and then finishes them off.

And I will continue to point out what is wrong with videos, as the point in the boards is to discuss things, not congratulate everyone with a capture card.

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
Meh. not very good at all you still have growing to do grasshopper. Look up some videos of captain jack playing snake if you haven't heard of him. Also rofl at the YouTube plebeians.

Don't worry Corey the world hasn't gone mad there are still people who remember the glory days and I've got your back. Someone has to tell the noobs how much they suck

If you want to see what a combo video should look like check out Absolute Zero. here's the link to the video tread.

Absolute Zero : http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174833

Oh, and bu the wasy Enter the Ice is infinitely better than this video.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
No, you didn't "feed a troll," you expressed your opinion about my posting habits just like I posted my opinion about his video. I didn't like it. I wasn't impressed, much like most/all videos ion this board. I don't want to see videos of people running into attacks constantly. That's dumb. I want to see a serious fight where the competitor isn't completely new, could be doing some mindgames, but the person the video is about sees through it, actually does a combo, and then finishes them off.

And I will continue to point out what is wrong with videos, as the point in the boards is to discuss things, not congratulate everyone with a capture card.
It's a good thing I didn't though. I didn't mean to come off sounding harsh. Eh **** happens, but it's a nuisance sometimes to see that. Of course both parts do need criticism and comments. But the threads you posted in, I do see your point, since I thought of that when I watch their vids. On the other hand the chance of a combo being a finisher in brawl is slim to none sometimes. But give people some more time to finally come out with a compilation video, when they have better experience and can successfully pull off a string of hits that actually kill the opponent.

But yes, sorry for flipping out like that, you just got caught in a crossfire of rage that I was expressing to people earlier.

Corigames

Smash Hero
It's just that if you think you need more time to impress someone or get real combos, then take the time. I don't want to see Combo Video Beta V 0.2, show me the real deal. Don't post something you aren't proud of; I wouldn't. When I feel that I have a combo video on my hands, I'll post it. If I want to show some cool gameplay, I'll post it in the general discussion, not combos.

Flip out all you want. It's just the internet. It's not high school... I would just prefer that people spread their rage out, like I do :D It's better to let it all out constantly than to snap.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
No point in flipping out on people over the internet. Internet is serious business, anyway let's keep this thread on topic.

Also, yeah I get what you're saying. I'd rather have people come up with some worthy stuff, than just a spot dodge and a one hit that killed the opponent, or two hits then goes into a next clip.

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
You need to play more brawl Corey Absolute Zero is a good video while you did have a point about the teching in Melee that **** wouldn't fly, but in brawl that is legitimate Combo video material because of how hard ZSS's up B is to tech. you should research it flying off the handle. But I assure you that this video is not the extent of the amount of skill that can be applied to snake or brawl as a game in general. Playing brawl destroyed my Melee abilities...

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well even though my vid has a combo here and there and i guess it could be a compilation video I only call it combo video cause that's what most people refer them to. Also Snake attacks have a lot of knock back so it's hard to combo with him instead i show what leads to a good kill, and people don't just run into my attacks is all about mind games, when people paly against Snake they sometimes forget that there was a C4 here or a mine there u can even force them into them, which is what i do, it seems that Snake's grabs were ment for that.

Thanks for the comments good or bad i welcome them that's how u learn.

Top Bottom