• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I wasn't sure if I should bump this or not. lol

Risonhighmer

Smash Rookie
All the way in Ridge? Bummer. I was hoping to come check out the tournament at Home Video and maybe get some friendlies in, see how much more training I need before easing myself into actually competing. Now that it's in ridge I don't think I can be bothered to bus out there. Next time! :D

Captain L

Smash Champion
it's basically on the border of Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows, if that makes a difference.

Also peeps are coming from Alberta and Ontario and Washington so it'll be hypeeee

Asa

Smash Hero
At the moment me and L are teaming, but that may change. i'll keep you updated.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Crisis said earlier that he won't have his car for Saturday, and he'll have to take the bus. :x

Edit:
All the way in Ridge? Bummer. I was hoping to come check out the tournament at Home Video and maybe get some friendlies in, see how much more training I need before easing myself into actually competing. Now that it's in ridge I don't think I can be bothered to bus out there. Next time! :D
This is going to be the biggest tourament by a wide margin for a while though...! If you'd rather wait for a monthly, it's up to you, but this weekend's tournament is very much worth coming to. =]

:005:

HNG

Smash Journeyman
pffft you need to get eliminated in pools and then john that you're not interested in the game before you retire...
pfftttt. I only considered going cause I remembered Captain L and I were gonna team, aaanddd I don't wanna take the bus xD

Crisis

Smash Ace
pfftttt. I only considered going cause I remembered Captain L and I were gonna team, aaanddd I don't wanna take the bus xD
i think it's worth the 2 hour bus ride. something like this might never happen in bc again

but meeh, at least watch the stream =P

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If you like playing good players you've never played before, and don't mind losing a lot, then it'd be stupid not to come. If you only like the game because you have a decent shot at doing well, then don't come.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Asa, I see your post count is no longer 3000. I am disappoint.

And also, just for clarification, I have been telling people (half-joking, half-serious) that if MK isn't banned next tournament that I won't show up to a tournament. I will still show up. I was overexagerating. However, the reason why I've been saying that is because I've been hearing from several people that if MK does get banned in the unity ruleset, he may not be banned in BC. If this does happen, and MK is banned everywhere, but BC decides not to ban him, I may not show up. I don't care if people say Ben is the only one who uses him (which isn't true, there's Deap, HNG, and a couple of others), if MK is banned everywhere, but not in BC, I may not show up until BC does ban him.

Anyways, that is a discussion for another time. I thought I'd clarify that I will still be showing up to tournaments since I think several people are thinking I am not.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Deap would play Olimar, HNG is probably quitting anyways, and Ben would quit?

Or

Deap plays MK, HNG is probably quitting anyways, and Rob would quit?

Are we really losing players no matter what if Unity bans MK. Do we have to hope MK remains legal in Unity then?

HNG should keep playing and go reverse anubis with me at the next tournament.

:lucas:

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Deap would play Olimar, HNG is probably quitting anyways, and Ben would quit?

Or

Deap plays MK, HNG is probably quitting anyways, and Rob would quit?

Are we really losing players no matter what if Unity bans MK. Do we have to hope MK remains legal in Unity then?

HNG should keep playing and go reverse anubis with me at the next tournament.

:lucas:
Who are you? And ehh, if I find enough interest, I'll start playing again lol.

Top Bottom