• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Asa

Smash Hero
Wasn't crisis available to take u to bens?

KANTRIP ur post count on this thread = 1193

11+9+3 = 23

DEAR GOD

:phone:

Crisis

Smash Ace
Well I didn't suggest it lol but I probably can if you split for gas and I get the address.

I can't get you guys to the venue on saturday though, so I don't know how that's going to work.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Well either way I have some stuff to do this weekend now anyways. So... I'll see y'all next month or something. I'll see Landon anyways, since we're headed down to Washington or whatever.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm I need two non-Internet meme, non-trolling, and non-Pony based songs for Final Destination. Suggestions please?

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Nobody can understand the importance of what I do.

Sometimes I wonder why.

Then I remember people are stupid by nature and don't want to change it often times.

So I keep doing my job.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Arcansi, for the sake of your sanity I suggest you stop debating.

You're never going to stop. The rest of SWF will never stop.

Everybody is smart. We just don't always show our genius. :)

Arcansi

Smash Champion
If I would lose my sanity by arguing, my sanity is already sacrifice.

If people were truly smart, their genius would show.

Life is happy. The truth isn't.

@Kantrip: It cannot be flaming if it has no target. I am quoting a mod when I say this.

| Big D |

Smash Master
It may sound like the kind of bogus claim made on late-night infomercials, but trust me when I say it's true: Arcansi arrogates to himself the right to reduce history to an overdetermined, wireframe sketch of what are, in reality, complex, dynamic events. I guess I should start by saying that that fact is simply inescapable to any thinking man or woman. "Thinking" is the key word in the previous sentence. Certain facts are clear. For instance, his flunkies often reverse the normal process of interpretation. That is, they value the unsaid over the said, the obscure over the clear.

From a purely technical point of view, when Arcansi says that there is something intellectually provocative in the tired rehashing of sinful stereotypes, in his mind, that's supposed to end the argument. It's like he believes he has said something very profound. It's really amazing, isn't it? We can put people on the Moon and send robot explorers to Mars, but identifying and naming power-hungry prevaricators is fundamentally different from using their newsgroup postings as an instrument of rebellion. (Note the heroic restraint stopping me from saying that Arcansi is secretly saying that I should just have an identity crisis.)

I am not predicting anything specific. I just have a feeling, an intuition, based on several things that are happening now that Arcansi will eroticize relations of dominance and subordination any day now. Ugly wimps ought to be worshipping at a higher altar than the bottom line of a balance sheet. The logical consequences of that are clear: It strikes me as amusing that Arcansi complains about people who do nothing but complain. Well, news flash! He does nothing but complain. He really shouldn't break up society's solidarity and cohesiveness. That's just common sense. Of course, the people who appreciate his crusades are those who eagerly root up common sense, prominently hold it out, and decry it as poison with astonishing alacrity.

Arcansi is known for undermining the current world order. This is not only a grotesque betrayal of the principles that Arcansi himself claims to uphold but a clear demonstration of how I, not being one of the many unregenerate potlickers of this world, plan to provide information and inspiration to as many people as possible. This is a choice I have made; your choice is up to you. But let me remind you that Arcansi wonders why everyone hates him. Apparently, he never stopped to think that maybe it's because as the adherents of Randian objectivism believe, when Arcansi is gone, all that will be left from his legacy of hate is the hate itself. Furthermore, as the adherents of empiricism observe, wherever politically incorrect blusterers are seen furthering political and social goals wholly or in part through activities that involve force or violence and a violation of criminal law, Arcansi is there. Wherever mindless palookas are found letting us know exactly what our attitudes should be towards various types of people and behavior, Arcansi is lurking nearby. Wherever refractory turncoats are observed repeating the mistakes of the past, Arcansi will no doubt be in the vicinity. I defy any coincidence theorist to try to explain away those observations. Clearly, Arcansi is interpersonally exploitative. That is, he takes advantage of others to achieve his own infernal ends. Why does he do that? While that question may not be as profound as "What's the meaning of life?" or "Is there a God?", there is a simple answer to the question of what to do about Arcansi's publicity stunts. The difficult part is in implementing the answer. The answer is that we must tamp down any doubts that what we are dealing with here is fashion, politics, and money.

