• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 19, 2014] Smash and Brew SSBM/Project M Singles/Crews (Pensacola, FL)

Zone

Smash Champion
Info:
Pensacola is trying to get their own thing going, Mario has been doing a great job of Venue hunting. I'm have Days Inn Conference center possibly in works for much bigger events, where I'd hope to try to entice Louisiana/Atlanta/Tally/AL. But that's far away.

This may end up being our version of monthlies but due to time constraints we left off teams JUST in-case we can't finish in time. If it looks like we have A LOT of time for teams, and depending on how many people show up, and setups we got. We'll try to get teams in this event.

Venue requires NO venue fee, however it's free because they expect us to purchase their food. So bring extra cash to order some food/drinks here. So no outside food please.

Events:
Melee Singles 5$:

Best 2 of 3 matches, Winner bans stage, loser picks stage, winner picks character, then the loser picks character. Repeat until set completes.

Best 3 of 5, for Semi-finals and Grand Finals. no bans allowed, cannot play on the same stage you've already won on.

Neutral stages: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Final Destination, Battle Field

Counter pick Stages: Poke'mon Stadium.

RPS for port priority, Stage Strike.
wobbling is legal. (cannot wobble pass 300%)

Glitches(like freeze glitch)/stalling (such as Peaches Side+B) are banned.

If 2 players enter sudden death from a time-out. The person with the least % wins. If it goes into sudden death because 2 players die at the EXACT same time. A rematch with only 1 stock will be played out.

Pausing will forfeit a stock.

Project M 5$:

Best 2 of 3 matches, Winner bans stage, loser picks stage, winner picks character, then the loser picks character. Repeat until set completes.

Best 3 of 5, for Semi-finals and Grand Finals. no bans allowed, cannot play on the same stage you've already won on.

Starter stages: Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Yoshi’s Story (Melee)

Counter-pick Stages: Yoshi’s Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Wario Ware, Green Hill Zone, Skyworld

RPS for port priority, Stage Strike.

If we can do teams, 5$

Crews: will be a draft crews. First place and second place in both games will be captains. 2nd place being the person who can choose first.

Anyone who wants to be a part of it, must drop a dollar down, before being picked. Once you drop it you're locked in. the winning crew wins all the money, thus doubling your dollar! yay!

Payouts will be:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Schedule:
Tentative at all times, events may start earlier or later, but no more than 2 hours. Please be early to make sure you're here for the event you're wishing to enter.

12:00 registration starts (If you're coming to a later event you may register when you arrive, as long as you get there within 5 minutes of the tournament starting)

12:30 registration ends, Project M Singles Begins

3:00 Melee Singles Begins

7:00 Crews Begins

8:00 Venue Closes.

Any questions feel free to post below, If I'm missing valuable information please say so and I'll correct it.

TO:
Zone: 850 532 9666
Mario: 850 585 4574

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
I hate you.
Well I still have bowser and g&w.

Smash and brew
Does that mean Mikeyy and I can brew beer while we are there?
If not its cool. We can just buy beer

JDP

Smash Rookie
I'll try to come out from Tally but I may have an exam the following Monday that could prevent me coming.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Quick note: This thread currently is not showing up in the Atlantic South tournament listings (or any of the regional tournament listings for that matter).

Zone

Smash Champion
Quick note: This thread currently is not showing up in the Atlantic South tournament listings (or any of the regional tournament listings for that matter).
Wouldn't know how to fix that.

edIT: didn't know it was in the pre-fix tab.

Last edited:

Ruse

Fox
No one ever quits, so I guess I'll be at this.

I can bring some TVs, setups, friends, and my Meta Knight.

Last edited:

Dj Ileum

Smash Rookie
Made an account just to reply to this. I am seriously considering coming to this event. It would be my first competitive play ever and I will probably get beat down, but it sounds like a very fun opportunity.

Side note: probably not the right place for this, but if anyone is interested in playing some melee in the Pensacola area, shoot me a message.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Made an account just to reply to this. I am seriously considering coming to this event. It would be my first competitive play ever and I will probably get beat down, but it sounds like a very fun opportunity.

Side note: probably not the right place for this, but if anyone is interested in playing some melee in the Pensacola area, shoot me a message.
Hey! You should totally go, tournaments are a great experience, and you'll get to meet some really cool people. Also, for players in the Pensacola area.... @ Zone Zone

Zone

Smash Champion

We'd be glad to have ya. Roughly a good time to start too, lots of new pensacola players.

My number is 850-532-9666

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Are you capping crew battle entrants? And if not, can you only enter one of the crew events? One hour for two crew battle events seems like it might be tricky if crews are unlimited.

Zone

Smash Champion
Are you capping crew battle entrants? And if not, can you only enter one of the crew events? One hour for two crew battle events seems like it might be tricky if crews are unlimited.
No capping, and we're staring it as soon as Singles are over, and I'm pretty sure they'll be over faster than the time shown. Singles will start as advertised in case people only want to show up for 1. but crews will start immediately after singles finish.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
So im interested in coming but ill probably make a 4 day weekend out of it. Whats there to do in pcola? Ill be bringing the woman. Its a hell of a drive from murfreesboro, tn.

Edit: no bans in 3 of 5 in pm? Thats really nasty considering the amount of stages there are and how many are so damn similar.

Last edited:

Zone

Smash Champion
So im interested in coming but ill probably make a 4 day weekend out of it. Whats there to do in pcola? Ill be bringing the woman. Its a hell of a drive from murfreesboro, tn.

Edit: no bans in 3 of 5 in pm? Thats really nasty considering the amount of stages there are and how many are so damn similar.

I'm not sure man lol, Hopefully someone else can answer because I don't do crap myself in Pensacola. I never go to the beaches, or those go-kart places they have around here, or anything really. I just work, game, sleep, eat like a bum.

EDIT: It'd be nice to have you down for a tournament. As for the no bans... Level up your all stage knowledge bro (\Ò.Ó)/

Last edited:

sllim

Smash Rookie
I haven't participated in a tournament before, and I'm relatively new to competitive melee (I've almost got the fancy stuff down pat). I hope to attend.

Top Bottom