• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Asa

Smash Hero
omfg i hate you so much

At the last tournament, me and SKidd were the first ones there, and we couldn't play because he didn't have a sensor bar. This exact same thing happened with me and Clouderz about a year ago as well. -.-

:005:
why don't you just leave the wii used to set up the tvs at the venue?

skidd knows good music, unlike his peers that like rebecca black

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
classic controller ftw... sorry i cant be there atm D: had to work late >.> i'll be at the next one promise.

Captain L

Smash Champion
was there a cell phone charger left at the venue?

I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY need it if it was.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
How badly did BYosh sandbag?
or did you all start actually learning the GaW MU?
xD
So..When he wins.. he isn't sandbagging? And when he loses, he is sandbagging? I don't get it.

Uhh. I got 4th, lol. I think Deap got 5th or 6th cause I beat him in brackets in..I think was it winners? Not sure. But results will be posted soon anyways.

breez

Smash Ace
deap thinks his olimar is better than mine

lol

IT"S ON DEAP
lmao no

So..When he wins.. he isn't sandbagging? And when he loses, he is sandbagging? I don't get it.

Uhh. I got 4th, lol. I think Deap got 5th or 6th cause I beat him in brackets in..I think was it winners? Not sure. But results will be posted soon anyways.
You have sick handspeed/tech skill. You also have some tricky little mindgames up your little Asian sleeves - when are you going to take a top spot mang? Play more MK dittos with me sir ;)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Ggs everyone.

UGH!!! WHY CAN I NEVER TAKE SMASH SERIOUSLY ANYMORE??? First I get 2-0'd two weeks ago in smash 64 vs someone in Victoria that I could have easily 5-stock (or even JV 6-stock) if I tried (I just... didn't feel like killing him at all... everyone watching was mad at me for overly sandbagging... and they all knew I was HEAVILY overly sandbagging), then I come here and not take the tournament seriously at all...

My only serious matches I did this entire weekend was mine and Deap's 30 or so money matches at his place. So intense and so fun XD. I generally hate Meta Knight with a passion and think he's just a stupid character in general, but the way Deap played him, it was actually fun matches... probably the first time I've ever said playing against MK is fun, but it was :)

But yeah... thankfully my doubles partner was also in a lulzy mood for doubles (DOUBLE PUFF FTW!!! :p).

But yeah... as far as singles goes, I was trying to take it seriously, but after I got up-air chain to tornado'd by Ben's MK within 5 seconds of us starting the game in pools, I just... didn't feel like playing brawl much anymore.

On a side note, (not that it would have changed much at all, but something which I found REALLY annoying, as well as several others)... PLEASE BE QUIET IF THERE IS A TOURNAMENT MATCH HAPPENING. DO NOT TALK TO PEOPLE PLAYING A MATCH, EVEN IF THEY ARE DOING A PUFF DITTO!!! Several times, people came to my match and kept talking to either me or my opponent, and it threw both of us off... especially when it was me vs Jake... there was never a 1 minute period that I can remember where we weren't bothered at all.

Also, I know it's kinda unavoidable, but as far as social chat goes... try to talk quietly if you're near a tourney match. I am mainly saying this due to the girls talking non-stop during the tournament (to the point where I told Eric that we should play our tourney match away from them). It's really annoying when you're trying to concentrate, but you hear other people talking very loudly.

I'm basically asking people to be respectful to others playing a match. Sure the "Wow did you see that" cheers can't be avoided, but the constant yelling of "Go Ben!" from the other side of the room every 5 seconds gets annoying very fast, and throws everyone off their game. I even told Jake to "pause" our match to tell the girls to be quiet.

Sorry, a bit of a rant, but something which I found very annoying.

Anyways, on the lighter side, ggs to everyone I played. Diddy Dittos were just too good (vs Feint and Jake). SO MUCH FUN!!! And ggs to everyone playing smash 64 (my favourite moment in that is easily me somehow saving Andy with Luigi at the very Bottom of Sector Z. We just laughed for like 2 minutes straight afterwards XD :)

I may or may not show up to the next tournament (the one on April 16th), since it's like one tournament right after another. Probably will depend on attendance...

SKidd

Smash Master
Sounds like Rob is really wanting you to shut the **** up when he plays.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Blue yoshi brings up a fair complaint. Hearing people talk to you or about you or to your opponent while playing can be really distracting, and I think when vsing yoshi it's especially bad (so much patience and timing required).

Asa

Smash Hero

On a side note, (not that it would have changed much at all, but something which I found REALLY annoying, as well as several others)... PLEASE BE QUIET IF THERE IS A TOURNAMENT MATCH HAPPENING. DO NOT TALK TO PEOPLE PLAYING A MATCH, EVEN IF THEY ARE DOING A PUFF DITTO!!! Several times, people came to my match and kept talking to either me or my opponent, and it threw both of us off... especially when it was me vs Jake... there was never a 1 minute period that I can remember where we weren't bothered at all.

Also, I know it's kinda unavoidable, but as far as social chat goes... try to talk quietly if you're near a tourney match. I am mainly saying this due to the girls talking non-stop during the tournament (to the point where I told Eric that we should play our tourney match away from them). It's really annoying when you're trying to concentrate, but you hear other people talking very loudly.

I'm basically asking people to be respectful to others playing a match. Sure the "Wow did you see that" cheers can't be avoided, but the constant yelling of "Go Ben!" from the other side of the room every 5 seconds gets annoying very fast, and throws everyone off their game. I even told Jake to "pause" our match to tell the girls to be quiet.

Sorry, a bit of a rant, but something which I found very annoying.
it sucks but you just have to deal with it lol. no johns

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
sounds like u mad bro :3
-dead- @ this account

Blue yoshi brings up a fair complaint. Hearing people talk to you or about you or to your opponent while playing can be really distracting, and I think when vsing yoshi it's especially bad (so much patience and timing required).
Agreed. I think it's even worse for me though because messing up timing or spacing hurts Yoshi more than it hurts G&W. =[

:005:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
It's happened several times to me recently quite a few times in Victoria in serious-ish matches... and it's really getting annoying. Sure, if it's a joke friendly, it doesn't matter, and I'll take part in the conversations while failing my spacing, but if it's a tourney match... I don't swear, but basically...

Sounds like Rob is really wanting you to shut the **** up when he plays.
I was trying to take the tournament seriously again when I was facing Jake (GaW vs Yoshi), and for the most part I was able to, but whenever stuff was happening... people kept talking, and it was excessively distracting for the both of us. Not saying that caused the loss (Jake won very legitimately), but... after that, it kinda... I can't think of the right word... but, you know what I mean.

Top Bottom