• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Funny thing is Fox beats Peach but anyway... haha! Play me more and I'll make you hate Peach's crown smack even more than her tap dance :peach:<3

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha, we should have a Smashfest on Saturday! Problem is people have exams but maybe they will be free that day?

Plus Melee.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Double post~

Landon says he found a place in Langley that's selling first party GC controllers for $17, if anybody is interested. He'll be there until 9, so let him know before then!

Edit: $20 after tax. There's one silver and one black.

Captain L

Smash Champion
So I bought another n64 controller now with a good joystick, somebody play meeee

Dubs! There were exactly 3 sets saved to my wii.

Round 1
Grand Finals set 1
Grand Finals set 2

Just to be clear, most of what I upload will have me in it, but this is not because I'm being selfish and only uploading my own stuff. It's because very few people actually saved replays other than me. I saved stuff because stream quality is pretty ballsy, but all the sets that were played on stream can be located on my channel on twitch.

numbers: 30 replays on my wii from tourney, 20 have me. Again the reason I want to state this is so people don't think I'm ignoring all the replays without me.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Thanks Landon! Let me know when everything is done; I'm going to make a post compiling all the videos to share with the FB page once everything is done.

Regarding the next monthly, Stronghold is pretty much booked up for the entire month of May. Our only option is the 12th, which is a Sunday. Who would still be able to go?

Edit: This date is virtually confirmed; I'm just trying to gauge interest to make sure attendance won't be terrible. Just like this past monthly, I'm going to host it regardless simply because the only alternative is no monthly at all.

EditEdit: TIL Landon doesn't know how to spell "cannonless"

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm Port Coquitlam. That's still Coquitlam.

Thanks for uploading guys. If there are Zelda replays that won't be uploaded, can you send those replays my way? Thanks.

Captain L

Smash Champion
100% confirmed to not make the 12th, that's mother's day brah

like, any other sunday would be way better

Captain L

Smash Champion
yeah I know it's just unfortunate. Hopefully Sheldon and Koen can still find a way to get there.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
my house is always available. Im in poco now just to let everyone know. Just let me know a date. I only have 2 t.vs here now, I left one at my parents house.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Ya so my finals are over. I'm down to smash whenever. Also I'll start uploading more sets, just wanted WF, LF, and GF up quickly.

There's a chance I won't make doubles for the 12th because of Work, I'll probably be able to show up around 3:30 if that happens.

I guess my fests suck then :(

Captain L

Smash Champion
Dawson's smashfests:

It's really far away for me, like consistently the farthest I've driven in a single direction. That being said, the views are phenomenal, and the location is convenient for poutine and similar outings.
Smash area: 3/10
This is where your fests really struggle, it's a tiny, dimly lit room. Seriously, a solid bright light in there would make all the difference, I just can't handle the darkness in such a small room. Maybe if it was bigger the lighting would be fine. Number of chairs is generally low and puts a limit on the number of people who can fit. Also I've had to sit between chairs many times. Not comfortable.
Quality of smash: 7/10
Good times are usually had for the majority of the day, but inevitably the start always starts to flow.
Hospitality: 10/10
Your parents are always super nice and make really good food. No complaints here.

Overall: A solid 7/10. I enjoy the smashfests as evidenced by the multiple times that I've driven aaaaallll the way out there. Most of the issues are beyond your control, and are mainly due to size constraints of the room. Seriously though, I can't handle such a small dark room. Lights pls. Or at least let me be the one to sit beside the tiny lamp.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
My place:

Location: Fairly close to Maple Ridge. Amazing, quiet, and beautiful neighbourhood.
Smash Area: Just one CRT TV, but extremely spacious. I counted that I somehow have 5 GC controllers now. I have a new used Gamecube so we can play Melee and...... Project: M if you must insist.
Quality of Smash: Probably not that great if there aren't many people since I'm not a good player.
Hospitality: I cook foreign food. My mom cooks foreign food. I'm clean, organized, and I have lots of snacks, drinks, and alcohol.
Availability: Awful. :)

Just kidding, I'd be a horrible Smashfest host plus my times aren't great.

Jer, we should ask A6M for his availability, then probably Jake or Landon's.

SKidd

Smash Master
video games and dark go together very well

i play melee with koen almost erryday get *****

uhm what about my availability i thought i was important ):

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You can't be available unless Landon is.

Playing games in the dark is awful. Uncomfortable and gives your face a weird glow?

Top Bottom