• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Attendance sucks because there are no Islanders. Therefore, people don't feel like going since we're not going. We're the life of the tournament.

People like watching Ganons and Bowsers **** people, as well as watch mainlanders they think are really good get destroyed by Islanders :p

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Put me (and therefore Trevor) as unconfirmed.

It is very unlikely that I will go. Main reason being it's my sister's birthday on the 13th, and if my family does something on her birthday, it will likely be on that weekend or the day of her birthday (Monday), so... if it's on the weekend, I'm confirmed not to go. If it's not... then maybe. There's still other things that may make me miss this... but my sister's birthday is the main thing. And I will gladly miss a tournament for her birthday.

If I go... anyone up for a mm on Spear Pillar? Real smash players play on that stage :p

Also accepting other mm's of course :p

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Attendance sucks because there are no Islanders. Therefore, people don't feel like going since we're not going. We're the life of the tournament.

People like watching Ganons and Bowsers **** people, as well as watch mainlanders they think are really good get destroyed by Islanders :p
This means you guys have no reason not to come to Phoenix 5, amirite? =]

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11700041#post11700041

Looks like we already have that stagelist as of this tournament.
I'm interested to see what they decide to use as the starter/counterpick system, or if they even keep that.
Very interesting...I like where that idea is headed. I feel like I ninja'd that stagelist. =D

Edit: We will also be doing a Brawl Minus singles side event for this monthly. We will start it after regular singles finishes, and the tentative entry fee will be $5 (though if the general consensus is that $5 is too much, this may be lowered).

:005:

Cheeszeman_

Smash Cadet
Yaaaaay no islanders!!!!!

edit: i'm getting good at this forum thing! instead of making another post, i'm just gunna EDIT this one!

Brawl MINUS parallel tourney? i choose my wording parallel because i view it at utmost equal importance to vanilla brawl.

Asa

Smash Hero
that's mainly just against sonic cuz he becomes invincible in his spindash on that stage, as well as yoshi's island

if you play a sonic, strike yoshi's island and ban picto/yoshi's

Captain L

Smash Champion
Look up his videos from last tourney to see how bad Robert is on RC.
I hear pikachu has chaingrab shenanigans though.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I only went there because everyone banned Brinstar. All three of Landon, Jake, and Asa banned Brinstar in our matches if I recall correctly. And all three ended very close (forget Landon ending, Jake was last good hit wins (he threw an egg, I punished his ending lag and killed him), Asa and I both suicided our last stocks).

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
I only went there because everyone banned Brinstar. All three of Landon, Jake, and Asa banned Brinstar in our matches if I recall correctly. And all three ended very close (forget Landon ending, Jake was last good hit wins (he threw an egg, I punished his ending lag and killed him), Asa and I both suicided our last stocks).
quite the opposite for me

everyone banned rainbow cruise and so i took them to brinstar : /

Captain L

Smash Champion
You forward smashed me into the bottom of the donut blocks at the pendulum when we were both at like 70% I think. I did not tech :urg:

Brinstar is pretty bad.

Crisis

Smash Ace
Is there a rule to who picks their character first, or do both players just agree? And after a match is won, does the loser choose his character or stage first?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
People often just select their character when they sit down, but sometimes, people can call for double-blind selection; that is, each player tells a third party which character they want to use, and they both make their selection afterwards. This is normally only done when both players use more than one character in tournament. This applies only to game 1. After that, selection goes in this order: stage, winner's character, loser's character.

On a side note, I need to stop underestimating the lag on my egg toss. Rob had enough time to drop under the donut blocks, jump back up at me, and hit me with a Fair before I could get away. =/ I might've had time to shield it, but I don't think it occured to me at the time.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
single every single day
do it every single way
make them single ladies say
oh jake

speaking of which, can't wait for this upcoming oh jake

Asa

Smash Hero
single every single day
do it every single way
make them single ladies say
oh jake

speaking of which, can't wait for this upcoming oh jake

SKidd

Smash Master
Hey guys,

I just had a brilliant idea.

What if

we had

a PR

for the cutest Brawl players in BC!!?!?!?!

1. Landon
2. SKidd
3. Jake

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Hey guys,

I just had a brilliant idea.

What if

we had

a PR

for the cutest Brawl players in BC!!?!?!?!

1. Landon
2. SKidd
3. Jake
That's so subjective though... :x

Haha wow. That just shows how long it's been since I've updated my account. No I main Lucario :D!
Cool, we don't have any Lucario mains yet (at least, none that don't live hours away in Golden). +1 character diversity.

Top Bottom