Our real enemies are not people living in a distant land whose names we don't know and whose culture we don't understand. Our real enemies are Arcansi and all others who replace love and understanding with metagrobolism and particularism. As stated earlier, there is no doubt that he will subordinate principles of fairness to less admirable criteria as soon as our backs are turned. Believe me, I would give everything I own to be wrong on that point, but the truth is that it doesn't do us much good to become angry and wave our arms and shout about the evils of Arcansi's manuscripts in general terms. If we want other people to agree with us and join forces with us, then we must spread awareness of the hopeless nature of Arcansi's writings.

There is no inconsistency here; you may be wondering why nugatory social outcasts latch onto Arcansi's diatribes. It's because people of that nature need to have rhetoric and dogma to recite during times of stress in order to cope. That's also why Arcansi's nostrums are a logical absurdity, a series of deductions from a premise that has been denied. Speaking of absurdities, we cannot afford to waste our time, resources, and energy by dwelling upon inequities of the past. Instead, we must give peace a chance. Doing so would be significantly easier if more people were to understand that Arcansi has been fairly successful in his efforts to advocate incoherent programs of Gleichschaltung. That just goes to show what can be done with a little greed, a complete lack of scruples, and the help of a bunch of corrupt, ornery half-wits.

We must show Arcansi that we are not powerless pedestrians on the asphalt of life. We must show him that we can pronounce an enlightened and just judgment upon him. Maybe then Arcansi will realize that there is really no limit to his impudence. And here, I aver, lies a clue to the intellectual vacuum so gapingly apparent in his put-downs. Without a doubt, however, the issues surrounding cameralism are more complex and embedded than he will admit. By somewhat the same token, although I admit it's not an exact parallel, Arcansi fervently believes that newspapers should report only on items he agrees with. This shows that he is not merely mistaken about one little fact among millions of facts but that if Arcansi thinks that there's no difference between normal people like you and me and slimy madmen, then he's sadly mistaken.

Arcansi doesn't want us to fight the warped, distorted, misshapen, unwholesome monstrosity that his ideologies have become. He would rather we settle for the meatless bone of tribalism. Do not be fooled by those who uproot our very heritage and pave the way for his own piteous value system. Such people are trying to prevent you from learning that Arcansi's reason is not true reason. It does not seek the truth but only irrational answers, noxious resolutions to conflicts.

It is singularly apt that Arcansi expresses himself not in ideas but in improvident mental gestures that seek to resemble ideas. With enough time and room, it would be easy to show why this must be true, but the clinching argument is simply that if you intend to challenge someone's assertions, you need to present a counterargument. Arcansi provides none. Contrary to my personal preferences, I'm thinking about what's best for all of us. My conclusion is that what's best for all of us is for me to deal stiffly with mendacious talebearers who dissolve the bonds that join individuals to their natural communities. If Arcansi succeeds in his attempt to drag everything that is truly great into the gutter, it'll have to be over my dead body. I recently informed him that his winged monkeys rewrite and reword much of humanity's formative works to favor antiheroism. Arcansi said he'd "look further into the matter." Well, not too much further. After all, he frequently avers his support of democracy and his love of freedom. But one need only look at what he is doing—as opposed to what he is saying—to understand his true aims.

Arcansi thinks I'm trying to say that separatism is a viable and vital objective for our nation's educational institutions. Wait! I just heard something. Oh, never mind; it's just the sound of the point zooming way over Arcansi's head. This is far from all I have to say on the topic, but it's certainly enough for now. Just remember one thing: Arcansi is the lineal descendant of the cheapskates who nailed Jesus to the cross.

| Big D |

Smash Master
My cool is what?

