• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

HNG

Smash Journeyman
lol, thanks. no i will not go the **** to sleep.

So uh, what's AE??? and also, is brawl only on Saturday? If that's the case, I only come one day?

Also, it says the brawl tournament will be FFA format. Sooo..FFA as in..4 people in one game..playing against each other? x:

Metà

Smash Master
lol, thanks. no i will not go the **** to sleep.

So uh, what's AE??? and also, is brawl only on Saturday? If that's the case, I only come one day?

Also, it says the brawl tournament will be FFA format. Sooo..FFA as in..4 people in one game..playing against each other? x:
oh sh*t, i've been meaning to change that

i'll be using the rules you guys usually use at your tournaments

HNG

Smash Journeyman
oh sh*t, i've been meaning to change that

i'll be using the rules you guys usually use at your tournaments
Okay good lmao. Cause I was wondering why there wasn't much information on brawl??? And also, will there be doubles? O: Oh and, if you want, i could "donate" a PSP game errr... NBA Live 08. It's new and still in the package etc but, it's sorta a old game and idk if anyone would want it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Also, I made this and posted it in the tier list thread. I'm so proud, thought I'd share it here too.

*snip*
Picture is nice but, as an art critic, I must point out a fatal flaw.

Why is Zelda on the verge of dying? Why does Diddy's Banana Peel have a clearer image and higher feeling of importance than Zelda, who is an actual character and not something that is thrown and something of an annoyance.

At least Ganondorf has a proper, upright posture.

Lastly, GO TO BED GUYS! I'm already half dead at 8pm. Shorter lifespan, hormonal imbalances, weight gain....

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Picture is nice but, as an art critic, I must point out a fatal flaw.

Why is Zelda on the verge of dying? Why does Diddy's Banana Peel have a clearer image and higher feeling of importance than Zelda, who is an actual character and not something that is thrown and something of an annoyance.

At least Ganondorf has a proper, upright posture.

Lastly, GO TO BED GUYS! I'm already half dead at 8pm. Shorter lifespan, hormonal imbalances, weight gain....
Was this supposed to be a joke, cause if it was, good stuff.

But for reals, that's exactly what zelda is and bananas >>> zelda.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think we all know bananas would not be low tier. Be glad Zelda wasn't in the Gang
things
plank Galleon pirate frenzy pile. :p

Looking back, I'm loling at Luigi and lucario/dedede and Wario and the big pile of low tiers :p

SKidd

Smash Master
hmm SFU isn't as far away from me as I thought, nor does it look overly complicated to get to. I'll check to see if I'm allowed.

Also I'm gonna win this monthly guys. I've been practicing not at all so much!
We need to have a pride match. And record it. Speaking of which, what recording setups are we going to have? And I guess a livestream is out of the question...

What if you put your SD card in my/someone else's Wii? Would that work?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I've been practicing as well!...
[collapse=spoiler]
against computers
[/collapse]

I wanna play some seriouslies at this monthly. I've found the psychological trick to success.

SKidd

Smash Master
I've been practicing as well!...
[collapse=spoiler]
against computers
[/collapse]

I wanna play some seriouslies at this monthly. I've found the psychological trick to success.
We gotta be sure to play
I want that diddy experience <3

Captain L

Smash Champion
live stream is not out of the question, I just don't know who'd want it/who'd want to watch it. Bryan left his router at the venue right? And HNG has a dazzle, and I have a laptop, so I don't see why it couldn't work. I also have a friend who has a dazzle and might come to this tournament... Maybe.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12294

For those who didn't see my edit.

Everyone bring setups, it won't run without them!

Kantrip

Kantplay
As long as I don't have a bunch of johns and mess up my playing big time from nerves, my diddy will actually be representative of what it's supposed to look like. Just with slower reaction times and less flashiness.

I'm impartial to a livestream, though it is cool. As long as there are SD cards and setups to save replays on.

SKidd

Smash Master
live stream is not out of the question, I just don't know who'd want it/who'd want to watch it. Bryan left his router at the venue right? And HNG has a dazzle, and I have a laptop, so I don't see why it couldn't work. I also have a friend who has a dazzle and might come to this tournament... Maybe.

For those who didn't see my edit.

Everyone bring setups, it won't run without them!
This.

As long as there are SD cards and setups to save replays on.
This guy knows what's up.

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
Whoa O.o?? smashboards has changed a lot since i last logged on wow....:p...hows it going guys?? havnt seen any of you in a while....i havnt played smash a reaaaaalllyyy looong time..but im starting to miss it...i was wondering if anyone was down to meet up and play some SMASH??? well let me know most preferebly this weekend im free! so message me back ttyl ;)

Metà

Smash Master
hmm SFU isn't as far away from me as I thought, nor does it look overly complicated to get to. I'll check to see if I'm allowed.

