• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Whether we make it into the money or not doesn't matter. There is no point spending $100 if there are only 10 people. We travel for about 6 hours each way (depending on where we go), so 12 hours total travelling. Unless the time we spend there is worth $100 and 12 hours of us doing nothing, then I might as well go to Trevor's place for an entire weekend or something (or try to host something on the island). And since we arrive late Friday evening and leave early Sunday afternoon, the only time we really get to do anything is at the venue itself.

If people are mad at us questioning our attendance, would you go to a tournament which costed you $100, where you had to travel for 12 hours doing nothing, and only 10 people were confirmed to show up? I think the answer was very clear. When I suggested hosting a brawl tournament on the island, only 2-3 people had told me they would be interested in coming down, when almost everyone else said they wouldn't go because it was too far (or some other excuse). So don't get mad at us for not going if you're not going to do the same.

No islanders show up to the mainland tournaments (aside from me and Trevor) because it costs way too much money, and they don't think it's worth it. So... yeah.

Hopefully I made my point.

We are not saying we are not going for sure. We are simply saying that if the attendance doesn't improve, we will just decide not to go. There is still plenty of time before the tournament, so plenty of time for the attendance to rise. However, that said, we also have to book time off work... so there isn't too much time left for us to decide.

For the record, not that it matters, but in Phoenix 5, we both made the money in doubles, and I made the money in singles.
i

i paid 2 plane tickets+Visa

and it doesn't cost 100$...

Joking.. blue yoshi i hope you can made it :)

Asa

Smash Hero
guys, we should all change our profile pic to jj's face lol

also jake it's about time you change your profile pic. when are you gonna ****ing evolve?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Great! =] Doubles registration will be starting at around 11:00am on February 26th, and the bracket will start sometime shortly afterwards (once everybody's signed up). All of this information is in the post at the top of the page, for future reference.

:005:

SKidd

Smash Master
guys, we should all change our profile pic to jj's face lol

also jake it's about time you change your profile pic. when are you gonna ****ing evolve?
Meh
I'm comfortable with anime girls
And how old was he there 11?

sounds good to me
: D

I might come if you will let me have a melee setup.
I will play you in Melee =D

AJ, we do normally have a Melee set-up for when we're not doing pools/not in the first few rounds of the brackets. It would be pretty cool if you could make it. =3

:005:
Jake why are you so ****ing cute

Asa

Smash Hero
thank you landon

you should go on MS paint and be creative with it XD

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Like put on pikachu ears or a really big yoshi tongue!

Sounds tight. Lemme talk around and see what I come up with.

Also, wanted to bring this to attention.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=97736

It's about time that brawl is united with a single ruleset and a bunch of people are trying to solidify it. It's not perfect in any means yet but that doesn't mean it can't be cahnged later in the future. Community is still seperated, not really good, you know?

And thaaaaaaaat being said, who's planning on going to genesis?

Captain L

Smash Champion
I think it would depend on whether or not they would let us. Since the attendance for ours looks pretty bad so far I would actually not mind at least asking.

Captain L

Smash Champion
basically you're laughing at the idea that other people won't laugh at another idea.

lol.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Why not combine them, have one (e.g. melee) on the Saturday, and one (e.g. brawl), on the sunday, and have several side events for each throughout (e.g. Falcon only, low tier, smash 64, brawl plus, etc.).

Edit: hmm... since both events are happening on the same weekend, I'll book the day off. However, if the tournaments do end up happening at the same time, and there is a low attendance planned for brawl, I will go to melee instead. So... either merge the tournaments, or convince alot more people to show up. Otherwise, I may be making my long overdue return to a melee tournament.

Edit edit: Also, even though there are like 10 melee smashers in Victoria, some that I see frequently, you guys are the first who have told me that the melee tournament is happening in two weeks. Even though half of you guys don't even care about melee, you're more reliable than my fellow melee players here... >_>

lol...

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
yeah if you guys have the tournament on sunday, then I'll pop down. Nice lil double feature. I'll be needing that melee setup for sure tho.

The date change was changed for yakal. yakal has to win so he won't be under matt at the next pr. :)

edit: I essentially brought it up. Give me credit not these DUM BARLWERZ

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
OMG BEST SIDE EVENT!!!

it's a 1 v 1, but both players are blindfolded (or just playing without a view at the screen, e.g. behind the TV), and both have a guide to tell them what to do. I saw a thread in the 64 section about this, and we must do it. Although I believe it would turn out better in smash 64, but it should work for brawl as well.

Actually, if I can get a good guide, I may accept a me blindfolded (or just playing behind the TV) with a guide vs someone playing normally in a smash 64 match.

Now I want to play matches like that :p

But yeah, anyone willing to accept a 64 money match where I am unable to see the screen and have a guide? :p

Top Bottom