Lol, but actually reading that, it actually makes a lot of sense, in how it refers to your writings.

Don't take that seriously, lots o <33333333333333333333333333333333 Arcansi.

And we beat New West and we play Kelowna tomorrow.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I believe the letter writing program is designed to be generally degenerate, and nothing else.

I wouldn't know, never read one.

Everything matters, and is serious because of such.

Crisis

Smash Ace
It may sound like the kind of bogus claim made on late-night infomercials, but trust me when I say it's true: Arcansi arrogates to himself the right to reduce history to an overdetermined, wireframe sketch of what are, in reality, complex, dynamic events. I guess I should start by saying that that fact is simply inescapable to any thinking man or woman. "Thinking" is the key word in the previous sentence. Certain facts are clear. For instance, his flunkies often reverse the normal process of interpretation. That is, they value the unsaid over the said, the obscure over the clear.

From a purely technical point of view, when Arcansi says that there is something intellectually provocative in the tired rehashing of sinful stereotypes, in his mind, that's supposed to end the argument. It's like he believes he has said something very profound. It's really amazing, isn't it? We can put people on the Moon and send robot explorers to Mars, but identifying and naming power-hungry prevaricators is fundamentally different from using their newsgroup postings as an instrument of rebellion. (Note the heroic restraint stopping me from saying that Arcansi is secretly saying that I should just have an identity crisis.)

I am not predicting anything specific. I just have a feeling, an intuition, based on several things that are happening now that Arcansi will eroticize relations of dominance and subordination any day now. Ugly wimps ought to be worshipping at a higher altar than the bottom line of a balance sheet. The logical consequences of that are clear: It strikes me as amusing that Arcansi complains about people who do nothing but complain. Well, news flash! He does nothing but complain. He really shouldn't break up society's solidarity and cohesiveness. That's just common sense. Of course, the people who appreciate his crusades are those who eagerly root up common sense, prominently hold it out, and decry it as poison with astonishing alacrity.

Arcansi is known for undermining the current world order. This is not only a grotesque betrayal of the principles that Arcansi himself claims to uphold but a clear demonstration of how I, not being one of the many unregenerate potlickers of this world, plan to provide information and inspiration to as many people as possible. This is a choice I have made; your choice is up to you. But let me remind you that Arcansi wonders why everyone hates him. Apparently, he never stopped to think that maybe it's because as the adherents of Randian objectivism believe, when Arcansi is gone, all that will be left from his legacy of hate is the hate itself. Furthermore, as the adherents of empiricism observe, wherever politically incorrect blusterers are seen furthering political and social goals wholly or in part through activities that involve force or violence and a violation of criminal law, Arcansi is there. Wherever mindless palookas are found letting us know exactly what our attitudes should be towards various types of people and behavior, Arcansi is lurking nearby. Wherever refractory turncoats are observed repeating the mistakes of the past, Arcansi will no doubt be in the vicinity. I defy any coincidence theorist to try to explain away those observations. Clearly, Arcansi is interpersonally exploitative. That is, he takes advantage of others to achieve his own infernal ends. Why does he do that? While that question may not be as profound as "What's the meaning of life?" or "Is there a God?", there is a simple answer to the question of what to do about Arcansi's publicity stunts. The difficult part is in implementing the answer. The answer is that we must tamp down any doubts that what we are dealing with here is fashion, politics, and money.

Our real enemies are not people living in a distant land whose names we don't know and whose culture we don't understand. Our real enemies are Arcansi and all others who replace love and understanding with metagrobolism and particularism. As stated earlier, there is no doubt that he will subordinate principles of fairness to less admirable criteria as soon as our backs are turned. Believe me, I would give everything I own to be wrong on that point, but the truth is that it doesn't do us much good to become angry and wave our arms and shout about the evils of Arcansi's manuscripts in general terms. If we want other people to agree with us and join forces with us, then we must spread awareness of the hopeless nature of Arcansi's writings.

