• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I might play later.

KoopaBros., sorry, but what's your IRL name again?

And you registered in 2005, lol, how?
Sure. Maybe sometime.

Melee came out in 2001, and I played it competively for a while (not very well though).

My first name is Tynan, in real life.

I might be free tonight and tomorrow I should be free to play too.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Due to another tournament being held in Oregon at the exact same time as the Victoria monthly, and most of the Islanders who were going to come here are instead going to that tournament, and probably a few Islanders going to that tournament instead as well (me possibly being included lol), the Victoria monthly will be postponed. Instead, we may be hosting (if Jake agrees) the February monthly.

I don't remember which tournament it was that was happening, but there is one. lol :p

Asa

Smash Hero
due to another tournament being held in oregon at the exact same time as the victoria monthly, and most of the islanders who were going to come here are instead going to that tournament, and probably a few islanders going to that tournament instead as well (me possibly being included lol), the victoria monthly will be postponed. Instead, we may be hosting (if jake agrees) the february monthly.

I don't remember which tournament it was that was happening, but there is one. Lol :p

and most of the islander who were going to come

most of the islanders

islanders

?????

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
It's be in Port Coquitlam as usual, and it'll probably take place around the end of February. I'll update when I confirm the date, which I'll probably do towards the end of the week.

:005:

HNG

Smash Journeyman
So, when will Asa come back? Will we still have a stream next month? Plzplzplz stream. It made it so much better.

ALSO, Firefly. I have neveeerrr everrrrr played you eveeerrr. And we've been to like so many tournies together, yet we never get placed together in pools or bracket. I would like to **** your Yoshi. kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk?

Loljk ;D

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Asa won't be back for a while; at least for the rest of the semester, and I'm pretty sure he's staying in Hawaii for the Summer as well. D= As for the stream, I would definitely like to get that going again next time, if only to see how we can improve the quality for the bigger tournaments. Is it true that you have some of the equipment necessary for a livestream?

Edit: I guess doubles doesn't count. =P I'll try and make it far enough into the bracket next time for us to play. Or will I? >.>

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Indeed. I have equipment necessary for a live stream. I have Dazzle DVC100, which a lot of people have, and I have all the cable, splitters, and everything. Though, I'm not allowed to bring the laptop because it doesn't belong to me :p

Damn. We would've played if Karupin didn't beat you by luck on Picto >> ..

SKidd

Smash Master
Karupin is mad good. Shut the **** up yo

Also a stream would be great.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Karupin is mad good. Shut the **** up yo

Also a stream would be great.
HEY. KIDDO. When did I say Karupin sucked? He's obviously good, lol.

Oh yeah. I can find out how to improve quality and resize it so that we can actually see the stocks, timer, and percent. And i'll get viewers to watch ;D *coughmyfanscough*

LolJk.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Indeed. I have equipment necessary for a live stream. I have Dazzle DVC100, which a lot of people have, and I have all the cable, splitters, and everything. Though, I'm not allowed to bring the laptop because it doesn't belong to me :p

Damn. We would've played if Karupin didn't beat you by luck on Picto >> ..
Sounds perfect; we can just use my laptop. =0 You should bring everything to the next monthly and we'll get it figured out. =]

And yeah, Karupin is good. However, I always seem to have really lame stuff happen to me when I play him in tournament. ;-; I'm pretty sure I could've done something to avoid that second stock BS though. XD

Edit: Where would you start with the quality? That was the biggest complaint we've been getting about the stream. =3

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Sounds perfect; we can just use my laptop. =0 You should bring everything to the next monthly and we'll get it figured out. =]

And yeah, Karupin is good. However, I always seem to have really lame stuff happen to me when I play him in tournament. ;-; I'm pretty sure I could've done something to avoid that second stock BS though. XD

Edit: Where would you start with the quality? That was the biggest complaint we've been getting about the stream. =3

Yee. Would it be alright to download stuff necessary for the Dazzle to work and the programs for the stream thing?

Apparently, from what i've heard from people, you need:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashmediaserver/flashmediaencoder/

FME. Don't know how it works, but i'll have to ask. Unless you wanna try experimenting, lol.

EDIT: Tell you what, i'll just test stream stuff if possible. Also, i'm aware many of you know that I don't stay for the entire tourney. I usually leave at around 6 or so, so Jake, it would be a bother if I set up everything, and I had to leave with my stuff. Which would suck. Does anyone possible have Dazzle or some kind of recording device..?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's what I heard too; one of your fans from the stream told me. =P I'll look into any programs that need to be downloaded, just let me know what we need.