Also I'm gonna win this monthly guys. I've been practicing not at all so much!

attend this please :)
please bring a set-up if you come

Okay good lmao. Cause I was wondering why there wasn't much information on brawl??? And also, will there be doubles? O: Oh and, if you want, i could "donate" a PSP game errr... NBA Live 08. It's new and still in the package etc but, it's sorta a old game and idk if anyone would want it.
don't bother with the game

please bring a set-up though

Whoa O.o?? smashboards has changed a lot since i last logged on wow....:p...hows it going guys?? havnt seen any of you in a while....i havnt played smash a reaaaaalllyyy looong time..but im starting to miss it...i was wondering if anyone was down to meet up and play some SMASH??? well let me know most preferebly this weekend im free! so message me back ttyl ;)
hey vincent, long time no see

i'm running a brawl tournament for charity this saturday at sfu surrey, you should come

HNG

Smash Journeyman
So like, I have a Dazzle an EasyCAP recording device. I could let the BC Smash community use the easycap for livestream purposes as long as some of you don't lose it. It works just as great as Dazzle so that isn't a problem. All recording devices are pretty much the exact same. It's just the popularity of the product. ;o

Also, I'm pretty much guaranteed to go to the SFU smash event on Saturday. If there's a brawl doubles event, Captain L, ASSUMING YOU WILL GO, wanna team? o:

:phone:

Captain L

Smash Champion
Sorry meta but I don't have a functioning set up :(

HNG if I go and there's doubles I'll team with you but ONLY if we can still team for the monthly ;)

Captain L

Smash Champion
putting my SD card in someone else wii would not give it infinite replay capability unless they have homebrew, and odds are if they have homebrew they already have some sort of infinite replay hack on their SD card.

The method to get infinite replays that I don't use is the one which doesn't require homebrew, and that's where you go into stage builder I think and it boots codes from there. Apparently it's way easier so maybe I should try setting up my SD card for that this tourney?

SKidd

Smash Master
Why wouldn't it? o.o

It's just data storage... you can save the replay to any SD card that's in the Wii slot.
I just wanted to tell you this: You're ubiquitous.
Seriously, there isn't a board you don't post in.

putting my SD card in someone else wii would not give it infinite replay capability unless they have homebrew, and odds are if they have homebrew they already have some sort of infinite replay hack on their SD card.

The method to get infinite replays that I don't use is the one which doesn't require homebrew, and that's where you go into stage builder I think and it boots codes from there. Apparently it's way easier so maybe I should try setting up my SD card for that this tourney?
I dunno much about SD card stuff. What about Andy and his hacks? And HNG(If he comes <_<)? And everyone else?

Captain L

Smash Champion
if you load hacks using Andy's SD card I believe the infinite replay would stick even after you pull the card out, then you could put in another SD card to save them to. I think. Oh you also have to have no custom stages on your wii. Like not even then default ones. However I may be completely wrong about this.

Where is Andy?

HNG you'd better come

There'll be like 15 people

Ish

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden

Not completely true, I have Homebrew but it likes to troll me and my codes don't work.

You're right about the Stage Builder method, it's mad ez, but my Wii trolls me hard and none of my codes work. Probably just goofed somewhere but i've tried almost everything, lol. Might just be my SD.

But yeah, is there any other way to load up Brawl without the sensor bar? No Classic or Homebrew. I'm doubting there is so I might need to go back to Melee LOL.

(My sensor bar randomly disappeared on me so my friend stole his sister's and gave it to me, but she wants it back now).

:c

Captain L

Smash Champion
point the wiimote at a light or something. You can probably use that to find the pointer on your screen just to start up the game.

Two candles that are a short distance apart from each other is ideal if I recall correctly.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Yes Captain L, we can team for the monthly. As long as I go that is ;o

Uh, Sinister, I can see why your codes won't work if you go to the tourney at SFU. Also, I use riivolution for loading hacks. If you take my SD card out, it freezes. Captain L bring your laptop to SFU plz. We can record some stuff if you'd like. Do you have MSN?

:phone:

Captain L

Smash Champion
Meta said that SFU is really strict about only legal copies of the game... Would hacks count as illegal even if they still use a legitimate copy of the game?

I should also search up random long words and post that pic when I see someone use them

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
SKidd, I disagree with your statement. I do not believe T-Block posts in the 64 boards often. So therefore, he is not in EVERY board.

Edit: My current schedule (which I know up to Friday the 15th) has me working until 9pm on the Friday. The last ferry from Victoria leaves at 9pm. So that said, unless my schedule changes, I will not be coming down on the Friday. And I am not going to ask to leave early.

So that said, assuming my schedule stays as it is, and assuming I get Saturday off, and assuming I am planning on coming down on Saturday morning to the tournament, would somebody be able to pick me up at the ferry? If I take the earliest ferry then all the busses, I will arrive probably after 2pm, so if someone could pick me up so I arrive a little sooner, that would be great.

Also, if I somehow have Saturday and Sunday off, would it be possible for someone to house me on the Saturday/Sunday night? Otherwise, I'd have to leave at around 3pm to get to the ferry on time, which would make the entire trip not even worth it.

I got distracted while typing this out, and I'm too lazy and tired to re-read what I typed, so here's a summary of what should be here:

I cannot come down on Friday because I work past the last sailing. If I come down Saturday, can someone pick me up at the ferry? And can someone house me for that night?

Also looking for a doubles partner if I come down. Just a warning... what character I decide to use in doubles is still up in the air.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nothing but discrimination and hatred in this thread :<

Rob, I dunno about housing but if you need a ride to a nearby station, I can definitely take you there. This is all assuming I can make it on Saturday of course, which I should be able to do.

Top Bottom