There is no inconsistency here; you may be wondering why nugatory social outcasts latch onto Arcansi's diatribes. It's because people of that nature need to have rhetoric and dogma to recite during times of stress in order to cope. That's also why Arcansi's nostrums are a logical absurdity, a series of deductions from a premise that has been denied. Speaking of absurdities, we cannot afford to waste our time, resources, and energy by dwelling upon inequities of the past. Instead, we must give peace a chance. Doing so would be significantly easier if more people were to understand that Arcansi has been fairly successful in his efforts to advocate incoherent programs of Gleichschaltung. That just goes to show what can be done with a little greed, a complete lack of scruples, and the help of a bunch of corrupt, ornery half-wits.

We must show Arcansi that we are not powerless pedestrians on the asphalt of life. We must show him that we can pronounce an enlightened and just judgment upon him. Maybe then Arcansi will realize that there is really no limit to his impudence. And here, I aver, lies a clue to the intellectual vacuum so gapingly apparent in his put-downs. Without a doubt, however, the issues surrounding cameralism are more complex and embedded than he will admit. By somewhat the same token, although I admit it's not an exact parallel, Arcansi fervently believes that newspapers should report only on items he agrees with. This shows that he is not merely mistaken about one little fact among millions of facts but that if Arcansi thinks that there's no difference between normal people like you and me and slimy madmen, then he's sadly mistaken.

Arcansi doesn't want us to fight the warped, distorted, misshapen, unwholesome monstrosity that his ideologies have become. He would rather we settle for the meatless bone of tribalism. Do not be fooled by those who uproot our very heritage and pave the way for his own piteous value system. Such people are trying to prevent you from learning that Arcansi's reason is not true reason. It does not seek the truth but only irrational answers, noxious resolutions to conflicts.

It is singularly apt that Arcansi expresses himself not in ideas but in improvident mental gestures that seek to resemble ideas. With enough time and room, it would be easy to show why this must be true, but the clinching argument is simply that if you intend to challenge someone's assertions, you need to present a counterargument. Arcansi provides none. Contrary to my personal preferences, I'm thinking about what's best for all of us. My conclusion is that what's best for all of us is for me to deal stiffly with mendacious talebearers who dissolve the bonds that join individuals to their natural communities. If Arcansi succeeds in his attempt to drag everything that is truly great into the gutter, it'll have to be over my dead body. I recently informed him that his winged monkeys rewrite and reword much of humanity's formative works to favor antiheroism. Arcansi said he'd "look further into the matter." Well, not too much further. After all, he frequently avers his support of democracy and his love of freedom. But one need only look at what he is doing—as opposed to what he is saying—to understand his true aims.

Arcansi thinks I'm trying to say that separatism is a viable and vital objective for our nation's educational institutions. Wait! I just heard something. Oh, never mind; it's just the sound of the point zooming way over Arcansi's head. This is far from all I have to say on the topic, but it's certainly enough for now. Just remember one thing: Arcansi is the lineal descendant of the cheapskates who nailed Jesus to the cross.
obvs

Alright I'll shoot, since I haven't read a lot of your posts,

Arcansi, What are you trying to do and why is it important?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I mean I'm pretty stupid but I don't think I'm *that* stupid lol. I understand where you're coming from. I really do.

The sad thing is that you're a good person, but despite your good intentions you are getting nowhere and you are now notorious in this forum. Sometimes, you need to know which battles are your losing ones and just stop.

I think I can speak for most of us that we all like you in person. I wish you could be a little less serious and just accept the rules as they are (Brawl is just a game!). Whether or not IC's chaingrabs are banned (or whatever that thread is about) isn't really a huge concern. There's barely anybody that really focuses on IC in BC.

