• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Smashfest at my place on Tuesday (a once in a blue moon event!). Going to pick up Luthien (new player!) and up to two more at Braid Station probably at 10am and I'll drop him (and you?) back off at 3pm!

Only one CRT TV at my place.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Probably never until we figure out where our new venue is. It seems like Stronghold wants to get rid of our TVs right now.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Smashfest at my place on Tuesday (a once in a blue moon event!). Going to pick up Luthien (new player!) and up to two more at Braid Station probably at 10am and I'll drop him (and you?) back off at 3pm!

Only one CRT TV at my place.
That intersects almost perfectly with my 3-hour lecture. -.- Have a good smashfest!
o filthy new players! When is next tourney (Jake)?
Not sure yet. Sorry, I've been kind of slow to react on this change of venue thing. (work johns)

| Big D |

Smash Master
Ideally we'd end up where the melee people go, that way all the TVs are together and such.

Luthien I gotta ask, if you're new to the scene, why do you have 700+ posts?

Surely you must have some history.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay we'll have to make do with 1v1 unless somebody else is interested!

There is some history with Zelda =)

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Hi everyone, newbie to the scene here! I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can at Aleate's place on Tuesday!
Hello ^-^
I take it you play Zelda
ew
I would come by on Tuesday but I'm sort of in Chilliwack

ScottvsTheWorld

Smash Rookie
H-hello~
I didn't know you could see me stalking you guys!
My name's Scott and my friend (who will be making an account soon) are very interested in competing with you guys =)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Welcome to BC Brawl! I'm Kevin. Unfortunately Brawl and Melee are struggling with finding a new venue since our old one is a deemed fire hazard! Once we find a new place, both tournaments will be running immediately. For now, we will settle for Smashfests (usually at somebody's house)!

And yeah, I can stalk every registered user by looking at the bar at the bottom of the page. You need to make yourself invisible otherwise. =P

Luthien

Smash Ace
Luthien I gotta ask, if you're new to the scene, why do you have 700+ posts?

Surely you must have some history.

Haha, yes! Sorry, I realize now that sentence was poorly constructed! I was mainly around back in 2007-2008, but that was mostly me barely catching the tailends of Melee and the very beginning of Brawl. I've never experienced Vancouver's competitive - or casual, really - scene before, (although I have Brawled in Victoria where I'm currently studying.) I wouldn't say I'm a newbie to Brawl at all, but the Vancouver scene is definitely a new frontier for me!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hi there, nice to meet you too! Hope to see you at a future smashfest or tournament!

I like your character choices =)

Today's smashfest was awful. Power went out, Wii disc reader exploded, and on my way to the station, I was blocked by a train. Otherwise, really fun games today! See you again Luthien =)

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
H-hello~
I didn't know you could see me stalking you guys!
My name's Scott and my friend (who will be making an account soon) are very interested in competing with you guys =)
Is that ...
No way ...

Is that Link I see?
<3

Welcome Scott ^-^ If you show me your Link I'll love you forever
OMGNOPao, nice to see you here as well (:

Luthien

Smash Ace
Victoria?! Are you anywhere near Cedar Hill and McKenzie?
Well, I lived on UVic campus last year, so about a 20 minute walk away from there! I'll be looking for a place to stay when I go back in September, hopefully in that area! ^^ I'm currently living in Surrey during the summer, but will be heading back to Victoria when school starts again.

OMGNOpao

Smash Rookie
Hi there, nice to meet you too! Hope to see you at a future smashfest or tournament!

I like your character choices =)

Today's smashfest was awful. Power went out, Wii disc reader exploded, and on my way to the station, I was blocked by a train. Otherwise, really fun games today! See you again Luthien =)
<3 OMG A PEACH MAIN!!!!! Im happy im not the only one peach main!

ScottvsTheWorld

Smash Rookie
Is that ...
No way ...

Is that Link I see?
<3

Welcome Scott ^-^ If you show me your Link I'll love you forever
OMGNOPao, nice to see you here as well (:
Yeah!! I haven't played Melee since Brawl came out (LOL) but he's my favourite character!
I'd love to show you! I've never fought a decent Link before so it'd be great to test my skills :D

kaplane

Smash Rookie
Are these still going on? Me and some of my friends have been getting more and more into brawl and really want to try our hand at a tournament. However we leave for a year in a few months and really want to go to a tournament before we go. Please respond with when the next one is gonna be if they're still happebing

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hey that's awesome but unfortunately we're in the process (or not at all) finding a new venue for tournaments :(

Who wants a Smashfest at Best Buy on the 12th or 15th? ;)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
21 unspecified locations in Canada though!

The first sentence in that article also mentions Canada.

Top Bottom