• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha if only :(

My locations are OTC drugs and Health and Beauty Aids (HABA). Meta Knights get to pick in Pharmaceuticals (most potential for bonus money).

Hi Agias! Introduce yourself!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah and because I go so fast, I get sent home earlier (2hrs early for the past month). I calculated that if I go slow and stay 2hrs longer, I'd make more money.

The manager's stance is that I work once a week and I earn $60-$80 bonus per shift (though less lately since it's slower and my partner is learning from me :() plus $25 if I make no errors and some people work full time and get no bonus at all so in this way it's not fair. Well, it's not really my fault they aren't as fast as me.
I fail to see how this can be a stance. You're just being ripped off out of the bonus you are legitimately earning by doing better work for them.

They are punishing you for being a good employee.

Trying to my head around how this could make sense is making my head hurt.

:005:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh well it is what it is. I just need to hold it in for a few more months until I get my diploma. Then I can get an accounting job while I complete my degree at night. Can't wait to experience the office life, haha.

My manager isn't well liked since he is so proud and he is feared. He was a typical employee like me but he climbed his way to warehouse manager by whistle-blowing the previous manager who was embezzling BBQ proceeds (to charity). Lol.

SKidd

Smash Master
that doesn't exist anymore kevin

kevin i love you
you know that right?
don't you love me?

also shoutouts to Landon's left turns

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Come on MSN instead :(

Landon sounds like a scary driver. Hope I'm not as scary!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm I pretty much erased my Skype during my last emo moment.

Add my new account: [my first name][my last name]1@outlook.com (No spaces or periods)

Captain L

Smash Champion
Yo I'm a decent driver it was just the first time I'd ever driven in downtown vanvouver and all of the one-way streets threw me off, combined with a completely empty oncoming HOV lane that looked like it was just right for me.

SKidd

Smash Master
you know that feeling when two of your friends meet and you want them to get along but one of them says something really stupid and ****s it all up

that's the gayest feeling

| Big D |

Smash Master

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Huh I don't get that video... Did he reject a handshake or something because if he did, that's kinda not so good.

I just went to my first networking event. Was really fun but I got really nervous but it was a great learning experience!

ICs are good. Yoshi is good. Peach sucks!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Oh well it is what it is. I just need to hold it in for a few more months until I get my diploma. Then I can get an accounting job while I complete my degree at night. Can't wait to experience the office life, haha.

My manager isn't well liked since he is so proud and he is feared. He was a typical employee like me but he climbed his way to warehouse manager by whistle-blowing the previous manager who was embezzling BBQ proceeds (to charity). Lol.
The old manager is my hero

Captain L

Smash Champion
I'd kinda be down to have a brawl low tier side event

or like, jank stages only
japes
norfair
picto
distant planet
ect.

just nothing with stupid circles like temple

Captain L

Smash Champion
Ganon can still circle against another ganon

:OOOOO

how about we do doubles on dumb stages like temple

Captain L

Smash Champion
woah mr. condescending I was just throwing out ideas

besides how do you know people don't want to do jank stage events?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'll be 100% honest here. I support any Brawl related side-event. I know you guys like your P:M and some of you may consider it more fun than our older side-events but P:M just doesn't have the hype or charm of the Brawl side-events we used to have. We've been doing P:M every event since Dazrin got involved with BC Smash (which was ages ago) and I think it's about time for a change.

I far prefer Melee over Project M. <- That comment will make half of you guys hate me. Long story short I attribute a certain event to P:M which is why I dislike the game - it's nothing about the game itself.

I was always a fan of low tier doubles :)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Here's what I'm thinking:

I want to run a proper Brawl side event this time, and I know most of the Brawl community does too, so that's what will happen. We will do either Low Tier Singles or Low Tier Doubles, since those are the ideas that come up the most and they seem like they would be pretty interesting. This means no P:M singles. But that's where the second idea comes in...

What if we replaced Brawl Doubles with P:M Doubles, for this event only? I know some people enjoy Brawl Doubles, but it doesn't usually get that much hype, and there are plenty of people who have been hoping for P:M Doubles for a while. This sounds to me like it would be a good compromise between P:M and Brawl side events (P:M Doubles, Brawl Singles, Brawl Low Tier Singles/Doubles). Of course, this is a Brawl series first and foremost, so if you guys (the Brawl community) would rather stick with Brawl Doubles instead, we'll just stick with that and do Brawl Doubles, Brawl Singles, Brawl Low Tier Singles/Doubles.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm not against that, Jake. I suggest we do something with some hype for a side event, or random (balanced) doubles if there are some new players.

Since I don't really have a doubles partner for any game, I may show up before singles starts... if I decide to come/enter singles.

Jason!

Smash Lord
I personally perfer Brawl doubles as well. Low tier doubles side event with a $1 entry fee would be hype.

Landondoublepuffpls

Top Bottom