• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thank goodness Cory Schneider is goal tending. I've been saying he needs to take over Luongo's job since the last playoffs!

Bet Canucks are going to win tonight!

I take that back. Get ***** Canucks.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I know (points to my last goaltending related post)! Oh well, we suck.

In other news, Deap has quit Brawl and I can see myself not attending future events. >_>

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
He's sick of everybody (Melee people included) being so engrossed in the game that nobody thinks of anything else. The game is simply not fun and certain people constantly driving home the fact that he sucks and gets 3 stocked doesn't help the cause. Also, camping and playing "gay" is stupid.

I'm finding it harder to start up a basic conversation with you guys, and when I do it's normally about Brawl and I'm getting sick of it. Like I realize that's what we have in common but I just feel so detached from everybody now :(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It's nothing to snicker at. If you did that to me, I'd seriously have quit ages ago.

I'm not as competitive as you guys, but if I am constantly reminded of how bad I am, I'd feel like crap and lose respect for the community. inb4thenstopsucking

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm just saying. But the fact remains that we have just lost a good player over something trivial...

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I chilled out with Deap a little bit last tourney, he was a cool guy

even gave me some sushi

i wrecked his Diddy though :awesome:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Hey Dawson if you wanted a Lylat texture you can try this one.

subtle but effective

Also Caiden if you wanna be maximum bro we could play Skullgirls. Long story short, my friend who had planned to gameshare me the tiny 6kb unlock file couldn't because he already *****d his PS3 out to 5 other people which is the cap. I'd need to jump on your account for like 30 seconds so I can download that file, since everything is already on the Demo it's just locked because they're ******s.. Help your commentator buddy out, you know you want too.

This is all assuming you have a PS3 of course. And I do plan on buying the game eventually if I can't get gameshared.. but that could be awhile.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I'll admit I get really angry and salty when I lose (and sometimes when I win). Sorry if that has offended anyone but I'm pretty sure I have anger management issues. Srs.

Kevin your peach is so close to legit beating me and you're also improving a lot right now, you should stop saying that you're bad because that stopped being true a while ago.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Aw thanks for liking my Peach. Still got so much to work on... still struggle so much with execution and getting some tourney exposure with her would help I'm sure.

:phone:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Aw thanks for liking my Peach. Still got so much to work on... still struggle so much with execution and getting some tourney exposure with her would help I'm sure.

Want some Sonic experience? No need for money matches or anything, but DTP is coming and his Peach is pretty sick. We could both give you some pointers.

....unless you do wanna money match. Cuz I'm do down for that too. :p

Sucks that Deap quit though. :( Smash Bros has the term "bro" in it. People gotta be more cool. In Alberta we're all about hitting up the mc****s and talking about whatever. More to life then Smash. .....even if i say this as I'm traveling to Japan for said Japan as Smash.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I mean I have friends that don't play smash, so obviously I have "normal" conversations with them. However I really love smash, so when I am with people who know their **** I am always down to talk smash with them. Sounds like people in BC are the same way... And I don't see why you would expect anything else. Why else would people constantly come back to tournaments and invest so much time into the game?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I understand what you're saying I'm just talking about chatting online though. I won't lie being ignored at P6 because everybody had better people to play against than a Zelda main really got to me.

Kuraudo we can MM I'd you'd like. I would love pointers from you two and anybody in general. :)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Sounds like you're not considering the situation people were in at all. Consider the venue and consider how hard it was to get a TV to play. I really doubt that A. everyone knew you were a zelda player and B. most people would blatantly say no to you if you asked to play on one of the TVs. Often times the TVs were probably full and yeah if you asked to play, people are going to say no... I don't see anything wrong with that.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I almost always had access to an open TV in the kitchen and people all said I want to ask some other person for a MM first. Oh well.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
I main Zelda and I played a lot.

I really don't want Deap to quit, it's been far too long since him and I got to hang out. Deap was always one of the people I most looked forward to getting to chill with when I went to a tournament. Ever since Phoenix 1.
It's seems this is happening to all of the players that have been around for a long time now.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Deap pissed me off in a situation on face book which got rather personal.

I'd rather not get into it.

With that said it was wrong of me to encourage him to quit, considering his attitude towards the game, despite my feelings towards him.

And Deap, you better not quit, you take out all those pesky :rob:s for me ;)

Arcansi

Smash Champion
It's nothing to snicker at. If you did that to me, I'd seriously have quit ages ago.

I'm not as competitive as you guys, but if I am constantly reminded of how bad I am, I'd feel like crap and lose respect for the community. inb4thenstopsucking
Wait, you mean like me being constantly reminded that me just talking here isn't liked?

I mean, what's the difference?

Also, you guys get caught up in emotions way too much. I don't think I've acted out of anger ever since I realized how bad it is to do, and I'm not sure why you guys still do.

EDIT: As for my opinion on the deap thing, he seemed like a scrub (literal definition) and a guy who probably was pretty unintelligent and bad at smash. He probably would've only made my tournament experience worse, although I can't judge by how much seeing as I don't know the full extent of his personality and junk.

No offence intended, just real talk.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah Deap's pretty bad... I think he'll only be able to two stock you :(

No offense.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Arcansi said:
Wait, you mean like me being constantly reminded that me just talking here isn't liked?

I mean, what's the difference?

Also, you guys get caught up in emotions way too much. I don't think I've acted out of anger ever since I realized how bad it is to do, and I'm not sure why you guys still do.

EDIT: As for my opinion on the deap thing, he seemed like a scrub (literal definition) and a guy who probably was pretty unintelligent and bad at smash. He probably would've only made my tournament experience worse, although I can't judge by how much seeing as I don't know the full extent of his personality and junk.

No offence intended, just real talk.
Your opinions are whack, real talk.

Btw, is our whole $50 MM still happening? Saw your post about mom not giving you as much money as you thought, so if you'd like we could drop it or lower the price. I wouldn't mind because it'd guarantee me lot's of MMs against the OoP people, let alone our own top players.

In no way am I trying to back out or sound scared or something, i'm super confident going into this, just trying to do this with some respectful Smash etiquette.

I may like to Picto MM you anyways, so if you don't want to do our big one (or just lower the value, no big deal) we could probably do that for sure.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
It really isn't. =/

Though Deap has been troublesome at times for me as a TO (just dumb things like trying to barter entry fees and the like), I really hope he doesn't actually plan on quitting. :x

Also, I'm seriously considering getting into Skullgirls over the Summer. My brother has an Xbox, and I've been thinking about playing a 2-D fighter for a while. The price is right, and it would be nice to have something I can play online for the 4 months I'll have without any Smash scene to speak of...

:005:

Top Bottom