Edit: Oh, right. D= Well, even if nobody else has anything, a stream that ends early would be better than no stream at all.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's what I heard too; one of your fans from the stream told me. =P I'll look into any programs that need to be downloaded, just let me know what we need.

Edit: Oh, right. D= Well, even if nobody else has anything, a stream that ends early would be better than no stream at all.

Yeah. I'll just ask my friend how to work that thing. Anyways, in the meantime.. I'll try to find my other capture card which I could lend you. It's EasyCap..but I'd have to look around the house for it cause I have no idea where it went after I got dazzle. lol.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Can't guarantee the islander's attendance, due to money, travel time, and stuff. It's $100 per Victorian for the trip and $200 per Campbell Riverian.

Also, I was joking last time I said it, but attendance actually turned out to be fairly low (at least all the main people showed up). This time, can we get a more consistently updated attendance list? (only 3 of the bottom 20ish of the attendance list actually showed up). As I said jokingly last time (but seriously now), I don't want to come down and end up with a 10 man tournament.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Can't guarantee the islander's attendance, due to money, travel time, and stuff. It's $100 per Victorian for the trip and $200 per Campbell Riverian.

Also, I was joking last time I said it, but attendance actually turned out to be fairly low (at least all the main people showed up). This time, can we get a more consistently updated attendance list? (only 3 of the bottom 20ish of the attendance list actually showed up). As I said jokingly last time (but seriously now), I don't want to come down and end up with a 10 man tournament.
Hopefully we can get more people to come. We should advertise more ;D .. Do you have any friends that don't usually come to tournies but wanting to try? ;3

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Well, Hng and I know at least 4-5 people on other sites that live in BC that don't go to tournies.
CraZy (I ****ing dislike this kid, offence intended. CRAZY IF YOU READ THIS, kk.), TheSeeker, Blackimar, Zebra, and Ugg v2.0. These are like the only BC players I know who can't make it because they live too far or something. I want Blackimar and TheSeeker to go too. TheSeeker can definetly go if he had a ride probably. He almost went to one but his dad had something come up iirc.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

I update the attendance list very consistently. =/ The issue isn't that the list isn't updated; it's that people post saying they're going to attend, disappear without deconfirming, and don't show up. This is what happened with a large chunk of the people on the attendance list.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
I update the attendance list very consistently. =/ The issue isn't that the list isn't updated; it's that people post saying they're going to attend, disappear without deconfirming, and don't show up. This is what happened with a large chunk of the people on the attendance list.

Like Clouderz. Lol.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I know of several brawlers who would maybe join a free for fun tournament close by where they live (mainly Nanaimo or Victoria), but the only people who would go to mainland tournaments that I can think of are those you already know (or heard about).

CraZy (I ****ing dislike this kid, offence intended. CRAZY IF YOU READ THIS, kk.), TheSeeker, Blackimar, Zebra, and Ugg v2.0.
I believe I know of CraZy and TheSeeker from somewhere... can't remember where though...

Also, when I saw Ugg, this is the first thing that popped into my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAbhJk4YJns

HNG

Smash Journeyman
I know of several brawlers who would maybe join a free for fun tournament close by where they live (mainly Nanaimo or Victoria), but the only people who would go to mainland tournaments that I can think of are those you already know (or heard about).

I believe I know of CraZy and TheSeeker from somewhere... can't remember where though...

Also, when I saw Ugg, this is the first thing that popped into my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAbhJk4YJns
Crazy: Kamploops

Seeker: Kelowna

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Ugg is probably one of the best players i've played on Wi-Fi. Reaaaalllyyy amazing for a random main. Even his Ganon is good. Omggg.

BTW, Jake. If we wanna do a Livestream, we'll need a router or some kind of connection..D:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Ugg is probably one of the best players i've played on Wi-Fi. Reaaaalllyyy amazing for a random main. Even his Ganon is good. Omggg.

BTW, Jake. If we wanna do a Livestream, we'll need a router or some kind of connection..D:
I'm aware. Hopefully somebody will have one they're willing to bring...

we should set something up for wc and ec to be at the same tournament =x
We should...too bad we're so far away. D=

Asa

Smash Hero
jj you do realize i like, offered my router up to the community.. >.>

i'm gonna be pretty bummed if you guys don't get it up

inb4thatswhatshesaid

Top Bottom