I think you should try the IC yourself. Chaingrabbing all the characters consistently is not easy (well besides Zelda and some others) and the reward for a lot of hard work and persistence are the benefits of a "low risk, high reward" technique, if it even is "low risk".

Arcansi

Smash Champion
obvs

Alright I'll shoot, since I haven't read a lot of your posts,

Arcansi, What are you trying to do and why is it important?
1: Be a pro gamer. This is my life dream, and it's only important to me.

2: Make every game I can as competitive as possible. This is important because it being as competitive as possible allows it to define skill as much as possible and therefore we can assure that the player who wins is always the one who is the most skilled, not the person who happened to be playing DDD vs DK on the first game double blind.

3: Understand why what is not questioned is left alone although it is questionable, and people find problems with it. This is extremely difficult as people don't want to give me answers that are both true and not "I'm too lazy".

4: Understand why people can act illogically and find it OK with themselves, especially in terms of just hating on other people (see: the start of my thread).

One good example of this is on ventrilo last night, I was talking about something, and the server admin, a good friend of mine, got mad at me for talking off topic. This was logical and I refrained. Then when I was talking on-topic, he got mad at me again. After listening to his speal about what I was saying and how it was bad, I attempted to explain to him that I was on-topic. (and I was, as other people agreed with me and articulated this.) He basically told me to shut up and that he didn't want to hear me speak.

This was something I consider horrible. It was essentially him bullying me, and the status quo (as I know because it was what I was advised to do by others) was to shut up here. I cannot understand why one would shut up here except out of fear. And I cannot understand why one would let themselves be stopped because of fear. Yet it is the culturally accepted thing to do, and acting like the admin did that night is acceptable, for some reason. He was angry at the time, but this is irrelevant because anger never has been and never will be an excuse.

(Another Example: Everyone who wants picto legal, why haven't you done anything about it?)

I might post more if I can think of more.

I mean I'm pretty stupid but I don't think I'm *that* stupid lol. I understand where you're coming from. I really do.
Maybe you do. I wouldn't know.

The sad thing is that you're a good person, but despite your good intentions you are getting nowhere and you are now notorious in this forum. Sometimes, you need to know which battles are your losing ones and just stop.
I am getting somewhere, or atleast I percieve myself to be getting somewhere, and this is okay with me.

Eventually I'll stop getting somewhere. At this point either all you people will quite literally be horrible people, or I will have no need to converse with you anymore. At least, this is what I think.

I think I can speak for most of us that we all like you in person. I wish you could be a little less serious and just accept the rules as they are (Brawl is just a game!). Whether or not IC's chaingrabs are banned (or whatever that thread is about) isn't really a huge concern. There's barely anybody that really focuses on IC in BC.
No, it matters. It matters because it echos throughout the community, (note my rule doesn't even affect IC's as it's their whole meta, but I'm going on the concept not the example) it lets it be known that such is acceptable, and if even one matchup is won by the player who got lucky, then something is wrong.

Very, very wrong.

I think you should try the IC yourself. Chaingrabbing all the characters consistently is not easy (well besides Zelda and some others) and the reward for a lot of hard work and persistence are the benefits of a "low risk, high reward" technique, if it even is "low risk".
The reward for a lot of hard work and persistence for the other player?

I'm not considered a good enough character to be warranted to have a good chance at ever playing at a tournament level.

You find this ok?

EDIT: I forgot something.

I am no different a person in person then I am here. I restrained myself once at the tournament, and this was because I was afraid firefly would be unable to be logical.

The only thing that holds me back in real life is you guys. There is nothing that holds me back here, and this is why you all seem to dislike me.

I can't understand this, because you guys haven't told me. You've given me vague and illogical statements like 'it doesn't matter', and told me to deal with it when I personally know better then this.

[EDIT: This is not fully true, but what I have been told that wasn't an illogical statement was more of 'I don't like you.'. I can't act on this]

It's like the ruleset.

