• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

| Big D |

Smash Master
I noticed the pun lol

Last tourney was really fun really looking forward to the next one, you guys have been really stepping it up :)

Captain L

Smash Champion
next tourney will be interesting, yo jake you should make it next saturday since all the sfu cats will be on reading break

also for reals I'll try to find a way to make instant replay a thing

Metà

Smash Master
who's coming to the melee/P:M tournament this weekend?

#freedede

edit: there will most likely be a doubles tourney for P:M as well, if we have time and enough entrants

bundtcake

Smash Ace
excuse me as i go super advertise mode on you guys but

How many of you would be interested in... SMASH BROS FOR CHARITY? But it would seem like stealing from the pot if I hosted a charity tournament, so instead I'm planning on doing something called:

FALCON PUNCHATHON!

Basically it's a smashfest for charity, but with a bit of a twist: every time you get hit by a falcon punch, you donate a quarter! We also tally up the amount of falcon punches you inflict upon other people throughout the event, and the person with the most falcon punches will win a fabulous yet to be determined prize and super bragging rights! I'll also be selling tickets for a door prize event to give away some extra prizes!

So wait, what charity am I punching people for?
The 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer! A good friend of mine is participating, and the proceeds from the ride go to the BC Cancer Agency.

I kind of just want to donate right now.
You can do that right here! They accept credit and Paypal.

I also kind of just want to donate right now, but I don't have money. :(
That's fine too! If you have something to donate to be a door prize, that would be greatly appreciated. Or help supply setups, or just spread the word to your friends (once I have officially booked this), there's plenty of ways to help out.

Well okay this sounds awesome, but why are you posting this before actually officially organizing anything?
Well, first of all I need to gauge how interested people would be and get some feedback from you guys.

So are you interested in participating and/or willing to help provide setups or prize donations? Got any questions, suggestions, or concerns? Let me know! Post here or PM me. I'm currently in the middle of finalizing all of the details such as the date, prizes, etc etc etc, but I'll keep you guys up to date as I make progress on that.

tl;dr: falcon punch people for charity, sound awesome y/n?

| Big D |

Smash Master
Not gonna lie, it would be a lot more enticing if it was a tournament for charity instead of fishing for falcon punches all day.

My opinion anyways, but I think you would get a lot more attendance that way.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
I definitely wouldn't mind hosting a charity tournament either, I could even do both if there's enough interest

I kind of just really really really want to host a Falcon Punchathon though

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
No lie, I'd put like $50 hands down for a charity event and would be ok with getting ***** like normal.

^.^

:phone:

Asa

Smash Hero
On my way to dollas with sync and tesh. Trela was bad so missed his bus. Was teaming with pj but last minute work johns came up, doing double wario with tesh. Should be fun!

Asa

Smash Hero
It helps you with dealing with fraudulence more effectively offline

You see bull**** in brawl at a tournament and you think " wifi could've done better"

| Big D |

Smash Master
that's why you beat asa and alphie np
My one experience with wifi was at Jason's house and omg. We spend like 40 minutes only to play one singles match where the lag is unbearable and a doubles match where his partner drops out. Not to mention the lag was like slideshow status.

Top Bottom