• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Wait a minute, me and Bundtcake also use Samus.

So that's 5 known samus users :p

(edit: unless you meant 3 samus users in Victoria, then that's accurate. But yeah, Cherry is from Victoria, and shows up to our WEDNESDAY NIGHT SMASH FESTS. you should show up to them as well Ewic ;))

Actually, semi off-topic, Samus is one of my decent characters, even though she's the worst character. Either way, anyone want to money match against my Samus, the worst character in the game?

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
Ha, ha Samus mains ftw (this makes it six now). I'm probably the worst Samus here, but I'm going to keep improving if I can. :)

Asa

Smash Hero
I believe you're included in the original samus count, koopa

ewic
cherry
koopa
bundt
robert

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I am unconfirmed, because i didn't book it off work. so its all up to chance. I can confirm/deconfirm myself like a week or so before hand.

SKidd

Smash Master
I use a low tier, do I get points for low tier awesomeness?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol yeah it's kinda hilarious. At the same time, those characters are never seen in tournaments.... Like not even in the very low placements.

Asa

Smash Hero
the time is listed at the front of the page marc...

where do you live? :/

google maps is pretty cool imo

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys I can't make this one. I forgot that I have an all day first aid course on that Saturday that I need to take for school.

I'll try to make the next one that comes up.

Asa

Smash Hero
we probably won't stream but we could possibly have commentary in the matches we record

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

Captain L

Smash Champion
how are we looking setup wise? I'll bring my wii if absolutely necessary.

Asa

Smash Hero
landon doesn't want to knock over his own wii :p

wiis (and this should be in the OP)
asa
cheeszeman
bundtcake
Kodo

that's all i know for now. I would bring your wii landon

Captain L

Smash Champion
exactly, what fun is it knocking over a wii if it's your own?

but more importantly it makes a really loud buzzing noise and gets disc errors every once in a while, and battlefield has no music 30% of the time. Nothing game changing I suppose. I'd stay away from it for finals and stuff though.

oh and it's a pain to unhook from my TV since it's wired underneath a bunch of stuff >_>

T-block

B2B TST
wow i didn't even know this thread existed

bowser suicide rule is dumb, and no pictochat but yoshi's island starter is lol

but ANYWAYS, do you guys have internet at your venue? since we're holding the events on the same day, it might be kinda cool to communicate throughout the event, maybe even with a video chat or something. since people know each other our scenes are kinda connected now, etc. etc. just an idea.

Asa

Smash Hero
ya i agree with the bowser suicide rule since they can prevent themselves from dying at the same time now anyway

what issues do you have with YI?

Yes we have internet

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Does anyone want to play brawl or any smash (minus 64, that one sucks) on sunday? I'm debating getting the bus at midnight after sunday, and if anyone wants to dedicate a day to smash (or mvc2), I'm so down. Just need to confirm that I can get a ride to the Vancouver bus terminal before 12:30.

Anyone?

SKidd

Smash Master
I hope you're trolling Blue Yoshi, because Smash 64 is ****. Even though I am TERRIBLE at it.

When I go to this, I may take my Wii.
andbrawlandmelee

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I'll be bringing my wii that's hacked. nothing too distracting, and has infinite saves. I might be able to get them uploaded.

And no, I hate smash 64. It's broken.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Yeah. Right. And brawl is perfectly balanced, no 100-0 matchups, and no one character that beats everyone else, and is dead easy to use, takes no skill, etc etc.

Imma bring my wii (that is... assuming I'm coming... work might be lame, but I might respond by being lame to work... with legitimate reasons lol).

Captain L

Smash Champion
so that it takes longer to get to smashville.

The striking order is going to be 1-1-1-1-1-1 right?

Top Bottom