Then again, I know there's a 'ruleset' for life and I choose to not abide by it because it is a horrible ruleset. Most people lack the intelligence to see this and act on it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Trust me, I'm not tournament material myself but hey I am slowly improving and one day I hope to at least be a challenge to you guys. All things in due time though.

I don't try to be a horrible person. I try to be friendly to everybody here but if I am bothering you I will stop responding to you in the future.

So you also support banning Peach because she can destroy Pit with a bomb?

The reason why you are starting to be disliked is because we are all fed up with your arguments. That's all you ever do and it doesn't take a genius like you to realize this thread is not the place for them.

It's unfortunate that you will be leaving us Arcansi, because that's definitely what I think your post is implying. By all means, don't let us hold you back to impose new rules in your area's events.

Sorry I lack the intelligence to understand the complexities of your paradigms of Brawl. Can't be helped.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I lost at the ruleset in life anatomy.

I can picture Arcansi being the kind of guy going around breaking the 10 commandments and proclaiming his faith at the same time, say God's ruleset is bad.

This is a joke, I don't intend to offend people.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I don't try to be a horrible person. I try to be friendly to everybody here but if I am bothering you I will stop responding to you in the future.
That's the worst thing you could do.

People seem to think the best option when your annoying someone is just stop talking to them, because isolating people from other people is good, right?

All I'm looking for is understanding.

It's something else I've experienced first hand and have no understanding of. It seems extremely illogical and if not so, extremely selfish and uncaring.

So you also support banning Peach because she can destroy Pit with a bomb?
I support the banning of bombs.

The reason why you are starting to be disliked is because we are all fed up with your arguments. That's all you ever do and it doesn't take a genius like you to realize this thread is not the place for them.
It is in no way all I ever do.

Thread Opening said:
This is the thread for the monthly Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournaments for the Greater Vancouver Area in B.C., Canada.
It is actually you guys that are off-topic most of the time.

If this isn't the place for arguing about our tournaments, where is?

It's unfortunate that you will be leaving us Arcansi, because that's definitely what I think your post is implying. By all means, don't let us hold you back to impose new rules in your area's events.
I had no plans of leaving you guys. I just stated the endpoints for my participation in this forum. They are in no way near completion.

Sorry I lack the intelligence to understand the complexities of your paradigms of Brawl. Can't be helped.
I never said anything about my paradigms of brawl or their complexities.

I was talking about the ruleset in life.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well all you ever do is argue and if you don't like what I say what else can I do besides not argue?

Bombs are pulled at a 0.043% rate. Honestly, it hardly poses a threat.

It seems I need to be more precise with my wording. No, you don't argue 100% of the time, but most of time you are arguing.

Yes this thread is for tournament discussion, but as you know by now it has also become our social thread. I think you are clever enough to know this without any written aids.

I for one would love to see you stay. Just relax, have a chat, and enjoy your time. You aren't meant to exhaust your brain in this thread!

Being more serious now...

Why do we need an ambassador? I don't think an ambassador for BC Brawl Monthlies would do much...

Looking at the thread... the only thing I think we may be lacking is a Moderator for this thread/region, but our behaviour in general has been pretty in-control. If we really need one, I'd nominate Jake since he is the one in charge after all. :o

Asa

Smash Hero
We need an ambassador. Someone please sign up. I would consider doing it myself but (as it always has been) one of my major burdens is location.
do u mean a Urc member?

Doing good hng u coming back to us?

Crisis

Smash Ace
come back hng the venue is closer lol

@ Arcansi

Alright consider this analogy:

Kids have a game of hopscotch at school with a simple but imperfect rule set. One kid decides that it's unfair and tells them to use his elaborate balanced rule set. Noone listens because:
1. It's a simple game of hopscotch. They just want to have fun without making it too complicated.
2. They only have 20 minutes to play. They don't see the reason behind figuring out his complicated rules when they're already content with their game.
Some kids continue to play their game and ignore his rules while others call him an idiot without saying why because they think it's obvious.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Can I be the ambassador? I spend constant hours at my home alone playing brawl all day I assure you. I know all the things. Ice climbers I vote to ban **** those kids.

Asa

Smash Hero
That actually sounds pretty cool, I've always thought that we should be putting up more posters and **** cuz it's likely that there are a good number of ppl out there that would be interested in tournies

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Personally I don't think BC Brawl is at the level where we would need sponsorships and other connections to businesses. The Facebook response for the upcoming tournament is abysmal.

Crisis

Smash Ace
Posters are a good idea . Not everyone looks up tournaments on smashboards. I'm sure there are casual players who would want to play.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well you're in luck! Every tourney, Jake wants posters made and in exchange your venue fee is waived!

Asa

Smash Hero
Kev, they don't have to respond to the fb post, they just need to see it. I like posters better tho, but both is preferable

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm sure the venue would allow the posters but focusing on eughMarketing for BC Brawl Monthlies sounds like a huge stretch. We're still a very small community and group of friends.

This "media and local sponsor" thing seems too crazy. I mean if we were much larger, I actually wouldn't mind trying out for this Ambassador thing. I don't think I'm too lazy when work needs to get done, of course there's rarely any work to be done but I get jumpy when something approaches a deadline and nothing is being done.

By the way, the Brawl Back Room Update thread is pure gold. So much popcorn... And sigh a SHEIK got removed from this secret back room. If Ed gets kicked out I'll be really sad :(

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Well all you ever do is argue and if you don't like what I say what else can I do besides not argue?
Not argue != not talk to me.

Bombs are pulled at a 0.043% rate. Honestly, it hardly poses a threat.
I would like to link you to a youtube video in which peach's main reason for winning was that 0.043% chance. Except I'm pretty sure you already know of it.

Thing is, it will come up. Peach could have a 0.0000000000001 chance to pick up a bomb and all that would do is make it even more of an atrocity to any match that was affected by it.

It reduces the ability for our game to test skill, and this is bad.

It seems I need to be more precise with my wording. No, you don't argue 100% of the time, but most of time you are arguing.
Okay.

Yes this thread is for tournament discussion, but as you know by now it has also become our social thread. I think you are clever enough to know this without any written aids.
You missed my second point. If there is anywhere for me to argue about our tournaments, wouldn't here be that place?

I for one would love to see you stay. Just relax, have a chat, and enjoy your time. You aren't meant to exhaust your brain in this thread!
I can't relax because there are still problems. I can act and appear relaxed, and I do.

I always have a chat here. I also almost always enjoy myself here.

I don't know what it feels like to exhaust my brain, so I can't make any refrence or anything regarding that. Sorry.

I think an ambassador would be good to improve our regional scene. I've considered doing this for my local area.

My local area is horrible. I think Travis is regarded as a feared player and I'm pretty sure nobody has any big dreams here.

@ Arcansi

Alright consider this analogy:

Kids have a game of hopscotch at school with a simple but imperfect rule set. One kid decides that it's unfair and tells them to use his elaborate balanced rule set. Noone listens because:
1. It's a simple game of hopscotch. They just want to have fun without making it too complicated.
2. They only have 20 minutes to play. They don't see the reason behind figuring out his complicated rules when they're already content with their game.
Some kids continue to play their game and ignore his rules while others call him an idiot without saying why because they think it's obvious.
This almost works.

Except we're playing for placement and money.

They aren't.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Don't wanna multi-quote stuff.

1) I'm glad to talk to anybody... I just don't like arguing that's all.
2) Go :peach:!! Mr. Game and Watch has a 1/7 to get a 9.
3) Good point. The fact still remains that everybody's sick of your arguing. That was the point of what I said.
4) I'm happy to know you feel comfortable in here.
5) Don't give up! It may be hard but if you love Brawl and the community, you should keep at it!

Top Bottom