• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 2, 2014] Guaranteed Damage Presents: Hall of Gaming PM Weeklies! (Wallingford, CT)

Molten Lava

Smash Cadet
NNID
LightSwitchTTM
The Hall of Gaming PM biweeklies have become weekly! They will be on Wednesdays from 6:00 PM - whenever it ends, most likely 10 or 11. The change in schedule is for more consistent tournaments (we called our last series a biweekly, but let's be honest, it was a monthly, and that's being generous), less confusion with consistency, higher frequency of tournaments, and less conflict with bigger tournaments for organization and streaming. I started this tournament series because I wanted consistency in Connecticut, and I completely screwed that up. But no longer!

I will post in this thread for any notable information or updates that must be shared. More commonly, however, I will be posting in our Facebook page. Join the group there for updates!

Due to time constraints, we will be cutting doubles from our schedule for weeklies. We will have monthly or bimonthly tournaments off schedule (meaning they will be announced as they come) on Saturdays. They will essentially be the same tournaments we've been having for the last couple of months.

Event will be streamed here

PLEASE BRING SETUPS!

VENUE

Hall of Gaming LLC
220 N Colony Rd, Wallingford, CT 06492
(203) 793-7712

SCHEDULE (subject to change)
* 6:00: Doors open
* 6:30-7:30: Project M Singles registration
* 7:30-9:30: Project M Singles
* Possible side event if time allows

ENTRY
Venue = $7
Singles Bracket = $5

PRIZES

Singles (If there are 25 or more entrants):
1st place: 48%
2nd place: 22%
3rd place: 14%
4th place: 8%
5th place (tie): 4%
5th place (tie): 4%

Singles (If there are fewer than 25 entrants):
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

RULESET
PROJECT M

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Pause may be requested to be set to OFF.
* If Pause is ON and a pause occurs during the match, unless the pause is okayed by the opposing player, it will result in a one stock loss for the player who initiated the pause.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Giga Bowser is banned.
* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

Pre-match Procedure:

1. Characters are selected (Double Blind may be elected)
2. Stage strike starter list (RPC, coin flip, etc. for first strike)
3. Winner announces three (3) stage bans
4. Loser chooses counterpick stage
5. Winner chooses their character
6. Loser chooses their character
Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:
Starter (Singles)

Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick (Singles)

Green Hill Zone
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island
Skyloft
Dracula's Castle
Distant Planet

Lovecraft

Smash Apprentice
RIP Dubs. And my 4$ a week.

Also, mention something about how venue goes down each consecutive time you attend until 4 times at which it resets.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Oh the pain and agony!
I already live so far away, getting there on a SAturday is already a struggle. The idea of doing it on a weekday is Just. Too. Painful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom