• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Captain L

Smash Champion
when you think you stand a better chance of winning the 2v1 than a 2v2 with one less stock.

Basil

Smash Apprentice
Wait, when don't you want to steal stocks other than when your partner is about to die on his second to last anyway?
If your parnter (or you) feels like they can 2v1 better, then you should opt to keep the stocks. For example, You're mk, 2 stocks, 150 percent. Your partner just died, and he sucks in 2v1, or he may be a character that can't handle the two opposing characters well (like maybe olimar or some other garbage low tier). It would be wiser to have your remaining stock, and a full new stock as MK.

In the event that you're 2v1'ing and you manage to take out one of the opponents, you could choose to have your partner take your stock and proceed to carefully 2v1 the opponent. It depends on how you feel in a 1v1 situation with whomever you are facing. For example, I certainly wouldn't want to do a 1v1 against falco, I'd rather have my partner take my stock so I can comfortably approach the matchup.

That's weird. Brawl's weird. All you people are weirdos.
It's not weird, it's logical.

im not a weirdo :awesome:
We'll see..

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
If your parnter (or you) feels like they can 2v1 better, then you should opt to keep the stocks. For example, You're mk, 2 stocks, 150 percent. Your partner just died, and he sucks in 2v1, or he may be a character that can't handle the two opposing characters well (like maybe olimar or some other garbage low tier). It would be wiser to have your remaining stock, and a full new stock as MK.

In the event that you're 2v1'ing and you manage to take out one of the opponents, you could choose to have your partner take your stock and proceed to carefully 2v1 the opponent. It depends on how you feel in a 1v1 situation with whomever you are facing. For example, I certainly wouldn't want to do a 1v1 against falco, I'd rather have my partner take my stock so I can comfortably approach the matchup.
See I get at 150%. That means you're gonna die soon unless you are one of the three heavy characters in the game and to let your buddy take your stock then would be to just not get to use your own stock. However up to about 100% (we'll stick with MK) with any character as your partner, regardless of who he is he can stop that 1v2 on the lone metaknight and can shift the tide so THEY have a 2v1 on the opponents team. Now they have the upper hand and just have to play smart and cool.

The situations that I believe a stock steal shouldn't be done are usually known by the person who will be stealing the stock. He lost 3 before his partner lost 2 which is usually for a reason. Either he's playing bad, he's the weakest link, he's playing too reckless, or SOMETHING. From that he can evaluate whether or not he feels comfortable taking the stock, and he'll normally know whether or not his partner wants to take the stock or not.

Maybe it's just the 3 stocks vs 4, the lack of volatility for speed in matches, the heavier and larger hitboxes or something, but I still stand by my belief that bringing things back to a 2v2 is safer automatically than hoping that a 2v1 is going to pan out your way. That's just dangerous and gutsy.

And on top of that, I think it's silly to need a code word to steal stocks. Ain't nothin' that the opposing team is gonna do regardless. Try to kill you faster before the person spawns? naww

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Wait, when don't you want to steal stocks other than when your partner is about to die on his second to last anyway?
Lets say you are Meta Knight, your teammate is Ganondorf, and both your opponents are Sheiks. If you are about to die, the last thing you want to do is let a Ganondorf have to deal with one, or maybe even two sheiks alone. Yes, 2v2 is usually better than 2v1, but looking ahead, you'd probably prefer to have MK face two mid-percent sheiks on his last stock than have a Ganondorf face one mid-percent sheik on his last stock.

Either that, or your teammate is M2K, where you should just never steal his stock and let him beat everyone anyways.

That's weird. Brawl's weird. All you people are weirdos.
I agree. Brawl is weird. We should all be playing melee or 64 instead.

Un soldado a casa regreso
Y un niño enfermo se curo
Y hoy no hay trabajo en el bosque de la lluvia

Un desamparado se salvo
Por causa de una buena acción
Y hoy ya nadie lo repudia, aleluya!

Aleluya,
Aleluya,
Aleluya,
Aleluya,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzB8xC_CwH8 <3
As Deap would have probably expected, I figured out exactly what the song was at the end of the second paragraph, the four "Aleluya"s confirmed it, and the video also confirmed it. See guys, if you are fluent in French or Spanish, you can understand the other :)

See I get at 150%. That means you're gonna die soon unless you are one of the three heavy characters in the game
I assume the three heavy characters in the game are Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Mr. Game & Watch... ;)

the purpose of a secret word is to have a way to meow in public
Now I want to do some really random word to steal a stock. And I know just the word XD.

SKidd

Smash Master
I disagree. Elvis is (In my opinion :D) the greatest singer of all time.

UserClandestine

Smash Rookie
So, here's a roster update from my group ...

UserClandestine
00Large
WetCat
The Phildo
Kelsey

No word on if a satellite group (through Kelsey) will make it or not, but I've asked for info and I'll post it here when I get it.

Also, if we wanted to bring friends to the tourney, are they exempt from the $5 venue fee, or does that apply to everyone attending the event (regardless if they're playing or not).

Asa

Smash Hero
User,

BC isn't really strict on the venue fee thing, for a couple reasons
1. we usually don't care
2. the venue is a public place anyway so it's hard to enforce

so i don't think spectators would have to pay

who do your friends main?

UserClandestine

Smash Rookie
User,

BC isn't really strict on the venue fee thing, for a couple reasons
1. we usually don't care
2. the venue is a public place anyway so it's hard to enforce

so i don't think spectators would have to pay

who do your friends main?
UserClandestine: Kirby, Falco
00Large: Zelda, Ganondorf
WetCat: Lucas, Ike
The Phildo: Pit, Toon Link
Kelsey: Peach, Mario

Asa

Smash Hero
dude, lucas isn't the monster on wifi

it's 2-day old toon links :(

i can help you with falco, user :)

Asa

Smash Hero
yayyyy new people <3

OLIMAR
yo, you're my best friend now
i'll show you how to oli :)

skidd is a mario main who's 10 years old. he guessed peach cuz your name is kelsey

got msn? O:

Kelsey

Smash Rookie
yayyyy new people <3

OLIMAR
yo, you're my best friend now
i'll show you how to oli :)

skidd is a mario main who's 10 years old. he guessed peach cuz your name is kelsey

got msn? O:
Lol...nah I'm actually a dude, who play peach. I'd love to see some oli tricks. I'm actually wanting to get my fox in order...he has flashes of greatness but I get in some rotten ruts.

Asa

Smash Hero
Yay for updates! -goes to watch videos against zelda, ganondorf, pit, toon link, peach, and kirby-
for zelda, just shield. gg

Lol...nah I'm actually a dude, who play peach. I'd love to see some oli tricks. I'm actually wanting to get my fox in order...he has flashes of greatness but I get in some rotten ruts.
bundtcake has a pretty good fox and peach, he could give you some tips. he also secondaries kirby :)

peach is such a bad matchup for olimar though, :X ****

i've got an entire canoe full of olimar tricks

Top Bottom