• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Omg Legend of Korra episode 4 came out. Soooo good and so much more intense than The Last Airbender. She was completely terrified and in tears at the end of the episode :(

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
All I can say is >_>

I do have a legitimate john though (which also applies especially to the last 5 or so tournaments, and a few others since I've started showing up back at Komodo)...

For the last... long time (got relatively bad in the last 4/5 months), I've been, for the most part, feeling... "depressed"? (not exactly the right word, but I can't think of a better word at the moment). Household issues and stuff, which recently have gone well overboard. When I mentioned there were smashfests until 6am in the morning, the reason for that is because I am trying to stay out of the house, and since I can give people a ride, some others are willing to stay that late as well. I am moving out in a few days, and I believe that should solve all of that, so hopefully that will make me able to play with a proper mindset instead of a relatively negative mindset going into every tournament. But yeah, this last tournament, I had a hard time keeping a proper mindset in any game I played, and the texture hack stupidity in doubles just pushed me into not caring about brawl at all. My 64 tourney matches were a total disaster (how I got 2nd, I have no idea). This is also the main reason for my "I'm trying to try, but I can't control how hard I try" excuse I've been saying for the longest time. And I guess for what it's worth, Dan, if you read this, this is the main reason why I left the 64 boards as well. Yes, I didn't have enough time, but also I had made several "rage"-like posts, and I thought it was best I leave temporarily. I will go back to the 64 boards when I have a better mindset, but for now, I'll just stay out of it for now.

Also, as far as future tournament, I've heard some people mention the possibility of MK being legal. So I'm just wondering, what is going to be the status of the legality of MK? If he is legal, I will not be showing up unless I'm in a better mindset. I just don't need to deal with MK at the moment.

Well, I'm too lazy to re-read over my post and edit/finetune it, so I'll just post it and... well, meh... good enough...

Frio

Smash Champion
Pretty sure you just thought you were Luke on the left side of Smashville and just ran off the right side instead.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I was well aware of exactly who I was at the time. I was trying to... I forget what exactly, but it involved landing or something on a platform that turned out to be a texture, and it caused me to sd.

Either way, I refuse to play a serious game on anything that has textures or hacks of any type. The only hack I will agree to is infinite replay. I will gladly play friendlies on texture hack/music hacks and stuff (I enjoy them), but in serious matches they really do throw me off.

Frio

Smash Champion
there is nothing on the right side of smashville on the sakura tree texture hack. The game started and u ran off the side.

Frio

Smash Champion
Oh sorry, I didnt notice the texture hack on BF. I was assuming it was the sakura one since it was bright pink. Long day my bad.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Took the last ferry. Busses don't run that late. Just arrived at uvic after a two hour walk (home was a longer walk). Gave me a good chance to think about several things. I decided that it may be best I take a break from smash for a little while (brawl, melee, 64). I'll probably come back later in the summer, but for now, I don't think I'll show up to the next few monthlies. The reason above is one of the main reasons, but also the fact that I travel 6 hours each way alone (doing nothing), spending about $100 a tournament, and only doing stuff for like 20 hours...

May take a break from smashboards as well... I'll see how I feel later this week...

Anyways, see you guys later. Hopefully I won't be out for too long (I like hanging out with most of you... except Trevor, he doesn't like bananas...). But yeah, have fun, and good luck to you all.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Blue Yoshi, that's rlly deep stuff .____. Don't really know you, idk if I've played you, but hope you feel better from all this :)

Even if I have legit met you or not, it's always sad to see someone go S: You take care bro.

On a side note, when's the next monthly/whatever? I'm still in if I know the date >:)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear all that, Rob. =[ Good luck with your new place, and I really hope things turn around for you as much as you're expecting them too. I look forward to seeing you at full power when I come back in September. =]

:005:

SKidd

Smash Master
When's the next tourney, will JJ be around for it?

Or will Landon have to host it?

It's gonna be really unstacked with JJ and Drake gone :(

SKidd

Smash Master
Hhhhhyyyyyyyypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

supposed to be in caps but w/e lawl

Asa

Smash Hero
sooooo me and jj want to have a smahfest at the venue today. 2 ppl please come for doubles!

Asa

Smash Hero
i was supposed to go home today but aaron asked for a smashfest at the venue so i changed. but then aaron bailed.. >_>

Kantrip

Kantplay
Took the last ferry. Busses don't run that late. Just arrived at uvic after a two hour walk (home was a longer walk). Gave me a good chance to think about several things. I decided that it may be best I take a break from smash for a little while (brawl, melee, 64). I'll probably come back later in the summer, but for now, I don't think I'll show up to the next few monthlies. The reason above is one of the main reasons, but also the fact that I travel 6 hours each way alone (doing nothing), spending about $100 a tournament, and only doing stuff for like 20 hours...

May take a break from smashboards as well... I'll see how I feel later this week...

Anyways, see you guys later. Hopefully I won't be out for too long (I like hanging out with most of you... except Trevor, he doesn't like bananas...). But yeah, have fun, and good luck to you all.
I take this as a personal shoutout. :)

I am a beeeeeeeeeeach that likes mmmmmbananas, I promise.

I hope everything turns out well for you Rob, look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Top Bottom